"N" picking up Unread junk messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "N" picking up Unread junk messages - Mozilla ; In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read my next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next folder with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not ...

  1. "N" picking up Unread junk messages

    In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read my
    next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next folder
    with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not go to any
    unread messages in the Junk folder which was great.

    After installing TB 1.5, pressing "N" is now jumping to the Junk folder
    to open the unread messages there. I don't want that. How can I get "N"
    to bypass the Junk folder?

    Thanks
    Bruce

  2. Re: "N" picking up Unread junk messages

    Bruce wrote, << On 01/12/2006 2:44 PM: >>
    > In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read my
    > next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next folder
    > with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not go to any
    > unread messages in the Junk folder which was great.
    >
    > After installing TB 1.5, pressing "N" is now jumping to the Junk folder
    > to open the unread messages there. I don't want that. How can I get "N"
    > to bypass the Junk folder?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bruce

    I should have mentioned I have the following in user.js:

    //************************************************** ***************************
    // This pref controls the "Advance to next unread message in [x] folder"
    behaviour
    //************************************************** ***************************
    // 0 - Always go to the next folder without prompting
    // 1 - Ask before going (the default behaviour)
    // 2 - Never go to the next folder with unread messages
    user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);

  3. Re: "N" picking up Unread junk messages

    Bruce wrote, << On 01/12/2006 2:44 PM: >>
    > In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read my
    > next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next folder
    > with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not go to any
    > unread messages in the Junk folder which was great.
    >
    > After installing TB 1.5, pressing "N" is now jumping to the Junk folder
    > to open the unread messages there. I don't want that. How can I get "N"
    > to bypass the Junk folder?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bruce

    (more info ..)

    Unread messages in the Junk folder under my IMAP account and Local
    folder ARE being bypassed but the Junk folder under my POP account are not.

    Bruce

  4. Re: "N" picking up Unread junk messages

    Bruce wrote:
    > Bruce wrote, << On 01/12/2006 2:44 PM: >>
    >> In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read
    >> my next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next
    >> folder with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not go to
    >> any unread messages in the Junk folder which was great.
    >>
    >> After installing TB 1.5, pressing "N" is now jumping to the Junk
    >> folder to open the unread messages there. I don't want that. How can I
    >> get "N" to bypass the Junk folder?

    > Unread messages in the Junk folder under my IMAP account and Local
    > folder ARE being bypassed but the Junk folder under my POP account are not.

    Is the Junk folder under your POP account actually recognized as a junk
    folder by TB? Is the folder shown alongside the 'junk' icon in the
    folder pane?

    You could reconfigure your POP account to use Local Folder\Junk rather
    than its own folder.

  5. Re: "N" picking up Unread junk messages

    Mike Cowperthwaite wrote, << On 01/13/2006 12:30 PM: >>
    > Bruce wrote:
    >> Bruce wrote, << On 01/12/2006 2:44 PM: >>
    >>> In TB 1.0.6, if I was in my Inbox, I would press the "N" key to read
    >>> my next unread message. After the Inbox, it would jump to the next
    >>> folder with any unread messages. However pressing "N" would not go to
    >>> any unread messages in the Junk folder which was great.
    >>>
    >>> After installing TB 1.5, pressing "N" is now jumping to the Junk
    >>> folder to open the unread messages there. I don't want that. How can
    >>> I get "N" to bypass the Junk folder?

    >> Unread messages in the Junk folder under my IMAP account and Local
    >> folder ARE being bypassed but the Junk folder under my POP account are
    >> not.

    > Is the Junk folder under your POP account actually recognized as a junk
    > folder by TB? Is the folder shown alongside the 'junk' icon in the
    > folder pane?
    >
    > You could reconfigure your POP account to use Local Folder\Junk rather
    > than its own folder.

    Mike, thanks for replying. Yes, the junk folder is one created by TB and
    has the normal 'junk' icon. However today, for whatever reason (FM?),
    clicking Next or the "N" key is now skipping the POP account Junk folder
    .... so things are as they were.

    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread