Re: Help me plz - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Help me plz - Mozilla ; The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia pounded out on the keyboard: > On 27.05.2008 11:47, Terry R. wrote: > > --- Original Message --- > >> The date and time was 5/27/2008 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 241 to 255 of 255

  1. Re: Help me plz

    The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 27.05.2008 11:47, Terry R. wrote:

    You know as well as I that nothing is impossible. If it can be done in
    MTMM, it can be done elsewhere.

    --
    Terry R.

  2. Re: Help me plz

    The date and time was 5/27/2008 9:06 PM, and on a whim, Chris Ilias
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 5/27/08 2:22 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Also, I didn't say I was banned nor that my request was deigned. I just
    >> said it appeared so from messages I received.

    > Phillip, that's purely a semantic issue. Either way, you gave the false
    > impression.
    >
    > I've already told you where you can post, and made you a moderated
    > member; so why don't you answer my question? The subject header of the
    > messages you tried to post was "This is to show problem I am having with
    > seeing Underlined items in Plain Text:TEST"
    > Why did you put "TEST" in the subject? What were you testing?

    Because he wanted us to see it and as far as he was concerned (with his
    posting), it WAS a test.

    Lighten up Chris. Are these "mice nuts" really that important?

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Help me plz

    Terry R. wrote:
    > Absolutely remove someone from the "auto-approve" list because they made
    > an OT comment. Chris, get a life...

    it took 6 months, and we're back to this again, and its the
    same trouble maker causing problems. He's giving Mozilla a
    black eye, and Gerv couldn't care less!!!!

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Help me plz

    The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:06 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 27.05.2008 10:28, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    Even though images had been used in MTMM..."for testing".

    --
    Terry R.

  5. Re: Help me plz

    Ron wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/27/08 2:33 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>
    >>> I *am* trying to play by the rules. Up until these images, have you
    >>> seen any post of mine that were off base or blatantly out of line.

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> That's why you were taken of the auto-approve list. You clearly do not
    >> know what is and what is not off-topic for MTMM.

    > Geez Chris, Do you fellows have any idea what Multi Media is and how to
    > run a support group?
    > Jays message below should show any reasonable person a little
    > something,but I have have my doubts if it soaks in for you folks.
    > From what I have seen on this server, is that the main folks that help
    > are the same ones you Honchos keep trying to cut down.
    > They have problems of their own they discover and then try to work them
    > out and all you do is belly ache and bitch if they try to post an image
    > to help solve the problem. From my view point you are about as useless
    > as teats on a boar hog.
    > Also I would guess these same folks you all keep trying to cut down are
    > all about as old as you folks Dads. They all have been around a lot
    > longer than you three and have seen and done it all back when you are
    > were still in diapers are at least in knee pants.
    > When they try to tell you something--listen--U just might learn something.
    >
    > The rules are that you cannot post an image related to a support issue
    > ANYWHERE on this server, you have to provide a link to somewhere else.
    >
    > -- Jay Garcia Netscape Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    >
    > Ron

    I've been saying this for months -- he's a Bully!!!! No two
    ways about it.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 5/28/08 12:16 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 5/27/08 2:22 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >>>
    >>> Phillip, that's purely a semantic issue. Either way, you gave the
    >>> false impression.
    >>>
    >>> I've already told you where you can post, and made you a moderated
    >>> member; so why don't you answer my question? The subject header of
    >>> the messages you tried to post was "This is to show problem I am
    >>> having with seeing Underlined items in Plain Text:TEST"
    >>> Why did you put "TEST" in the subject? What were you testing?

    >> Obviously he didn't know if it would post or not. I.E.: TEST

    > Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many times
    > in that group before?
    > Heck he even replied to this:
    > .
    > (notice the content)

    You really don't get out much do you? Phillip ask a couple of
    questions in this group questioning whether he would be able to post
    in the multimedia group. He even mentioned (potentially) asking you.
    So TEST in the subject line makes entirely good sense. His subject
    line didn't try to hide anything.

    Just because no one here likes you doesn't mean they are trying to
    make your life miserable. You seem to be doing a fine job of it all on
    your own.

    I would really like to see you grow up or go away. Actually, both
    would be great!

    Dennis

  7. Re: Help me plz

    On 5/28/08 12:40 AM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
    > The date and time was 5/27/2008 8:50 PM, and on a whim, Chris Ilias
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 5/27/08 11:17 PM, _Jay Garcia_ spoke thusly:
    >>> On 27.05.2008 12:55, Chris Ilias wrote:

    Say what you will; but I have never resorted to personal insults, like
    telling someone that they are pathetic, or telling someone to 'get a
    life' or name calling, or insisting that a person is going to hell.
    I take a lot of insults from you, Gus, Reg, and Grant; and I brush them
    off (Yet I'm accused of denying people of free speech).

    Regardless of the uncivil packaging of the complaint, I still make an
    effort to address the actual content of the complaint, and not the
    personal insults.

    --
    Chris Ilias

  8. Re: Help me plz

    On 5/28/08 1:06 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many
    >> times in that group before?
    >> Heck he even replied to this:
    >> .
    >> (notice the content)

    > You really don't get out much do you? Phillip ask a couple of questions
    > in this group questioning whether he would be able to post in the
    > multimedia group. He even mentioned (potentially) asking you.

    "I tried twice last night to send two attachments. in this forum to show
    peter what I saw with his test and what I saw when I was replying to his
    message.

    I tried twice and both times they were killed

    I'll ask ChrisI

    If I post those in Test multimedia then have some one go look would that
    be okay. Or can I post them here."

    He was talking about failed posts *here*, not MTMM. The only mention of
    MTMM is that if he were to post the images there, that someone should
    take a look.

    Are you referring to a different post?

    If you read the message I linked to in my previous post, it clearly says
    not to use MTMM for support screenshots, and he replied to that message;
    so I /know/ he knows that rule. It has certainly been discussed in here
    and MTMM ad infinitum.

    And please read my reply to Terry regarding personal insults.
    --
    Chris Ilias

  9. Re: Help me plz

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > On 5/28/08 1:06 AM, _Dennis_ spoke thusly:
    >
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why would he try test the ability to post, when he has posted many
    >>> times in that group before?
    >>> Heck he even replied to this:
    >>> .
    >>> (notice the content)

    >> You really don't get out much do you? Phillip ask a couple of
    >> questions in this group questioning whether he would be able to post
    >> in the multimedia group. He even mentioned (potentially) asking you.

    > "I tried twice last night to send two attachments. in this forum to show
    > peter what I saw with his test and what I saw when I was replying to his
    > message.
    >
    > I tried twice and both times they were killed
    >
    > I'll ask ChrisI
    >
    > If I post those in Test multimedia then have some one go look would that
    > be okay. Or can I post them here."
    >
    > He was talking about failed posts *here*, not MTMM. The only mention
    > of MTMM is that if he were to post the images there, that someone
    > should take a look.
    >
    > Are you referring to a different post?
    >
    > If you read the message I linked to in my previous post, it clearly
    > says not to use MTMM for support screenshots, and he replied to that
    > message; so I /know/ he knows that rule. It has certainly been
    > discussed in here and MTMM ad infinitum.
    >
    > And please read my reply to Terry regarding personal insults.

    Chris,would you mind letting us folks know just what is the problem with
    him posting the "Said" image--64k in MTMM ?
    I know it's not MM,but it sure shouldn't overload the server. It dang
    sure is related to Moz support ,which most of this group is suppose to
    be for.
    If it is not a personal issue,then please elaborate.
    Thnx
    Ron

  10. Re: Help me plz

    *-* On Tue, 27 May 2008, at 09:56:08 -0500,
    *-* In Article mJidnWJvHPCavKHVnZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* jetjock wrote
    *-* About Re: Help me plz

    [ ... ]

    > Has anyone ever said why Mozilla displays "bold" font with an
    > asterisk in front and behind and "italic" font with a slash in front
    > and behind?

    AFAIK, that's the default behavior for all three effects (or at
    least it is in my TB).

    > I do see type in both bold and italics, but both have
    > the above additions to them. Underline works fine.

    Does Mozilla use userChrome.css and userContent.css files the way
    TB and FF do? If so, then to remove those effect delimiters from your
    view add the following code to the userContent.css file:

    /* Remove the *,/,_ characters for bold, italic, and underline from
    text messages/posts */

    ..moz-txt-star > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    ..moz-txt-slash > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
    ..moz-txt-underscore > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }

    I have to give credit to G. R. Woodring for that code:

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...eed5357ac52e67

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  11. Re: Help me plz

    *-* On Tue, 27 May 2008, at 15:30:58 -0400,
    *-* In Article -OCdncTXXq7v_KHVnZ2dnUVZ_qzinZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote
    *-* About Re: Help me plz

    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Dennis wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    [ ... ]

    >>> I see bold, italic, and underline very similar to you, depending
    >>> on font. But if I had to use imageshack to post an image I surely
    >>> wouldn't be posting many images. My first visit there I got a
    >>> pop-up that bypassed adblock and adblock plus. I won't be spending
    >>> much time there. That site sucks almost as much as some moderators
    >>> I have seen.

    >> This was suggest by Purple as place to setup. was a Pain to figure
    >> out how to upload the images. I also sent one later with the link
    >> to what I actually saw in original message. The one ending in 3
    >> hows What I saw when I started to reply to his message.

    > message is supposed to be:

    > This was suggest by Purple as place to setup. was a Pain to figure
    > out how to upload the images. I also sent one later with the link to
    > what I actually saw in original message. The one ending in 3 *shows*
    > What I saw when I started to reply to his message.

    Rather than struggling with Imageshack or some other similar
    public site, why not add another page to your web site
    ? Then the next time a
    situation like this arises you can post your image(s) to that page.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  12. Re: Help me plz

    *-* On Tue, 27 May 2008, at 18:51:07 -0400,
    *-* In Article 9eKdnb3uPebODaHVnZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* JoeS wrote
    *-* About Re: Help me plz

    > Q wrote:
    >> JoeS wrote:

    >>> Ah..but it is an html docfrom view source in firefox.

    >> I meant the URL doesn't reference an html document. Either Firefox
    >> or Thunderbird converts it to html before it's displayed in the
    >> browser; once it's being displayed in the browser, I'd expect 'view
    >> source' to show html.

    >> What shows in the location bar while that's in view? The original
    >> news:// URL?

    > file:///C:/DOCUME~1/JOESAB~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/9KGdnZIWboyvHaTVnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@mozilla.org.htm

    file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/9KGdnZIWboyvHaTVnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@mozilla.org-1.htm

    here (Windows ME).

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  13. Re: Help me plz

    *-* On Tue, 27 May 2008, at 22:06:50 -0400,
    *-* In Article _OidnQZT646nI6HVnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Dennis wrote
    *-* About Re: Help me plz

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Terry R. wrote:

    [ ... ]

    >>> Do you have Quote Colors? Do you have "Enable font effects..."
    >>> checked on the "Advanced & Message Options" tab?

    >> a Double Yes. And as a test, I turned off QuoteColors and I get
    >> the same thing.

    >> *However* here's something interesting. In QC, if I have enable
    >> font effects checked, and "don't display font effect delimiters"
    >> checked as well, then this is what I see:
    >> http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=undies2gc4.png

    > OK, now that is how I would like to see it and I am fairly sure that
    > there was a setting in prefs.js or somewhere

    It's in userContent.css. See my reply to jetjock's post for the
    code to use.

    > to display that way a
    > *couple years* ago. I do NOT want to install some extension just for
    > that. I really don't like extensions, just something else to go
    > wrong.

    That's pretty much the way I feel.

    > I have adblock and adblock plus installed, that is plenty for
    > me.

    I have two in TB (MessageFaces and DOM Inspector) and three in FF
    (VideoDownloader, Remove It Permanently, and Fast Video Download). I
    really should remove VideoDownloader, as it no longer works.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  14. Re: Help me plz

    "Terry R." wrote in message news:tKmdndRKJc1sRaTVnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > The date and time was 5/24/2008 8:46 PM, and on a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:21:36 -0700
    >> "Terry R." wrote:
    >>
    >>> The date and time was 5/24/2008 7:24 PM, and on a whim, Q pounded
    >>> out on the keyboard:

    >>> Funny you said that. I was just thinking the other day how I rarely
    >>> see drivers that are certified. They surely weren't "forced". I see
    >>> that "Continue" or "Stop" dialog a lot. I think the manufacturers
    >>> realized they can make good drivers and don't need to pay MS for
    >>> their "certified driver" status.

    >> For several years, they were mostly putting their drivers through the
    >> WHQL process, and I think it helped. "Forced" only in the sense that
    >> they'd have trouble selling their hardware if it weren't certified for
    >> Windows. (But once you get MS to certify a single driver, you can
    >> release updates without bothering to recertify but still keep the
    >> sticker.)
    >>

    > When XP first came out I would agree that the certified drivers were a big deal. But like I said, I hardly ever see them anymore.
    > Just like everything else, users have gotten accustomed to seeing the box and just click "Continue".

    Here's an update, I guess since most drivers would have been upgraded
    to Vista by now if they were going to be, it mostly applies to new equipment..
    In any case the requirements have been upgraded but apparently not retroactive (for now).

    Microsoft makes Windows 7 driver testing mandatory as of June 1
    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...LT_APP&nlid=48

    Microsoft: Windows 7 will run on Vista hardware | Computerworld Blogs
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/micro...vista_hardware

    --
    HTH,

  15. Re: Help me plz

    The date and time was 6/3/2008 2:33 PM, and on a whim, David McRitchie
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    >> When XP first came out I would agree that the certified drivers were a big deal. But like I said, I hardly ever see them anymore.
    >> Just like everything else, users have gotten accustomed to seeing the box and just click "Continue".

    > Here's an update, I guess since most drivers would have been upgraded
    > to Vista by now if they were going to be, it mostly applies to new equipment..
    > In any case the requirements have been upgraded but apparently not retroactive (for now).
    >
    > Microsoft makes Windows 7 driver testing mandatory as of June 1
    > http://www.computerworld.com/action/...LT_APP&nlid=48
    >
    > Microsoft: Windows 7 will run on Vista hardware | Computerworld Blogs
    > http://blogs.computerworld.com/micro...vista_hardware

    Thanks for the links. MS is guaranteeing that any Vista certified
    hardware will work on Win7. That doesn't seem too much of a stretch.
    And they've learned after the XP to Vista fiasco, that users aren't
    going to put up with it. They'd rather stick with what they've got.

    --
    Terry R.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13