TB1.5 Extension not installing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TB1.5 Extension not installing - Mozilla ; I've just upgraded to 1.5. 'Unselect Message' extension disappeared after installation of 1.5 so re-installed it using the correct method but it is now stuck in the Extension box as 'Unselect Message will be installed when Thunderbird is restarted' (or ...

  1. TB1.5 Extension not installing

    I've just upgraded to 1.5. 'Unselect Message' extension disappeared
    after installation of 1.5 so re-installed it using the correct method
    but it is now stuck in the Extension box as 'Unselect Message will be
    installed when Thunderbird is restarted' (or Upgraded or Deleted) but it
    wont do any of these even after a Windows reboot. Any ideas on what
    needs to be deleted from my profile. I notice that I have 3 extensions
    listed here (long numbers rather than IDs) but none installed in TB.
    Thanks

    --
    Hugh

  2. Re: TB1.5 Extension not installing

    _Hugh_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2006 5:43 AM:
    > I've just upgraded to 1.5. 'Unselect Message' extension disappeared
    > after installation of 1.5 so re-installed it using the correct method
    > but it is now stuck in the Extension box as 'Unselect Message will be
    > installed when Thunderbird is restarted' (or Upgraded or Deleted) but it
    > wont do any of these even after a Windows reboot. Any ideas on what
    > needs to be deleted from my profile. I notice that I have 3 extensions
    > listed here (long numbers rather than IDs) but none installed in TB.
    > Thanks

    Can you uninstall the extension?
    Did you bump up the compatibility yourself?
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  3. Re: TB1.5 Extension not installing

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Hugh_ spoke thusly on 12/01/2006 5:43 AM:
    >> I've just upgraded to 1.5. 'Unselect Message' extension disappeared
    >> after installation of 1.5 so re-installed it using the correct method
    >> but it is now stuck in the Extension box as 'Unselect Message will be
    >> installed when Thunderbird is restarted' (or Upgraded or Deleted) but
    >> it wont do any of these even after a Windows reboot. Any ideas on
    >> what needs to be deleted from my profile. I notice that I have 3
    >> extensions listed here (long numbers rather than IDs) but none
    >> installed in TB.
    >> Thanks

    > Can you uninstall the extension?
    > Did you bump up the compatibility yourself?

    Unselect Message won't uninstall. If I try it just sits there saying
    that it will uninstall when TB is restarted.
    It was listed as compatible with 1.5

    --
    Hugh

  4. Re: TB1.5 Extension not installing

    _Hugh_ spoke thusly on 13/01/2006 2:58 AM:
    > Unselect Message won't uninstall. If I try it just sits there saying
    > that it will uninstall when TB is restarted.
    > It was listed as compatible with 1.5

    Try it manually.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_extensions
    --