sending message failed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on sending message failed - Mozilla ; TB1.5 - thanks for the new version. Looks good. I am experimenting with a filter to forward a particular type of message to another account. I can send mail okay with TB (it isn't my main email client, I mainly ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. sending message failed

    TB1.5 - thanks for the new version. Looks good.
    I am experimenting with a filter to forward a
    particular type of message to another account.
    I can send mail okay with TB (it isn't my main
    email client, I mainly use it for news but have it
    configured for one email account which is my ISP
    primary account which gets a lot of spam, but also
    gets my VAT ISP invoices).

    My filter is meant to forward these invoices to a
    sub account which I then collect later with Outlook.

    When I run the filter on my Inbox (Local Folders
    Inbox) it gives me the message that "Sending of
    message failed."
    If I write and send an email to the same
    subaccount manually, it goes successfully so the
    smtp set up is sound.
    I can also manually forward the relevant message.
    I have only one smtp server set up in TB as
    recommended.
    I have a Global Master password set and I need to
    enter that once per session if sending/receiving
    email.

    What do I need to check please?

    Many thanks.

  2. Re: sending message failed

    Robert M Jones wrote:
    > TB1.5 - thanks for the new version. Looks good.
    > I am experimenting with a filter to forward a particular type of message
    > to another account.
    > I can send mail okay with TB (it isn't my main email client, I mainly
    > use it for news but have it configured for one email account which is my
    > ISP primary account which gets a lot of spam, but also gets my VAT ISP
    > invoices).
    >
    > My filter is meant to forward these invoices to a sub account which I
    > then collect later with Outlook.
    >
    > When I run the filter on my Inbox (Local Folders Inbox) it gives me the
    > message that "Sending of message failed."
    > If I write and send an email to the same subaccount manually, it goes
    > successfully so the smtp set up is sound.
    > I can also manually forward the relevant message.
    > I have only one smtp server set up in TB as recommended.
    > I have a Global Master password set and I need to enter that once per
    > session if sending/receiving email.
    >
    > What do I need to check please?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

  3. Re: sending message failed

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Robert M Jones wrote:
    >> TB1.5 - thanks for the new version. Looks good.
    >> I am experimenting with a filter to forward a particular type of
    >> message to another account.
    >> I can send mail okay with TB (it isn't my main email client, I mainly
    >> use it for news but have it configured for one email account which is
    >> my ISP primary account which gets a lot of spam, but also gets my VAT
    >> ISP invoices).
    >>
    >> My filter is meant to forward these invoices to a sub account which I
    >> then collect later with Outlook.
    >>
    >> When I run the filter on my Inbox (Local Folders Inbox) it gives me
    >> the message that "Sending of message failed."
    >> If I write and send an email to the same subaccount manually, it goes
    >> successfully so the smtp set up is sound.
    >> I can also manually forward the relevant message.
    >> I have only one smtp server set up in TB as recommended.
    >> I have a Global Master password set and I need to enter that once per
    >> session if sending/receiving email.
    >>
    >> What do I need to check please?
    >>
    >> Many thanks.

    > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    Well it was chosen via the user interface so
    hopefully the answer is yes?!

  4. Re: sending message failed

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have killed it
    for 1.0.7 or 1.5?

    --
    Cheers, Bev
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

  5. Re: sending message failed

    On 1/14/2006 9:11 AM The Real Bev scribbled:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    > > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    > Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have killed it
    > for 1.0.7 or 1.5?

    I didn't unnerstan that point either - been frwding spam for over 2
    years - what am I/we tinw missing?

  6. Re: sending message failed

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    > > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    > Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have
    > killed it for 1.0.7 or 1.5?

    No, it isnt available as a FILTER option in TB 1.0.7

  7. Re: sending message failed

    jg wrote:
    > On 1/14/2006 9:11 AM The Real Bev scribbled:
    >

    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >> > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    >>Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have killed it
    >>for 1.0.7 or 1.5?
    >>

    > I didn't unnerstan that point either - been frwding spam for over 2
    > years - what am I/we tinw missing?

    because I was referring to a filter option to forward

  8. Re: sending message failed

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >> > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    >> Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have
    >> killed it for 1.0.7 or 1.5?
    >>

    > No, it isnt available as a FILTER option in TB 1.0.7

    in 1.5 the process is:
    tools - message filters - etc etc - Perform these
    actions - drop down menu - "Forward Message to"
    When I run that rule on the Local Folders Inbox
    (which contains messages which meet the filter
    conditions) I get the failure message - "Sending
    of message failed"
    Ordinary sending of email works.
    What should I be checking please?

  9. Re: sending message failed

    Robert M Jones wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:

    >>> Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have
    >>> killed it for 1.0.7 or 1.5?
    >>>

    >> No, it isnt available as a FILTER option in TB 1.0.7

    > in 1.5 the process is:
    > tools - message filters - etc etc - Perform these actions - drop down
    > menu - "Forward Message to"
    > When I run that rule on the Local Folders Inbox (which contains messages
    > which meet the filter conditions) I get the failure message - "Sending
    > of message failed"
    > Ordinary sending of email works.
    > What should I be checking please?

    Filter log reads:

    Applied filter "test" to message from
    "address@domain" - Test at 2004-10-06 09:53:38
    Action = Forward

  10. Re: sending message failed

    On 1/14/2006 10:51 AM Moz Champion (Dan) scribbled:

    > jg wrote:

    >>>Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have killed it
    >>>for 1.0.7 or 1.5?
    >>>

    >>I didn't unnerstan that point either - been frwding spam for over 2
    >>years - what am I/we tinw missing?

    > because I was referring to a filter option to forward

    Oh - 10-4 twice...

  11. Re: sending message failed

    Robert M Jones wrote:
    > TB1.5 - thanks for the new version. Looks good.
    > I am experimenting with a filter to forward a particular type of message
    > to another account.
    > I can send mail okay with TB (it isn't my main email client, I mainly
    > use it for news but have it configured for one email account which is my
    > ISP primary account which gets a lot of spam, but also gets my VAT ISP
    > invoices).
    >
    > My filter is meant to forward these invoices to a sub account which I
    > then collect later with Outlook.
    >
    > When I run the filter on my Inbox (Local Folders Inbox) it gives me the
    > message that "Sending of message failed."
    > If I write and send an email to the same subaccount manually, it goes
    > successfully so the smtp set up is sound.
    > I can also manually forward the relevant message.
    > I have only one smtp server set up in TB as recommended.
    > I have a Global Master password set and I need to enter that once per
    > session if sending/receiving email.
    >
    > What do I need to check please?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    OP here - now we've established that TB1.5
    includes forwarding as an option in the filter
    user interface, can anyone help me with my
    "sending of message failed" issue please?

  12. Re: sending message failed

    On 1/14/2006 1:43 PM Pacific, Robert M Jones wrote:

    ..

    > OP here - now we've established that TB1.5
    > includes forwarding as an option in the filter
    > user interface, can anyone help me with my
    > "sending of message failed" issue please?

    I have tested the filter forward option on winxp sp2 and Adelphia cable
    server. Get the following errors.
    (1) on receipt, the filter log shows "Forward" as the action taken, but
    no forward actually occurs.
    (2) when I then run the filter against the inbox, I get an error message
    that the server refused the connection. However the messages actually
    get forwarded! (running my filter against the inbox will result in all
    the messages being selected).

    You may want to file a bug report.

    Irwin
    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  13. Re: sending message failed

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Robert M Jones wrote:

    /snip/
    >> Many thanks.

    > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    Yup, and a nice addition it is.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  14. Re: sending message failed

    On 14.01.2006 11:11, The Real Bev wrote:

    > > Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    > Huh? I frequently use TB 1.0.6 to forward. How/why could they have killed it
    > for 1.0.7 or 1.5?

    A FILTER to "Forward message to" is available in 1.5

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  15. Re: sending message failed

    On 1/14/2006 4:40 PM Pacific, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Robert M Jones wrote:

    > /snip/
    >>> Many thanks.

    >> Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    > Yup, and a nice addition it is.
    >
    > Lee

    Has anyone gotten it to work?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  16. Re: sending message failed

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > You may want to file a bug report.
    >
    > Irwin

    thanks. How do I do that please?

  17. Re: sending message failed

    Irwin Greenwald wrote

    >>> Forward isnt an option in TB 1.0.7, is it in TB 1.5?

    >> Yup, and a nice addition it is.

    > Has anyone gotten it to work?

    I just tested it here, and it worked OK. My only complaint was that I have
    "Forward messages in-line" set in my TB options, but Thunderbird
    automatically forwarded the message as an attachment. I'll try and check it
    further, because that's important - anyone with any sense of security
    whatever is going to delete an un-signed, unexpected message with an
    attachment, thus rendering the facility useless.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.

  18. Re: sending message failed

    Robert M Jones wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >

    >>You may want to file a bug report.
    >>
    >>Irwin

    > thanks. How do I do that please?

    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

  19. Re: sending message failed

    Bob Henson wrote

    > I just tested it here, and it worked OK. My only complaint was that I have
    > "Forward messages in-line" set in my TB options, but Thunderbird
    > automatically forwarded the message as an attachment. I'll try and check it
    > further, because that's important - anyone with any sense of security
    > whatever is going to delete an un-signed, unexpected message with an
    > attachment, thus rendering the facility useless.

    P.S. I just checked with Bugzilla, and see it is already listed as a bug
    (321719) . For the above reasons, I'd urge as many as possible of you to
    vote for and/or add your comments to the bug.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.

  20. Re: sending message failed

    _Bob Henson_ spoke thusly on 15/01/2006 10:59 AM:
    > P.S. I just checked with Bugzilla, and see it is already listed as a bug
    > (321719) . For the above reasons, I'd urge as many as possible of you to
    > vote for and/or add your comments to the bug.

    Addendum: Do NOT, I repeat do NOT post comments such as:
    - "This bug prevents me from using Mozilla.."
    - "I think this bug should be fixed ASAP"

    In addition, read the Bugzilla etiquette page, before commenting.

    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

+ Reply to Thread