Re: Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Help me plz - Mozilla ; [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general] If folks want to continue discussing html in messages, or manners, or lack of manners , please migrate the talk to mozilla.general. Thanks....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 255

  1. Re: Help me plz

    [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

    If folks want to continue discussing html in messages, or manners, or
    lack of manners , please migrate the talk to mozilla.general.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Help me plz

    Q wrote:
    > [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

    Ignored, out of spite.

    > If folks want to continue discussing html in messages, or manners, or
    > lack of manners , please migrate the talk to mozilla.general.

    Does your newsreader lack an Ignore Thread feature?

    Might I suggest Mozilla Thunderbird?

  3. Re: Help me plz

    In ,
    Tarkus wrote:

    > Newsgroups: mozilla.general

    Thanks.

    > Q wrote:
    > > [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

    > Ignored, out of spite.

    Newsgroup etiquette calls for OT discussions to be moved out of the
    support groups, and this is the one group where they can be moved.
    (E-mail would also do, but a lot of the people in the support groups
    read here too.) Better to post the spite here than there, whether it's
    spite for me or of the groups themselves.

    > > If folks want to continue discussing html in messages, or manners,
    > > or lack of manners , please migrate the talk to
    > > mozilla.general.

    > Does your newsreader lack an Ignore Thread feature?

    Nope.

    > Might I suggest Mozilla Thunderbird?

    No, thanks.

    Kleeneness is next to Gdelness.

  4. Re: Help me plz

    Q wrote:
    > In ,
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >
    >> Newsgroups: mozilla.general

    > Thanks.
    >
    >> Q wrote:
    >>> [crossposted, followup set to mozilla.general]

    >> Ignored, out of spite.

    > Newsgroup etiquette calls for OT discussions to be moved out of the
    > support groups, and this is the one group where they can be moved.

    If you're interested in continuing a discussion, following up to a group
    you have no idea whether your discussion partner(s) are subscribed,
    makes no sense; it may or may not effectively kill the discussion.

    OTOH, if a thread doesn't interest you, whether off-topic or for another
    reason, ignoring it makes a lot of sense.

    I "kill" threads on a daily basis, for various reasons. I see no reason
    to try and be a Usenet policeman. Perhaps I lack your ego.

  5. Re: Help me plz

    In ,
    Tarkus wrote:

    > Q wrote:
    > > In ,
    > > Tarkus wrote:
    > >
    > >> Newsgroups: mozilla.general

    > > Thanks.

    > >> Ignored, out of spite.

    > Newsgroups: mozilla.general,mozilla.support.firefox

    Since, out of spite, you've now taken it back into the support group a
    couple of posts after it had been moved to m.general, I won't pretend we
    might have a reasonable discussion about it.

    Kleeneness is next to Gdelness.

  6. Re: Help me plz

    Q wrote:
    > In ,
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >
    >> Q wrote:

    >>> Thanks.

    >> Newsgroups: mozilla.general,mozilla.support.firefox

    > Since, out of spite, you've now taken it back into the support group a
    > couple of posts after it had been moved to m.general, I won't pretend we
    > might have a reasonable discussion about it.

    Tarkus, you don't seem to realize that each of these newsgroups is
    reflected in an email mail list as well. In those, 'ignore thread'
    doesn't work.

    While your suggestion may be fine for the way you (and others) work, it
    is simply not suitable for these newsgroups (and accompanying email lists)

    These newsgroups are monitored, and there can be repurcussions if
    'suggestions' are not followed. This is NOT usenet my friend.

    Please refer to

    And make note of the paragraph under Stay on topic (reprinted here for
    your edification)

    Most of these groups are high-traffic and read by busy people, so please
    pay attention to the topic of your messages, and check that it still
    relates to the charter of the forum to which you are posting. Off-topic
    discussion not taken to private email, mozilla.general, or any place
    where it is not considered off-topic, by someone who knows they should
    be taking it elsewhere, is eligible for removal from the news server.

    Unquote

    So be forewarned. Now that you have been told it is off-topic for a
    newsgroup (and asked to move it to mozilla general) you are now in the
    'someone who knows they should be taking it elsewhere' group

    You may wish to read the other paragraphs in the forum etiquette as
    well, to familurize yourself with the differences between these
    newsgroups and others you may have been used to.

  7. Re: Help me plz

    Tarkus wrote:
    > Q wrote:
    >> In ,
    >> Tarkus wrote:
    >>
    >>> Newsgroups: mozilla.general

    >> Thanks.

    >>> Ignored, out of spite.

    >> Newsgroup etiquette calls for OT discussions to be moved out of the
    >> support groups, and this is the one group where they can be moved.

    > If you're interested in continuing a discussion, following up to a group
    > you have no idea whether your discussion partner(s) are subscribed,
    > makes no sense; it may or may not effectively kill the discussion.
    >
    > OTOH, if a thread doesn't interest you, whether off-topic or for another
    > reason, ignoring it makes a lot of sense.
    >
    > I "kill" threads on a daily basis, for various reasons. I see no reason
    > to try and be a Usenet policeman. Perhaps I lack your ego.

    Tarkus, please see the post in mozilla general under this thread if you
    would. Thankyou.

  8. Re: Help me plz

    Tarkus wrote:
    > I see no reason
    > to try and be a Usenet policeman. Perhaps I lack your ego.

    just to clue you in, he is. Chris I, the one known as Q,
    the one who goes by Nir, are the ones that form the Mozilla
    Bully Gang, with Chris being the Head Bully. They have the
    power, with the blessing from Mozilla, to delete posts, at
    will, and to ban people from groups, without just cause, and
    to tell posters to move the posts elsewhere.

    Then you might have Chris I come in here and tell you this
    server isn't Usenet.

    These 3 idiots are giving Mozilla a black eye.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Help me plz