"Unorganised" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Unorganised" - Mozilla ; Since upgrading to 1.5 I no longer see the "Organization" field in the header of received messages, although I still see it in the Sent folder and in newsgroups. What's going on??? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk...

  1. "Unorganised"

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  2. Re: "Unorganised"

    On 13.01.2006 15:58 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    > Since upgrading to 1.5 I no longer see the "Organization" field in the
    > header of received messages, although I still see it in the Sent folder
    > and in newsgroups.
    >
    > What's going on???

    Correction: I see the field when the header actually contains and entry
    for "Organization". The field is not shown if there is no entry.

    Perhaps I'm getting confused, but I seem to remember that the field was
    always shown in 1.0.7?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: "Unorganised"

    Herb wrote:
    > On 13.01.2006 15:58 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    >> Since upgrading to 1.5 I no longer see the "Organization" field in the
    >> header of received messages, although I still see it in the Sent
    >> folder and in newsgroups.
    >>
    >> What's going on???
    >>

    > Correction: I see the field when the header actually contains and entry
    > for "Organization". The field is not shown if there is no entry.
    >
    > Perhaps I'm getting confused, but I seem to remember that the field was
    > always shown in 1.0.7?

    I believe you are correct Herb. Perhaps 1.5 doesn't contain "Another
    Netscape Collabra User" in that field by default?

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org

    .. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

    .. http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

  4. Re: "Unorganised"

    On 13.01.2006 16:52 UK Time, Brian J. Graham wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> On 13.01.2006 15:58 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    >>> Since upgrading to 1.5 I no longer see the "Organization" field in
    >>> the header of received messages, although I still see it in the Sent
    >>> folder and in newsgroups.
    >>>
    >>> What's going on???
    >>>

    >> Correction: I see the field when the header actually contains and
    >> entry for "Organization". The field is not shown if there is no entry.
    >>
    >> Perhaps I'm getting confused, but I seem to remember that the field
    >> was always shown in 1.0.7?
    >>

    > I believe you are correct Herb. Perhaps 1.5 doesn't contain "Another
    > Netscape Collabra User" in that field by default?

    Although entries such as "Mission Impossible ...Good Morning Mr.
    Phelps..." are, of course, shown :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  5. Re: "Unorganised"

    Herb wrote:
    > On 13.01.2006 16:52 UK Time, Brian J. Graham wrote:
    >> Herb wrote:

    >>> Correction: I see the field when the header actually contains and
    >>> entry for "Organization". The field is not shown if there is no entry.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps I'm getting confused, but I seem to remember that the field
    >>> was always shown in 1.0.7?
    >>>

    >> I believe you are correct Herb. Perhaps 1.5 doesn't contain "Another
    >> Netscape Collabra User" in that field by default?
    >>

    > Although entries such as "Mission Impossible ...Good Morning Mr.
    > Phelps..." are, of course, shown :-)

    LOL! Yes! I think you are on to a change in 1.5. Maybe it takes out
    the Netscape Collabra reference. I am now noticing none of those so far
    in 1.5 posts ..but plenty of custom examples such as mine.

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org

    .. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

    .. http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

  6. Re: "Unorganised"

    On 13.01.2006 17:01 UK Time, Brian J. Graham wrote:
    > Herb wrote:

    >>> I believe you are correct Herb. Perhaps 1.5 doesn't contain "Another
    >>> Netscape Collabra User" in that field by default?
    >>>

    >> Although entries such as "Mission Impossible ...Good Morning Mr.
    >> Phelps..." are, of course, shown :-)
    >>

    > LOL! Yes! I think you are on to a change in 1.5. Maybe it takes out
    > the Netscape Collabra reference. I am now noticing none of those so far
    > in 1.5 posts ..but plenty of custom examples such as mine.

    And mine now I remembered to insert it for the new server :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  7. Re: "Unorganised"

    On 13.01.2006 17:02 UK Time, Herb wrote:
    > On 13.01.2006 17:01 UK Time, Brian J. Graham wrote:
    >> Herb wrote:

    >>> Although entries such as "Mission Impossible ...Good Morning Mr.
    >>> Phelps..." are, of course, shown :-)
    >>>

    >> LOL! Yes! I think you are on to a change in 1.5. Maybe it takes out
    >> the Netscape Collabra reference. I am now noticing none of those so
    >> far in 1.5 posts ..but plenty of custom examples such as mine.
    >>

    > And mine now I remembered to insert it for the new server :-)

    Although it would, of course be even better, if links in the
    Organisation field were clickable :-)

    Where would be the best place for suggesting this?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  8. Re: "Unorganised"

    Herb wrote:
    > On 13.01.2006 17:02 UK Time, Herb wrote:

    >>> LOL! Yes! I think you are on to a change in 1.5. Maybe it takes
    >>> out the Netscape Collabra reference. I am now noticing none of those
    >>> so far in 1.5 posts ..but plenty of custom examples such as mine.
    >>>

    >> And mine now I remembered to insert it for the new server :-)
    >>

    > Although it would, of course be even better, if links in the
    > Organisation field were clickable :-)
    >
    > Where would be the best place for suggesting this?

    I can click on those links and the site opens in Firefox. I wonder if
    that is a feature of Mnenhy which I have installed in TB 1.5 & SeaMonkey
    1.9a where the links are also clickable.

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org

    .. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

    .. http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

  9. Re: "Unorganised"

    On 13.01.2006 17:07 UK Time, Brian J. Graham wrote:
    > Herb wrote:

    >>> And mine now I remembered to insert it for the new server :-)
    >>>

    >> Although it would, of course be even better, if links in the
    >> Organisation field were clickable :-)
    >>
    >> Where would be the best place for suggesting this?
    >>

    > I can click on those links and the site opens in Firefox. I wonder if
    > that is a feature of Mnenhy which I have installed in TB 1.5 & SeaMonkey
    > 1.9a where the links are also clickable.

    Yes, I guess it must be.

    Time for me to revisit Mnenhy, methinks, once I have sorted out my
    current "Settings not sticking after upgrade to 1.5" problem.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  10. Re: "Unorganised"

    _Herb_ spoke thusly on 13/01/2006 10:58 AM:
    > Since upgrading to 1.5 I no longer see the "Organization" field in the
    > header of received messages, although I still see it in the Sent folder
    > and in newsgroups.
    >
    > What's going on???

    Be default, [View -> Headers -> Normal] the Organization does not
    display. In order to get to get it to display you must have either used
    an extension, like Mnenhy, or set the hidden preference
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

+ Reply to Thread