can't forward attached eml file - Mozilla

This is a discussion on can't forward attached eml file - Mozilla ; I received a message that has as an attachment an eml file, i.e. another message. I right click in the attachments field the eml in question and select "open". From the new window I click on the forward button but ...

  1. can't forward attached eml file

    I received a message that has as an attachment an eml file, i.e. another
    message. I right click in the attachments field the eml in question and
    select "open". From the new window I click on the forward button but
    nothing happens. The same for reply/reply to all.

    Is it just me or this is how it works?

    Using TB 1.5 RC2.

  2. Re: can't forward attached eml file

    On 1/12/2006 9:01 AM eastern, Thanos wrote:
    > I received a message that has as an attachment an eml file, i.e. another
    > message. I right click in the attachments field the eml in question and
    > select "open". From the new window I click on the forward button but
    > nothing happens. The same for reply/reply to all.
    >
    > Is it just me or this is how it works?
    >
    > Using TB 1.5 RC2.

    From a thread I started (TB 1.5 and .eml Files) on the other server
    around the end of November (in essence, no one was able to provide an
    alternative to this workaround):
    CTinFL
    PS: make sure you're set to use html for the reply.

    I often receive forwarded jokes with images from a friend using AOL. On
    occasion, I want to pass one on, but minus up to six levels of prior
    forwards and a zillion e-mail addresses showing. (I know, I know, my
    friend shouldn't do that, but I can't get him to edit before sending!!)

    Only way I've found to do that with TB (thus avoiding having to screw
    around with OE, ugh!) which will allow me to edit out headers while
    retaining the images is to:

    - start to reply to my friend, then replace his address with (bcc)
    addresses I want to send to.

    - edit out prior headers.

    Only problem is that stuff goes out quoted. That's pretty minor.

  3. Re: can't forward attached eml file

    Cal Tinson wrote:
    > On 1/12/2006 9:01 AM eastern, Thanos wrote:
    >
    >>I received a message that has as an attachment an eml file, i.e. another
    >>message. I right click in the attachments field the eml in question and
    >>select "open". From the new window I click on the forward button but
    >>nothing happens. The same for reply/reply to all.
    >>
    >>Is it just me or this is how it works?
    >>
    >>Using TB 1.5 RC2.

    [snip]
    > Only way I've found to do that with TB (thus avoiding having to screw
    > around with OE, ugh!) which will allow me to edit out headers while
    > retaining the images is to:
    >
    > - start to reply to my friend, then replace his address with (bcc)
    > addresses I want to send to.
    >
    > - edit out prior headers.
    >
    > Only problem is that stuff goes out quoted. That's pretty minor.

    That's the I way I do it. But I thought that since the original message
    is attached why not send that one to save me time.

+ Reply to Thread