Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question - Mozilla ; Quick question, does TB 1.5 have the ability to automatically strip attachments and save them to an external folder? I can do this manually in TB 1.0.7, but I would rather have it done automatically. One reason is for convenience. ...

  1. Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question

    Quick question, does TB 1.5 have the ability to automatically strip
    attachments and save them to an external folder?

    I can do this manually in TB 1.0.7, but I would rather have it done
    automatically. One reason is for convenience. The second is so that any
    anti-virus does not have any reason to have to clean (and potentially
    corrupt) my email messages.

    TIA,

    mikkl

  2. Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question

    _mikkl_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2006 7:39 AM:
    > Quick question, does TB 1.5 have the ability to automatically strip
    > attachments and save them to an external folder?
    >
    > I can do this manually in TB 1.0.7, but I would rather have it done
    > automatically. One reason is for convenience. The second is so that any
    > anti-virus does not have any reason to have to clean (and potentially
    > corrupt) my email messages.

    If by "automatically", you mean using a message filter, then the answer
    is no.
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  3. Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Feature Question

    Chris Ilias wrote in news:HICdnQwV9Pp_QlvenZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@mozilla.org:

    > If by "automatically", you mean using a message filter, then the answer
    > is no.

    What I mean is that as a message comes into the mailbox, the attachments
    are removed from the message and stored in a seperate location.

    Thanks,

    mikkl

+ Reply to Thread