Odd Header - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Odd Header - Mozilla ; On 01/17/06 00:05, »Q« wrote: > No, clients have to escape that in the body before storing it in the > mbox file. Often it's done by changing it to ">From ", but I don't > know how Mozilla's mboxes ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Odd Header

    On 01/17/06 00:05, »Q« wrote:
    > No, clients have to escape that in the body before storing it in the
    > mbox file. Often it's done by changing it to ">From ", but I don't
    > know how Mozilla's mboxes handle it.
    >
    > From blah blah.
    >
    > Now you can open your mbox in a text editor and see what happened to
    > the line above.

    I didn't see any escaping at all in nano, but everything certainly
    wasn't ruined.
    --
    Yay!

  2. Re: Odd Header

    Matt Nordhoff wrote in
    :

    > On 01/17/06 00:05, Q wrote:
    >> No, clients have to escape that in the body before storing it in
    >> the mbox file. Often it's done by changing it to ">From ", but I
    >> don't know how Mozilla's mboxes handle it.
    >>
    >> From blah blah.
    >>
    >> Now you can open your mbox in a text editor and see what happened
    >> to the line above.

    > I didn't see any escaping at all in nano, but everything certainly
    > wasn't ruined.

    I really shouldn't have said "have to escape". I can't find any
    info about exactly what mbox format Mozillan apps use. The
    Wikipedia says, "The Mozilla family of MUAs (Mozilla, Netscape,
    Thunderbird, et al.) - use an /mboxrd/ variation with more complex
    /From line/ quoting rules". But the Wikipedia isn't always right.

  3. Re: Odd Header

    On 01/17/06 02:58, »Q« wrote:
    > I really shouldn't have said "have to escape". I can't find any
    > info about exactly what mbox format Mozillan apps use. The
    > Wikipedia says, "The Mozilla family of MUAs (Mozilla, Netscape,
    > Thunderbird, et al.) - use an /mboxrd/ variation with more complex
    > /From line/ quoting rules". But the Wikipedia isn't always right.

    Interesting.

    I tested it in mozilla.test (on the off-chance it would do harm, I
    didn't want to mess up an important, busy newsgroup for people), and if
    I put "From - Tue Jan 17 03:10:55 2006" on a line by itself, a space was
    put at the beginning of the line.
    --
    Yay!

+ Reply to Thread