Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge - Mozilla ; WinXP SP2 TB1.5 I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail Merge. I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this. Suggestions Texas Handly...

  1. Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    WinXP SP2 TB1.5

    I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
    Merge.

    I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.

    Suggestions

    Texas Handly

  2. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    On 1/10/2006 7:51 AM On a whim, Texas Handly pounded out on the keyboard

    > WinXP SP2 TB1.5
    >
    > I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
    > Merge.
    >
    > I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
    >
    > Suggestions
    >
    > Texas Handly

    You could export the AB to a txt or csv file and then use the exported
    file directly from Word, or import it into a Windows AB if you choose.

    --
    Terry

    ***Reply Note***

  3. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    Texas Handly wrote:
    > WinXP SP2 TB1.5
    >
    > I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word Mail
    > Merge.
    >
    > I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
    >
    > Suggestions
    >
    > Texas Handly

    I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    Michael

  4. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
    > Texas Handly wrote:
    >
    >> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
    >>
    >> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
    >> Mail Merge.
    >>
    >> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
    >>
    >> Suggestions
    >>
    >> Texas Handly

    > I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    > copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    > Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    > also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    > than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    Hi Michael,

    thanks for the interesting information.

    I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
    and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
    hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.

    Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
    involved?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  5. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    Herb wrote:
    > On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Texas Handly wrote:
    >>
    >>> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
    >>>
    >>> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
    >>> Mail Merge.
    >>>
    >>> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions
    >>>
    >>> Texas Handly

    >> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    >> copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    >> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    >> also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    >> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > thanks for the interesting information.
    >
    > I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
    > and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
    > hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
    >
    > Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
    > involved?

    Herb,

    My error(s). 1) It was the old Open Office I was thinking off. 2) It
    wasn't mail merge but the ability to use Mozilla (not TB) address books
    as a database (.dbf format only.)

    My apologies.

    Michael

  6. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    Herb wrote:
    > On 10.01.2006 17:42 UK Time, Michael wrote:
    >
    >> Texas Handly wrote:
    >>
    >>> WinXP SP2 TB1.5
    >>>
    >>> I would like to use my TB Address books as a source for my MS Word
    >>> Mail Merge.
    >>>
    >>> I have not found any references that would tell me how to do this.
    >>>
    >>> Suggestions
    >>>
    >>> Texas Handly

    >> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    >> copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    >> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    >> also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    >> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > thanks for the interesting information.
    >
    > I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
    > and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but I
    > hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
    >
    > Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
    > involved?

    Sorry again! In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
    Mozilla addresss books as a data source. In the new version of Open
    Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
    LDAP, etc. as a data source.

    I am not sure if this helps you or not. I apologize for responding to
    your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.

    Michael

  7. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    Michael wrote:
    > Herb wrote:

    >>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    >>> copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    >>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    >>> also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    >>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    >> Hi Michael,
    >>
    >> thanks for the interesting information.
    >>
    >> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
    >> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but
    >> I hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
    >>
    >> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
    >> involved?
    >>

    > Sorry again! In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
    > Mozilla addresss books as a data source. In the new version of Open
    > Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
    > LDAP, etc. as a data source.
    >
    > I am not sure if this helps you or not. I apologize for responding to
    > your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.
    >
    > Michael

    Michael

    Thanks! My daughter is using Open Office, so I will check this out.

    Texas Handly

  8. Re: Address Information As Source for WORD Mail Merge

    On 12.01.2006 22:26 UK Time, Michael wrote:
    > Herb wrote:

    >>> I know you asked about MS Word, but you can always download a
    >>> copy of Open Office and use it. Open Office is able to use
    >>> Thunderbird address books as a data source. It is free and it
    >>> also easy to setup. It /may/ be quicker to download OpenOffice
    >>> than to export/convert the address book into a text file.

    >> Hi Michael,
    >>
    >> thanks for the interesting information.
    >>
    >> I am in a gradual transition process between MS Office and OpenOffice
    >> and have been using OpenOffice for some time for various purposes, but
    >> I hadn't come across the ability to use TB address books.
    >>
    >> Would you mind elaborating a little about the specific steps that are
    >> involved?
    >>

    > Sorry again! In both the older version of OpenOffice, you can use
    > Mozilla addresss books as a data source. In the new version of Open
    > Office, you can use both Mozilla and TB address books, .WAB, MS Outlook,
    > LDAP, etc. as a data source.
    >
    > I am not sure if this helps you or not. I apologize for responding to
    > your post when I was not 100% sure of my information.

    Hi Michael,

    no need to apologise - thanks for the pointers, I'll check it out.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread