addendum to an old thread - Moose - Mozilla

This is a discussion on addendum to an old thread - Moose - Mozilla ; anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload.... maybe one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some other species? reg ...

  1. addendum to an old thread - Moose

    anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload.... maybe
    one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some other species?

    reg

    http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

  2. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    On 2008/05/09 10:44 AM, squaredancer wrote:
    > anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    > ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload.... maybe
    > one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some other species?
    >
    > reg
    >
    > http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

    Perhaps this if the picture is from North America.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule_deer

    --
    Larry I. Gusaas
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

    Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

  3. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    squaredancer wrote:

    > anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    > ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload.... maybe
    > one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some other species?
    >
    > reg
    >
    > http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

    reg,

    Looks like a Mule Deer to me.

    http://parks.state.co.us/photo_galle...at%20Ramp1.jpg

    --

  4. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    On 09.05.2008 18:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused squaredancer
    to generate the following:? :
    > anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    > ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload.... maybe
    > one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some other species?
    >
    > reg
    >
    > http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

    Thanks, you guys!
    yep, that seems to be the animal.
    Took the pic next to the Royal Gorge Bridge (on the Akansas River, near
    Canon City, CO). in 1993, so that particular animal is probably long
    gone meat pie. It was quite tame - certainly not as scared as wild
    animals normally are. Probably used to tourists feeding it!
    And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg

    reg

  5. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    squaredancer wrote:
    [...]
    > And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    > Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    > http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg
    >
    > reg

    ladyfriend looks like she is enjoying herself. You on the other hand
    look like you may have just soiled yourself!! ;-)

  6. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    Dennis wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    > [...]
    >> And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    >> Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    >> http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg
    >>
    >> reg

    > ladyfriend looks like she is enjoying herself. You on the other hand
    > look like you may have just soiled yourself!! ;-)

    LMAO!

  7. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    On 10.05.2008 15:32, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Dennis to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    > [...]
    >
    >> And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    >> Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    >> http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > ladyfriend looks like she is enjoying herself. You on the other hand
    > look like you may have just soiled yourself!! ;-)

    yeah, well..... just at that moment, just as the pic was taken....... :-(

    actually, we had trouble with the two guys up front! They sat on a
    cross-tube and we (behind them) were sat on the side tubes, with our
    feet "clamped" under the cross-tube. Their weight kept us aboard but,
    every time they got "excited" or were told to "paddle hard", they would
    sort of jump up - releasing our foot-hold.
    The ladyfriend has a different pic, taken from the left (= port) side
    riverbank, where I can't be seen, as I had only just managed to prevent
    myself going overboard by dropping to the floor.

    My pic was taken before the lunch break - after lunch, we were all
    wearing wet-suits! As you can imagine from my pic, some of the water was
    pretty rough going! As to the ladyfriend enjoying herself - you may
    notice that she is watching the countryside........ (old railway track),
    but yes, it was good fun.

    reg

  8. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    *-* On Sat, 10 May 2008, at 12:49:43 +0200,
    *-* In Article G-SdnTm82MZf4LjVnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* squaredancer wrote
    *-* About Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    > On 09.05.2008 18:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    > squaredancer to generate the following:? :

    >> anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    >> ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload....
    >> maybe one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some
    >> other species?

    >> http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

    > Thanks, you guys!
    > yep, that seems to be the animal.
    > Took the pic next to the Royal Gorge Bridge (on the Akansas

    Arkansas

    > River,
    > near Canon City, CO). in 1993, so that particular animal is probably
    > long gone meat pie. It was quite tame - certainly not as scared as
    > wild animals normally are. Probably used to tourists feeding it!
    > And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    > Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    > http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg

    Considering that both you and your lady friend were in the raft,
    who took the picture?

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  9. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    On 11.05.2008 01:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ken Whiton to
    generate the following:? :
    > *-* On Sat, 10 May 2008, at 12:49:43 +0200,
    > *-* In Article G-SdnTm82MZf4LjVnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* squaredancer wrote
    > *-* About Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose
    >

    >> On 09.05.2008 18:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    >> squaredancer to generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>> anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    >>> ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload....
    >>> maybe one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some
    >>> other species?
    >>>

    >>> http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg
    >>>

    >> Thanks, you guys!
    >> yep, that seems to be the animal.
    >> Took the pic next to the Royal Gorge Bridge (on the Akansas
    >>

    > Arkansas

    that's *exactly* what I typed - Bill Gates has got it in for me!

    >> River,
    >> near Canon City, CO). in 1993, so that particular animal is probably
    >> long gone meat pie. It was quite tame - certainly not as scared as
    >> wild animals normally are. Probably used to tourists feeding it!
    >> And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    >> Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    >> http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg
    >>

    > Considering that both you and your lady friend were in the raft,
    > who took the picture?

    Profi - cost $16 and change at the Rafting post! They were real fast as
    well - 1993 there were no digital stations yet, so the film must have
    been dark-room developed and printed, in the time between "before lunch"
    and 4:00pm, when we got in!

    reg

  10. Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose

    Ken Whiton wrote:
    > *-* On Sat, 10 May 2008, at 12:49:43 +0200,
    > *-* In Article G-SdnTm82MZf4LjVnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* squaredancer wrote
    > *-* About Re: addendum to an old thread - Moose
    >
    >> On 09.05.2008 18:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    >> squaredancer to generate the following:? :

    >>> anyone remember where I asked about a "deer-like-animal" with big
    >>> ears.... well, I just found the photo I was going to upload....
    >>> maybe one of you can "name the beast" - is it a moose, or some
    >>> other species?

    >>> http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/73/deer2wp7.jpg

    >> Thanks, you guys!
    >> yep, that seems to be the animal.
    >> Took the pic next to the Royal Gorge Bridge (on the Akansas

    > Arkansas
    >
    >> River,
    >> near Canon City, CO). in 1993, so that particular animal is probably
    >> long gone meat pie. It was quite tame - certainly not as scared as
    >> wild animals normally are. Probably used to tourists feeding it!
    >> And, before you ask: "Yes, we did white-water the Gorge", from above
    >> Texas Creek down into Canon City! Quite an experience.
    >> http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3274/raftingft9.jpg

    > Considering that both you and your lady friend were in the raft,
    > who took the picture?
    >
    > Ken Whiton
    >
    > FIDO: 1:132/152
    > InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

    A bear ;-)

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11