Retention Policy - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Retention Policy - Mozilla ; I noticed a new (?) Retention Policy field in newsgroup properties, with an option to select "Don't delete any messages". Does this mean it is now possible to transfer 'ownership' of downloaded messages by activating this option so that, unlike ...

  1. Retention Policy

    I noticed a new (?) Retention Policy field in newsgroup properties, with
    an option to select "Don't delete any messages".

    Does this mean it is now possible to transfer 'ownership' of downloaded
    messages by activating this option so that, unlike in the past, they are
    not deleted if the user unsubsrcibes from that group?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  2. Re: Retention Policy

    _Herb_ spoke thusly on 13/01/2006 12:11 PM:
    > I noticed a new (?) Retention Policy field in newsgroup properties, with
    > an option to select "Don't delete any messages".
    >
    > Does this mean it is now possible to transfer 'ownership' of downloaded
    > messages by activating this option so that, unlike in the past, they are
    > not deleted if the user unsubsrcibes from that group?

    No, that's the message aging feature. See:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_aging
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help