Where is my question? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Where is my question? - Mozilla ; On 4/30/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said > no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't > been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any > court ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 125

Thread: Where is my question?

  1. Re: Where is my question?

    On 4/30/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
    > no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    > been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    > court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    > into your own personal grudge.


    It all depends on the meaning of "is"!

    --
    Irwin

    Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

  2. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> FACT:
    >>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>> FACT:
    >>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>> after all they are banned
    >>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
    >>> removed.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>
    >> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just
    >> a means to an end.

    >
    > no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    > been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    > court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    > into your own personal grudge.
    >
    > And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
    >
    > news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >



    Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.

    YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were banned

    If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must expect
    your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.

    The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at a
    specific point in time.

    As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
    PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means (direct
    and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are entitled to
    make their own rules, and deny access to those they have deemed
    unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or any other
    identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable. Ergo, the
    powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).


    Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can be
    edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In short,
    YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should recognize that FACT.

    Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
    doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
    either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.


    Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you, I
    have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who is
    banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now. As I
    stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.


  3. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>>>> after all they are banned
    >>>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have
    >>>>> been removed.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>>
    >>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is
    >>>> just a means to an end.
    >>> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    >>> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    >>> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    >>> into your own personal grudge.
    >>>
    >>> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
    >>>
    >>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.
    >>
    >> YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were banned
    >>
    >> If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must
    >> expect your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et al)
    >> were banned.
    >>
    >> The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at a
    >> specific point in time.
    >>
    >> As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
    >> PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means
    >> (direct and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are
    >> entitled to make their own rules, and deny access to those they have
    >> deemed unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or any
    >> other identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable. Ergo,
    >> the powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).
    >>
    >>
    >> Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can be
    >> edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In short,
    >> YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should recognize that
    >> FACT.
    >>
    >> Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
    >> doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
    >> either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.
    >>
    >>
    >> Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you, I
    >> have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who is
    >> banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now. As I
    >> stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.
    >>

    >
    > sorry, but thats your interpretation of Peter Potamus et al. As far as
    > I am concerned, its You as in the one posting as the Purple Hippo. The
    > one posting as someone else is totally different and has nothing to do
    > with the other. Its only that Mozilla Bully [and now the one who's
    > posting as Moz Champ] who is making that connection and statement. Its
    > that idiot Mozilla Bully who's got the grudge.
    >



    I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
    one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
    'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.

    If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
    Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
    deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.

    You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
    someone's decision to ban you was correct.

  4. Re: Where is my question?

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>>>>> after all they are banned
    >>>>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>>>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have
    >>>>>> been removed.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is
    >>>>> just a means to an end.
    >>>> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    >>>> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    >>>> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    >>>> into your own personal grudge.
    >>>>
    >>>> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
    >>>>
    >>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    >>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.
    >>>
    >>> YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were banned
    >>>
    >>> If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must
    >>> expect your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et al)
    >>> were banned.
    >>>
    >>> The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at a
    >>> specific point in time.
    >>>
    >>> As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
    >>> PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means
    >>> (direct and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are
    >>> entitled to make their own rules, and deny access to those they have
    >>> deemed unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or any
    >>> other identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable. Ergo,
    >>> the powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can be
    >>> edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In short,
    >>> YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should recognize that
    >>> FACT.
    >>>
    >>> Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
    >>> doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
    >>> either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you, I
    >>> have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who is
    >>> banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now. As I
    >>> stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.
    >>>

    >> sorry, but thats your interpretation of Peter Potamus et al. As far as
    >> I am concerned, its You as in the one posting as the Purple Hippo. The
    >> one posting as someone else is totally different and has nothing to do
    >> with the other. Its only that Mozilla Bully [and now the one who's
    >> posting as Moz Champ] who is making that connection and statement. Its
    >> that idiot Mozilla Bully who's got the grudge.
    >>

    >
    >
    > I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
    > one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
    > 'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.
    >
    > If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
    > Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
    > deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.
    >
    > You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
    > someone's decision to ban you was correct.


    follow along Dan. Re-read what you posted then re-read what
    I posted. I did not say you're posting as the Purple Hippo.
    Read what was posted.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to
    >>>>>>>> disappear, after all they are banned
    >>>>>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>>>>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have
    >>>>>>> been removed.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is
    >>>>>> just a means to an end.
    >>>>> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it
    >>>>> hasn't been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold
    >>>>> up in any court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has
    >>>>> turned this into your own personal grudge.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.
    >>>>
    >>>> YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were
    >>>> banned
    >>>>
    >>>> If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must
    >>>> expect your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et
    >>>> al) were banned.
    >>>>
    >>>> The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at
    >>>> a specific point in time.
    >>>>
    >>>> As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
    >>>> PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means
    >>>> (direct and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are
    >>>> entitled to make their own rules, and deny access to those they have
    >>>> deemed unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or
    >>>> any other identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable.
    >>>> Ergo, the powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can
    >>>> be edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In
    >>>> short, YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should
    >>>> recognize that FACT.
    >>>>
    >>>> Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
    >>>> doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
    >>>> either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you,
    >>>> I have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who
    >>>> is banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now.
    >>>> As I stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.
    >>>>
    >>> sorry, but thats your interpretation of Peter Potamus et al. As far
    >>> as I am concerned, its You as in the one posting as the Purple
    >>> Hippo. The one posting as someone else is totally different and has
    >>> nothing to do with the other. Its only that Mozilla Bully [and now
    >>> the one who's posting as Moz Champ] who is making that connection and
    >>> statement. Its that idiot Mozilla Bully who's got the grudge.
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address
    >> (or one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make
    >> posts 'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.
    >>
    >> If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
    >> Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
    >> deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.
    >>
    >> You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
    >> someone's decision to ban you was correct.

    >
    > follow along Dan. Re-read what you posted then re-read what I posted.
    > I did not say you're posting as the Purple Hippo. Read what was posted.
    >


    Okay, I misread that, you were not saying I was posting as someone else.

    No, a 'new' identity does not exonerate you. It is not the character
    Purple Hippo who was banned, simply because that character doesn't
    exist! It was YOU who were banned, regardless of what identity you claim
    to have now.

    For example, did changing her name to 'Tania' exonerate Patricia Hearst
    from crimes committed under that identity? No, it did not.

    Did being Sarah Jane Olsen exonerate Kathleen Soliah from her crimes?
    No, it did not.

    If it is only 'characters' or 'assummed identities' who got banned, then
    it would be a totally useless effort. 'Purple Hippo' gets banned, but
    then appears as 'Poiple Hippo' who gets banned and then appears as
    'Purple People Eater Hippo' - nonsense! If anyone was banned, they
    could simply change one character in their onscreen identity and repost,
    that's what you are implying here.

    On the Internet, in newsgroups, you are whom you purport to be. If you
    say your name is Peter, then people will identify you as such, even if
    in real life your name is Craig, or Charlie. Most people don't have the
    means, or take the time, to delve into the 'names' that others claim to
    be. In other groups, I post as "Dantu" because that is how I am known
    there. If asked I provide my real identity of course. I also use the
    'name' "Daily Posts" in some groups, because I make daily posts with
    that identity. If I did something WRONG as "Dantu" then "Daily Posts"
    is not exempt from whatever outcome/fallout there is.

    For example your 'real' name could be Bill Gates, or Tom Cruise, or
    George Bush, and you don't want that fact known simply because it could
    bias people towards you, so you post as 'Chartreuse Skunk'. If
    'Chartreuse Skunk' gets banned it is not kosher at all to simply change
    to 'Black Skinhead' and then admit you were Chartreuse Skunk!

    You fully admit it was YOU who was posting under the alias 'Purple
    Hippo' or whatever one you were using when it was banned. Ergo it was
    YOU who were banned. Not some 'character' or 'identity' who never really
    existed in the first place.

    Another example, if for instance I 'Moz Champion' was banned from this
    group, for one reason or another, it would NOT be allowed for me to
    re-appear in the group as "Dantu" or "Daily Posts" or "NTMM" or "NS
    Champion" or any of my other 'identities' I post under (all with a
    verifiable email address of course)

    YOU were banned. Whatever your name is. Not some fictional character you
    created and posted as.

  6. Re: Where is my question?

    On 01.05.2008 02:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Irwin
    Greenwald to generate the following:? :
    > On 4/30/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
    >
    >> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    >> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    >> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    >> into your own personal grudge.
    >>

    >
    > It all depends on the meaning of "is"!
    >
    >


    like as in "you is banned" ??

    reg

  7. Re: Where is my question?

    On 01.05.2008 00:01, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>>>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>>>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>>>>> FACT:
    >>>>>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>>>>> after all they are banned
    >>>>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>>>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have
    >>>>>> been removed.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is
    >>>>> just a means to an end.
    >>>> no, I'm sorry, but thats too vague. "You" is too vague and it hasn't
    >>>> been defined on what "you" refers to. And it wouldn't hold up in any
    >>>> court of law either. So you, being the Mozilla Bully, has turned this
    >>>> into your own personal grudge.
    >>>>
    >>>> And before you reply, please read the last paragraph of my posting:
    >>>>
    >>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    >>>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Okay, you don't like putting it in proper terms, too vague for you.
    >>>
    >>> YOU, the one who posts as Peter Potomus and other nicknames, were banned
    >>>
    >>> If YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned (and you were), YOU must
    >>> expect your postings to disappear, after all YOU (Peter Potamus et al)
    >>> were banned.
    >>>
    >>> The banning applied to YOU, not the identity you happened to use at a
    >>> specific point in time.
    >>>
    >>> As to standing up in court, it doesn't have to. The group is on a
    >>> PRIVATE server, made available to the internet by several means
    >>> (direct and via Google Groups). As a PRIVATE server, the owners are
    >>> entitled to make their own rules, and deny access to those they have
    >>> deemed unacceptable. In short, you (YOU not just Peter Potumus or any
    >>> other identity you care to adopt) have been deemed unacceptable. Ergo,
    >>> the powers that be have banned YOU (Peter Potamus et al).
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Free speech concerns have no place here. Like on any medium, it can be
    >>> edited for content according to the dictates of the owners. In short,
    >>> YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned, and you should recognize that
    >>> FACT.
    >>>
    >>> Changing your identity doesnt change that fact, calling people names
    >>> doesnt change that fact, calling the episode uncalled for doesn't
    >>> either. YOU (Peter Potamus et al) were banned.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Oh, and regardless of my opinion pro or con the decision to ban you, I
    >>> have hmmm, EIGHT YEARS of experience in dealing with someone who is
    >>> banned. Didnt change the fact then, it won't change the fact now. As I
    >>> stated previously, tis better to recognize the facts and move on.
    >>>

    >>
    >> sorry, but thats your interpretation of Peter Potamus et al. As far as
    >> I am concerned, its You as in the one posting as the Purple Hippo. The
    >> one posting as someone else is totally different and has nothing to do
    >> with the other. Its only that Mozilla Bully [and now the one who's
    >> posting as Moz Champ] who is making that connection and statement. Its
    >> that idiot Mozilla Bully who's got the grudge.
    >>

    >
    >
    > I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
    > one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
    > 'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.
    >
    > If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
    > Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
    > deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.
    >
    > You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
    > someone's decision to ban you was correct.


    He didn't say that it was "You" as in MozChampion that is/was posting
    using the Hippo ID.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  8. Re: Where is my question?

    On 4/30/08 4:43 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> FACT:
    >>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>> FACT:
    >>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>> after all they are banned
    >>>
    >>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
    >>> removed.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>
    >> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just
    >> a means to an end.
    >>
    >> For Jay:
    >> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
    >> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.

    >
    >
    > Just asking a question now.
    > in the above you appear to be answering a post from Moz Champ. then have
    > the Phrase:
    >
    > "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >
    > Is this implying now that Moz Champ is banned. Or is it simply part of
    > your answer about Peter?
    >
    > Just need clarification. It appears your banning Moz from MTTM because
    > he asked a question or made a comment.


    Only Peter is banned.

    --
    Chris Ilias
    List-owner: support-firefox, support-thunderbird, test-multimedia

  9. Re: Where is my question?

    The date and time was 4/30/2008 10:01 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    >
    > I post here as Moz Champion, and always have. My real email address (or
    > one of them) is always included in any post I make. I don't make posts
    > 'as' anyone else, nor do I take up different indentities.
    >
    > If 'as far as you are concerned' I am the one posting as the Purple
    > Hippo, then sir, I shall ask you for proof of such, or you shall be
    > deemed a LIAR and dealt with accordingly.
    >
    > You sir, are beyond redemption it seems. You are simply proving that
    > someone's decision to ban you was correct.


    Do you always have to revert to calling people liars after calling them sir?

    --
    Terry R.
    Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

  10. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:

    > Q wrote:
    >
    > > In the links you keep giving, you say you don't want replies, so it
    > > seems odd to me that you intend to do all in your power to keep
    > > getting them.

    >
    > it seems you have not read the last paragraph of my posting:


    Now that I know that when you say "you" you don't mean the person to
    whom you're replying, it makes a lot more sense that you keep saying
    that. But I don't know who you think hasn't read it.

    > if you had read it, then you wouldn't be replying.


    That doesn't follow. We've covered the fact that no one's bound by your
    netcopping demands.

    > By replying, you're just proving to everyone how stupid and
    > arrogant you really are. Because of your stupidness,


    One part of the help I've given you was to point out that continuing
    post insults is unlikely to reduce the number of replies you claimed
    not to want posted.

    If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as soon
    as you can.


  11. Re: Where is my question?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 4/30/08 4:43 PM, _Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T_ spoke thusly:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 4/28/08 11:17 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
    >>>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> FACT:
    >>>>> Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned
    >>>>> FACT:
    >>>>> If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear,
    >>>>> after all they are banned
    >>>>
    >>>> fact, only posting as the purple hippo was banned, not posting as
    >>>> something else, therefore, those other postings should not have been
    >>>> removed.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>>
    >>> "You" means *you*, not just your address. Blocking an address is just
    >>> a means to an end.
    >>>
    >>> For Jay:
    >>> Not all posts go through the moderator que. In the case of Peter's
    >>> posts, he subscribed to the list to bypass the mod que.

    >>
    >>
    >> Just asking a question now.
    >> in the above you appear to be answering a post from Moz Champ. then
    >> have the Phrase:
    >>
    >> "You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia."
    >>
    >> Is this implying now that Moz Champ is banned. Or is it simply part of
    >> your answer about Peter?
    >>
    >> Just need clarification. It appears your banning Moz from MTTM because
    >> he asked a question or made a comment.

    >
    > Only Peter is banned.
    >

    Thanks!

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. Re: Where is my question?

    Q wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Q wrote:
    >>
    >>> In the links you keep giving, you say you don't want replies, so it
    >>> seems odd to me that you intend to do all in your power to keep
    >>> getting them.

    >> it seems you have not read the last paragraph of my posting:

    >
    > Now that I know that when you say "you" you don't mean the person to
    > whom you're replying, it makes a lot more sense that you keep saying
    > that. But I don't know who you think hasn't read it.
    >
    >> if you had read it, then you wouldn't be replying.

    >
    > That doesn't follow. We've covered the fact that no one's bound by your
    > netcopping demands.
    >
    >> By replying, you're just proving to everyone how stupid and
    >> arrogant you really are. Because of your stupidness,

    >
    > One part of the help I've given you was to point out that continuing
    > post insults is unlikely to reduce the number of replies you claimed
    > not to want posted.
    >
    > If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as soon
    > as you can.
    >


    everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how
    ignorant you are, that you can't follow simple little
    instructions. Please follow the instructions on the last
    paragraph of my message:

    news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  13. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/1/2008 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said
    > everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how ignorant you
    > are, that you can't follow simple little instructions. Please follow
    > the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:


    Why is anyone required to follow your "instructions"?

    --
    Irwin

    Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

  14. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:

    > Q wrote:


    > > If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as
    > > soon as you can.

    >
    > everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how
    > ignorant you are, that you can't follow simple little
    > instructions.


    No, if you re-read my responses to your "instructions", you'll
    find that it's not that I can't follow them.

    > Please follow the instructions on the last
    > paragraph of my message:


    I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    clear about it the other times you've told me to.

    If you'd like yet another response from me, the instructions are the
    same as last time.


  15. Re: Where is my question?

    Q wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Q wrote:

    >
    >>> If you'd like another response from me, just reply to this post as
    >>> soon as you can.

    >> everytime you reply to me, it just shows everyone how
    >> ignorant you are, that you can't follow simple little
    >> instructions.

    >
    > No, if you re-read my responses to your "instructions", you'll
    > find that it's not that I can't follow them.
    >
    >> Please follow the instructions on the last
    >> paragraph of my message:

    >
    > I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    > clear about it the other times you've told me to.
    >
    > If you'd like yet another response from me, the instructions are the
    > same as last time.
    >


    please follow the response I have given here, the last
    paragraph, especially the last 8 words, which says: "never
    reply to one of my postings again."

    news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: Where is my question?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:

    > Q wrote:
    > > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Please follow the instructions on the last
    > >> paragraph of my message:

    > >
    > > I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    > > clear about it the other times you've told me to.

    >
    > please follow the response I have given here, the last
    > paragraph, especially the last 8 words, which says: "never
    > reply to one of my postings again."


    I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    clear about it the other times you've told me to.

    And again, if you'd like another response from me, the instructions
    for you are the same as before: just reply to this post as soon as you
    can.


  17. Re: Where is my question?

    Q wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Q wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Please follow the instructions on the last
    >>>> paragraph of my message:
    >>> I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    >>> clear about it the other times you've told me to.

    >> please follow the response I have given here, the last
    >> paragraph, especially the last 8 words, which says: "never
    >> reply to one of my postings again."

    >
    > I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    > clear about it the other times you've told me to.
    >
    > And again, if you'd like another response from me, the instructions
    > for you are the same as before: just reply to this post as soon as you
    > can.
    >


    incase you didn't read my posting which applies to you,
    please see the last paragraph and especially the last 8 words:

    news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for
    some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup
    servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Where is my question?

    On 5/1/2008 5:36 PM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Q wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Q wrote:
    >>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>> Please follow the instructions on the last paragraph of my message:
    >>>> I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    >>>> clear about it the other times you've told me to.
    >>> please follow the response I have given here, the last paragraph,
    >>> especially the last 8 words, which says: "never reply to one of my
    >>> postings again."

    >>
    >> I'm surprised you're telling me again to do that, since I've been so
    >> clear about it the other times you've told me to.
    >>
    >> And again, if you'd like another response from me, the instructions
    >> for you are the same as before: just reply to this post as soon as you
    >> can.
    >>

    >
    > incase you didn't read my posting which applies to you, please see the
    > last paragraph and especially the last 8 words:
    >
    > news://news.mozilla.org:119/W7-dneH6...2d@mozilla.org
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...3f5eb3630e3258
    >


    PP and Q have a Groundhog Day sequence going!

    --
    Irwin

    Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
    Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

  19. Re: Where is my question?

    On 01.05.2008 17:19, Q wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > If you'd like yet another response from me, the instructions are the
    > same as last time.


    Hmmm, the famous Abbott/Costello "Who's On First" routine rings a bell. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  20. Re: Where is my question?

    On 01.05.2008 19:38, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > PP and Q have a Groundhog Day sequence going!


    The last place for the value of pi will be found before this is over.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast