Where is my question? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Where is my question? - Mozilla ; Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: > Chris Ilias wrote: >> On 4/30/08 4:43 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly: >>> Chris Ilias wrote: >>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly: >>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) ...

  1. Re: Where is my question?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:

    >>> Just asking a question now.
    >>> in the above you appear to be answering a post from Moz Champ. then
    >>> have the Phrase:
    >>>
    >>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>
    >>> Is this implying now that Moz Champ is banned. Or is it simply part of
    >>> your answer about Peter?
    >>>
    >>> Just need clarification. It appears your banning Moz from MTTM because
    >>> he asked a question or made a comment.

    >> Only Peter is banned.
    >>

    > Thanks!

    yeah, just me. I'm the only one. There's nobody else. I'm
    the only one that he has a gudge against, thats why he
    banned me. He couldn't hack me questioning him, so he
    banned me.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
    >>> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how ignorant you
    >>> are, that you can't follow simple little instructions. Please follow
    >>> the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:

    >> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?
    >>

    > no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of The
    > Mozilla Bully Gang.

    Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who defines
    words to suit his purposes?

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Where is my question?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
    >>> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?
    >>>

    >> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of The
    >> Mozilla Bully Gang.

    > Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who defines
    > words to suit his purposes?

    Isn't this someone who doesn't understand the meaning of "you"?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: Where is my question?

    *-* On Sun, 04 May 2008, at 12:55:14 -0700,
    *-* In Article bZKdnW172Oo6iYPVnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Irwin Greenwald wrote
    *-* About Re: Where is my question?

    > On 5/4/2008 12:20 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>> On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said

    >>> Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?

    >> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of
    >> The Mozilla Bully Gang.

    > Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who
    > defines words to suit his purposes?

    It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
    feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  5. Re: Where is my question?

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    "... rodent's hindquarters."

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  6. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/4/2008 8:28 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:
    > *-* On Sun, 04 May 2008, at 12:55:14 -0700,
    > *-* In Article bZKdnW172Oo6iYPVnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* Irwin Greenwald wrote
    > *-* About Re: Where is my question?

    >>> no, not anyone, just three individuals. Just those who are part of
    >>> The Mozilla Bully Gang.

    >> Bangs head against wall! How to communicate with someone who
    >> defines words to suit his purposes?

    > It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
    > feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.
    >
    > Ken Whiton
    >
    > FIDO: 1:132/152
    > InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

    Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
    outrageous, I can't hold back.

    --
    Irwin

  7. Re: Where is my question?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 5/4/2008 8:28 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:

    >> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
    >> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.

    > Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
    > outrageous, I can't hold back.

    "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."

    Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
    laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
    there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
    something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
    matter how much we try to fight it.

    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

  8. Re: Where is my question?

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/4/2008 8:28 PM, Ken Whiton wrote:

    >>> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
    >>> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.

    >> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
    >> outrageous, I can't hold back.

    > "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."
    >
    > Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
    > laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
    > there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
    > something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
    > matter how much we try to fight it.

    I've missed you.

    Rinaldi
    --
    Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is no
    good.

  9. Re: Where is my question?

    On 05.05.2008 06:00, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Mullen to
    generate the following:? :
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    Ed, Ed! that is *definitely* OT

    reg

  10. Re: Where is my question?

    On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:

    >>> It's better to observe that time-honored Usenet admonition "Don't
    >>> feed the trolls", and not try to communicate with such posters.

    >> Usually I ignore him, but every once in a while he says something so
    >> outrageous, I can't hold back.

    > "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."
    >
    > Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
    > laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
    > there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
    > something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
    > matter how much we try to fight it.

    Actually, if you don't move the laser beam, the cat will start to climb
    up the beam but then when it's half-way up, turn off the laser. The cat
    will plummet to the floor and will never fool with that red spot any longer.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  11. Re: Where is my question?

    Jay Garcia wrote:

    >On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:

    Are you saying a cat is smarter than a Purple Hippo? ;-)

    --

  12. Re: Where is my question?

    jetjock wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:

    watch it jj, you're treading in deep water here. Just how
    smart are Hippos? They're a lot smarter than you give them
    credit: http://www.filecabi.net/video/mouthtohippo.html

    they even teach kids safety:
    http://www.spike.com/video/be-media-...es=VID_2758436
    http://www.herbiethehippo.com/

    and one company even takes a lesson from them:
    http://www.bbhscanners.com/news/news...003-07-21.html

    and finally, they make great pets:
    http://www.hahaclips.net/videos.aspx...Animal_videos/

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  13. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/4/08 11:28 PM, _Ken Whiton_ spoke thusly:

    For cases on news.mozilla.org, you can report trolls to abuse@mozilla.org.

    --
    Chris Ilias

  14. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > jetjock wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:

    The purple ones even more so! because the come from Royalty (Purple
    robes Royalty get it?) :-)

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  15. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/4/2008 The Real Bev said
    > Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a laser pointer for half an hour?

    No.

    --
    Irwin

  16. Re: Where is my question?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 5/4/2008 The Real Bev said
    >> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a laser pointer for half an hour?

    > No.

    The first time it happens you can get perhaps an hour of fun out of it
    if it's a young cat. It's probably a good thing to do for a housecat,
    though -- they really don't get to exercise their hunting skills very much.

    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.

  17. Re: Where is my question?

    ------------------------
    >> I've missed you.

    > Likewise. What's new?
    >
    > I'm sure I missed whatever explanation/workaround was given for
    > secnews.netscape.com. Is there one?

    Lost certificate seems to be the official story. Ergo, RIP at least for
    now. Jay seems to hold some hope that it will be resurrected.

    Rinaldi
    --
    "Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
    -- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

  18. Re: Where is my question?

    On 05.05.2008 20:43, The Real Bev wrote:

    > I'm sure I missed whatever explanation/workaround was given for
    > secnews.netscape.com. Is there one?

    Secnews is still alive but only on port 119 until a new cert is
    procured. When exactly that will happen would be a good guess.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  19. Re: Where is my question?

    On 06.05.2008 03:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused The Real Bev
    to generate the following:? :
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >

    >> On 05.05.2008 00:11, The Real Bev wrote:
    >>

    > >> "The bait is so succulent it's impossible to resist..."

    >>> Have you ever watched a cat who's been attacking the red spot from a
    >>> laser pointer for half an hour? The cat is tired and clearly knows that
    >>> there's nothing there, but STILL has to jump at it anyway. There's
    >>> something just like that automatic reaction buried deep in our brains no
    >>> matter how much we try to fight it.
    >>>

    >> Actually, if you don't move the laser beam, the cat will start to climb
    >> up the beam but then when it's half-way up, turn off the laser. The cat
    >> will plummet to the floor and will never fool with that red spot any longer.
    >>

    > Wow. Gotta try that :-)
    >
    > I'm annoyed. The most recent update of TB puts whiteout all over the
    > material I wish to delete instead of a red-orange wash enabling one to
    > see the text one intends to delete. Bad decision on someone's part.

    Bev, get with it!
    1) Updates are GREAT
    2) The devs KNOW what's best for you

    reg

  20. Re: Where is my question?

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

    >>> I've missed you.

    >> Likewise. What's new?
    >>
    >> I'm sure I missed whatever explanation/workaround was given for
    >> secnews.netscape.com. Is there one?

    > Lost certificate seems to be the official story. Ergo, RIP at least for
    > now. Jay seems to hold some hope that it will be resurrected.

    And I thought that *I* had problems with keeping track of things.

    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.