Portable T-bird and updating - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Portable T-bird and updating - Mozilla ; Hi, I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB 1.5 release available yet, except RC1. I guess there might be one coming up, but ...

  1. Portable T-bird and updating

    Hi,

    I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
    Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
    1.5 release available yet, except RC1.

    I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
    to when.

    Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
    Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
    to the release version from there?

    Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
    http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
    http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/por...ort/#upgrading
    http://software.u3.com/Product_Detai...46&Selection=1

    TIA, BR,
    Gudmumd

  2. Re: Portable T-bird and updating

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
    > Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
    > 1.5 release available yet, except RC1.
    >
    > I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
    > to when.
    >
    > Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
    > Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
    > to the release version from there?
    >
    > Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
    > http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
    > http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/por...ort/#upgrading
    > http://software.u3.com/Product_Detai...46&Selection=1
    >
    > TIA, BR,
    > Gudmumd

    If you install PTB 1.5 and run it, the auto updater will update it. John
    is usually pretty prompt about updating PTB when a new release comes
    out, so take a look at his site later today or tomorrow.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Portable T-bird and updating

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I haven't gotten around yet to installing a portable version of
    >> Thunderbird to my USB drive. There doesn't seem to be any portable TB
    >> 1.5 release available yet, except RC1.
    >>
    >> I guess there might be one coming up, but haven't seen any indications
    >> to when.
    >>
    >> Does anyone happen to know how updating the portable versions work?
    >> Would I e. g. be well adviced to just go get the 1.5 RC1 and update it
    >> to the release version from there?
    >>
    >> Some relevant things I've found on the subject so far:
    >> http://portablethunderbird.mozdev.org/
    >> http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/por...ort/#upgrading
    >> http://software.u3.com/Product_Detai...46&Selection=1
    >>
    >> TIA, BR,
    >> Gudmumd
    >>

    > If you install PTB 1.5 and run it, the auto updater will update it. John
    > is usually pretty prompt about updating PTB when a new release comes
    > out, so take a look at his site later today or tomorrow.
    >
    > Lee

    I'm glad to hear it. Thanks, Lee!

    BR,
    Gudmund