Viewing Only Your Posts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Viewing Only Your Posts - Mozilla ; Hi In Outlook Express you can see your own Post by clicking CTRL + H Is there a way to do this n the Thunderbird News groups.. Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate for this ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

  1. Viewing Only Your Posts

    Hi

    In Outlook Express you can see your own Post by clicking CTRL + H
    Is there a way to do this n the Thunderbird News groups..

    Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate
    for this forum

    Cheers Possum..

  2. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Possum wrote:
    > Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate
    > for this forum

    try: mozilla.support.thunderbird

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
    may get banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/25/2008 10:14 PM Possum scribbled:

    > Hi
    >
    > In Outlook Express you can see your own Post by clicking CTRL + H
    > Is there a way to do this n the Thunderbird News groups.

    I really don't know but don't think so. Why would you have a need to do
    so? You could sort messages by sender and see all your posts at once...

    > Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate
    > for this forum

    I'd say its sorta OK for here but, as the hippos already said to the
    possum, the Thunderbird group would be more spot on...

    > Cheers Possum..

  4. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/25/2008 10:14 PM Possum scribbled:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> In Outlook Express you can see your own Post by clicking CTRL + H
    >> Is there a way to do this n the Thunderbird News groups.

    > I really don't know but don't think so. Why would you have a need to do
    > so? You could sort messages by sender and see all your posts at once...

    or have a look in your Sent folder, if that's where you have your
    outgoing messages go!

    Daniel

    >> Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate
    >> for this forum

    > I'd say its sorta OK for here but, as the hippos already said to the
    > possum, the Thunderbird group would be more spot on...
    >>

    >> Cheers Possum..

  5. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 27.04.2008 11:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > goodwin wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/25/2008 10:14 PM Possum scribbled:
    >>

    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> In Outlook Express you can see your own Post by clicking CTRL + H
    >>> Is there a way to do this n the Thunderbird News groups.
    >>>

    >> I really don't know but don't think so. Why would you have a need to do
    >> so? You could sort messages by sender and see all your posts at once...
    >>

    > or have a look in your Sent folder, if that's where you have your
    > outgoing messages go!
    >
    > Daniel
    >

    >>> Also there are lots of Newsgroups here. Was this Question appropriate
    >>> for this forum
    >>>

    >> I'd say its sorta OK for here but, as the hippos already said to the
    >> possum, the Thunderbird group would be more spot on...
    >>
    >>> Cheers Possum..

    good catch, Daniel but not quite "complete"

    The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    Local Folders>>Sent

    all of them!

    reg

  6. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:

    > The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    > Local Folders>>Sent
    >
    > all of them!
    >
    > reg

    reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    but that can be changed easily under account settings.

    don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

  7. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    The date and time was 4/27/2008 6:40 AM, and on a whim, goodwin pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:
    >

    >> The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    >> Local Folders>>Sent
    >>
    >> all of them!
    >>
    >> reg

    > reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    > but that can be changed easily under account settings.
    >
    > don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    don't list them every time?

    don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    --
    Terry R.

  8. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/27/2008 7:47 AM Terry R. scribbled:

    > Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    > anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    > us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    > don't list them every time?
    >
    > don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    sorry...

  9. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 27.04.2008 11:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> goodwin wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 4/25/2008 10:14 PM Possum scribbled:

    >>> I really don't know but don't think so. Why would you have a need to do
    >>> so? You could sort messages by sender and see all your posts at once...
    >>>

    >> or have a look in your Sent folder, if that's where you have your
    >> outgoing messages go!
    >>
    >> Daniel

    >>> I'd say its sorta OK for here but, as the hippos already said to the
    >>> possum, the Thunderbird group would be more spot on...

    > good catch, Daniel but not quite "complete"
    >
    > The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    > Local Folders>>Sent
    >
    > all of them!
    >
    > reg

    Good catch, reg, but "if that's where you have your outgoing messages
    go!" I have my outgoing messages for this server going to my
    2008_Net_Moz_SM folder under my normal mail server!

    Daniel

  10. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/27/2008 7:47 AM Terry R. scribbled:
    >

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    > You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    > sorry...

    Not me! I use my Local Folders to archive all my mail, by year and
    grouping (family, work, church, etc., etc..).

    Daniel

  11. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 4/27/2008 6:40 AM, and on a whim, goodwin pounded
    > out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:
    >>

    >>> The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    >>> Local Folders>>Sent
    >>>
    >>> all of them!
    >>>
    >>> reg

    >> reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    >> but that can be changed easily under account settings.
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    > Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    > anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    > us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    > don't list them every time?
    >
    > don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    I don't remember when Local Folders came into being. Whenever it was,
    and IF it over-rode my existing profile, and I'm not at all sure it did,
    I must have immediately changed it because any subsequent upgrade still
    derives my preferences from my profile (much of which dates from
    Netscape 4.x days or before). And my preference is to NOT use Local
    Folders. I have never understood the concept and I don't want to. I
    HATE programs that screw around with MY disk layout.

    Again, I don't remember the specifics at this point because it was years
    ago. But, it's not valid to assume anything about local folders being
    the "default" except for some sub-set of users. Which means, it's NOT a
    default in any true sense of the word unless it may apply to a brand new
    user. I doubt most of us here fall into that category.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  12. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 27.04.2008 23:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 4/27/2008 7:47 AM Terry R. scribbled:
    >

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    > You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    > sorry...

    yeah well - mine are "blanked out" by re-naming the folder to [blank
    space] and collapsing it.
    I only got this info when someone mentioned it, way, way back and I
    actually *looked* there... lol, lots of sent posts!

    reg

  13. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 28.04.2008 02:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Mullen to
    generate the following:? :
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >
    >> The date and time was 4/27/2008 6:40 AM, and on a whim, goodwin pounded
    >> out on the keyboard:
    >>

    >>> On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:

    >>> reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    >>> but that can be changed easily under account settings.
    >>>
    >>> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>>

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > I don't remember when Local Folders came into being. Whenever it was,
    > and IF it over-rode my existing profile, and I'm not at all sure it did,
    > I must have immediately changed it because any subsequent upgrade still
    > derives my preferences from my profile (much of which dates from
    > Netscape 4.x days or before). And my preference is to NOT use Local
    > Folders. I have never understood the concept and I don't want to. I
    > HATE programs that screw around with MY disk layout.
    >
    > Again, I don't remember the specifics at this point because it was years
    > ago. But, it's not valid to assume anything about local folders being
    > the "default" except for some sub-set of users. Which means, it's NOT a
    > default in any true sense of the word unless it may apply to a brand new
    > user. I doubt most of us here fall into that category.

    I seem to remember Chris I (yeah! THAT Chris) posting a reason, that it
    was some kind of concession to OE, but I don't remember the details

    reg

  14. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 28.04.2008 01:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 27.04.2008 11:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> or have a look in your Sent folder, if that's where you have your
    >>> outgoing messages go!
    >>>
    >>> Daniel

    >> good catch, Daniel but not quite "complete"
    >>
    >> The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    >> Local Folders>>Sent
    >>
    >> all of them!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > Good catch, reg, but "if that's where you have your outgoing messages
    > go!" I have my outgoing messages for this server going to my
    > 2008_Net_Moz_SM folder under my normal mail server!
    >
    > Daniel

    yeah, well - I don't have *THAT* folder on my HD - do you think I should
    create one ;-) :-\ ??

    reg

  15. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    The date and time was 4/27/2008 5:59 PM, and on a whim, Ed Mullen
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 4/27/2008 6:40 AM, and on a whim, goodwin pounded
    >> out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:

    >>> reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    >>> but that can be changed easily under account settings.
    >>>
    >>> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > I don't remember when Local Folders came into being. Whenever it was,
    > and IF it over-rode my existing profile, and I'm not at all sure it did,
    > I must have immediately changed it because any subsequent upgrade still
    > derives my preferences from my profile (much of which dates from
    > Netscape 4.x days or before). And my preference is to NOT use Local
    > Folders. I have never understood the concept and I don't want to. I
    > HATE programs that screw around with MY disk layout.
    >
    > Again, I don't remember the specifics at this point because it was years
    > ago. But, it's not valid to assume anything about local folders being
    > the "default" except for some sub-set of users. Which means, it's NOT a
    > default in any true sense of the word unless it may apply to a brand new
    > user. I doubt most of us here fall into that category.

    If someone seeking assistance doesn't provide their full info (which
    hardly anyone does), there isn't any way of ever knowing what a user may
    have changed. I have never configured Local folders either (since my
    original profile dates back to NS 4.xx), but quite a few accounts still
    write to it by "default". Like Reg stated, news accounts by "default"
    will write to Local Folders, and since they are added continually, most
    likely they would wind up in LF.

    I don't see any purpose in LF either. It's not like it's a different
    kind of folder than any other. It's still just a file holding
    everything, no better or worse than one created by the user.

    Regardless, LF is the "default". If a user changes it, it's only on a
    case by case basis and I doubt the majority of users ever change it.
    Possum is most likely a new user (no posts prior) and my response was
    directed at someone assuming a new user would change the "default".

    --
    Terry R.

  16. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/27/2008 7:47 AM Terry R. scribbled:
    >

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    > You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    > sorry...

    Best I can remember mozilla had Local folders setup so you could delete
    them till the cows came home and the would re build themselves just like
    cache files or the .msf files. The only way to permanently ditch them
    was get your hands dirty chopping out of the application.

    Have they since changed this. I know when I first stated using versions
    of TB or Moz or SM that started using local folders they acted like
    boomerangs. And was explained they were ingrained into the applications
    you could delete them but next time you opened up they were Back.

  17. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 4/27/2008 6:40 AM, and on a whim, goodwin
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> On 4/27/2008 2:42 AM squaredancer scribbled:

    >>> reg, mine aren't - they are stored in local folders maybe by default,
    >>> but that can be changed easily under account settings.
    >>>
    >>> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...

    >> Default settings are what all of us refer to in t-shooting. How could
    >> anyone know if the defaults were changed by a user? Are you expecting
    >> us to know what YOUR settings are (AND always remember them) if you
    >> don't list them every time?
    >>
    >> don't tell us (TINU) you don't/didn't know this...
    >>

    > I don't remember when Local Folders came into being. Whenever it was,
    > and IF it over-rode my existing profile, and I'm not at all sure it did,
    > I must have immediately changed it because any subsequent upgrade still
    > derives my preferences from my profile (much of which dates from
    > Netscape 4.x days or before). And my preference is to NOT use Local
    > Folders. I have never understood the concept and I don't want to. I
    > HATE programs that screw around with MY disk layout.
    >
    > Again, I don't remember the specifics at this point because it was years
    > ago. But, it's not valid to assume anything about local folders being
    > the "default" except for some sub-set of users. Which means, it's NOT a
    > default in any true sense of the word unless it may apply to a brand new
    > user. I doubt most of us here fall into that category.

    The only thing for me that goes into local folders is Unsent messages.
    I have an unsent message directory for each of my email boxes. But even
    though they are their all unsent messages go to unsent in local folders
    whether SM or TB.

  18. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/28/2008 8:31 AM Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T scribbled:

    > goodwin wrote:
    >>>

    >> First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    >> You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    >> sorry...

    > Best I can remember mozilla had Local folders setup so you could delete
    > them till the cows came home and the would re build themselves just like
    > cache files or the .msf files. The only way to permanently ditch them
    > was get your hands dirty chopping out of the application.

    No, I wasn't talking of deleting them - thats been hashed over around
    here for years - can't really do it, as you seem to be aware.
    I was only talking about setting copies and folders to my own folder.
    And with all the interest in getting rid of Local Folders over the
    years, I mistakenly thought nobody used them.

    > Have they since changed this. I know when I first stated using versions
    > of TB or Moz or SM that started using local folders they acted like
    > boomerangs. And was explained they were ingrained into the applications
    > you could delete them but next time you opened up they were Back.

    correct

  19. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 28.04.2008 01:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 27.04.2008 11:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    >>> good catch, Daniel but not quite "complete"
    >>>
    >>> The OP wants the NG posts - and they are stored in:
    >>> Local Folders>>Sent
    >>>
    >>> all of them!
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> Good catch, reg, but "if that's where you have your outgoing messages
    >> go!" I have my outgoing messages for this server going to my
    >> 2008_Net_Moz_SM folder under my normal mail server!
    >>
    >> Daniel
    >>

    > yeah, well - I don't have *THAT* folder on my HD - do you think I should
    > create one ;-) :-\ ??
    >
    > reg

    Yes, please! If enough of us create them, then I'll stick a request in
    to bugzilla to make it standard. Will you support me, reg?

    Daniel

  20. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 29.04.2008 02:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 28.04.2008 01:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> Good catch, reg, but "if that's where you have your outgoing messages
    >>> go!" I have my outgoing messages for this server going to my
    >>> 2008_Net_Moz_SM folder under my normal mail server!
    >>>
    >>> Daniel
    >>>

    >> yeah, well - I don't have *THAT* folder on my HD - do you think I should
    >> create one ;-) :-\ ??
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > Yes, please! If enough of us create them, then I'll stick a request in
    > to bugzilla to make it standard. Will you support me, reg?
    >
    > Daniel

    yep! add my name to the RFE when you submit it!

    reg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast