Viewing Only Your Posts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Viewing Only Your Posts - Mozilla ; On 29-04-2008 12:58 CET, squaredancer composed this enchanting statement: > On 29.04.2008 02:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to > generate the following:? : >> squaredancer wrote: >>> On 28.04.2008 01:43, CET - what odd quirk ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 29-04-2008 12:58 CET, squaredancer composed this enchanting statement:
    > On 29.04.2008 02:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 28.04.2008 01:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    >>> yeah, well - I don't have *THAT* folder on my HD - do you think I
    >>> should create one ;-) :-\ ??
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> Yes, please! If enough of us create them, then I'll stick a request
    >> in to bugzilla to make it standard. Will you support me, reg?
    >>
    >> Daniel
    >>

    > yep! add my name to the RFE when you submit it!
    >
    > reg

    I'll be on the eh.. outlook for that to vote ... ;-)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  2. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:

    > I'll be on the eh.. outlook for that to vote ... ;-)

    heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...

    'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...

  3. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/28/2008 8:31 AM Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T scribbled:
    >
    >> goodwin wrote:
    >>> First thing I do when setting up new account is lose the local folders.
    >>> You mean everyone doesn't do this?
    >>> sorry...

    >> Best I can remember mozilla had Local folders setup so you could delete
    >> them till the cows came home and the would re build themselves just like
    >> cache files or the .msf files. The only way to permanently ditch them
    >> was get your hands dirty chopping out of the application.
    >>

    > No, I wasn't talking of deleting them - thats been hashed over around
    > here for years - can't really do it, as you seem to be aware.
    > I was only talking about setting copies and folders to my own folder.
    > And with all the interest in getting rid of Local Folders over the
    > years, I mistakenly thought nobody used them.
    >
    >> Have they since changed this. I know when I first stated using versions
    >> of TB or Moz or SM that started using local folders they acted like
    >> boomerangs. And was explained they were ingrained into the applications
    >> you could delete them but next time you opened up they were Back.
    >>

    > correct

    I can set my newsgroups to be copied to a directory I created called
    newsgroups and my emails can be copied to a directory I set up called
    Sent Mail but when I tried to set up unsent message to go unsent
    messages already setup on both my email accounts; all go to to unsent
    message in local folders whether I want them to or not.

  4. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 29.04.2008 19:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:
    >

    >> I'll be on the eh.. outlook for that to vote ... ;-)
    >>

    > heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >
    > 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    > Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...

    thunderBOX, goodwin - B-O-X

    oh sodit - had to replace my graphic card this morning (three elcos
    puffed out) and now it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to
    re-type about 5 times to get the sentence complete)

    reg

  5. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 29.04.2008 23:02, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > goodwin wrote:

    >>> Best I can remember mozilla had Local folders setup so you could delete
    >>> them till the cows came home and the would re build themselves just like
    >>> cache files or the .msf files. The only way to permanently ditch them
    >>> was get your hands dirty chopping out of the application.
    >>>

    >> No, I wasn't talking of deleting them - thats been hashed over around
    >> here for years - can't really do it, as you seem to be aware.
    >> I was only talking about setting copies and folders to my own folder.
    >> And with all the interest in getting rid of Local Folders over the
    >> years, I mistakenly thought nobody used them.
    >>

    >>> Have they since changed this. I know when I first stated using versions
    >>> of TB or Moz or SM that started using local folders they acted like
    >>> boomerangs. And was explained they were ingrained into the applications
    >>> you could delete them but next time you opened up they were Back.
    >>>

    >> correct
    >>

    > I can set my newsgroups to be copied to a directory I created called
    > newsgroups and my emails can be copied to a directory I set up called
    > Sent Mail but when I tried to set up unsent message to go unsent
    > messages already setup on both my email accounts; all go to to unsent
    > message in local folders whether I want them to or not.

    *lol* Phillip - at least you know where the little gremlins have gone to...

    reg

  6. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    squaredancer wrote:
    > it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to
    > re-type about 5 times to get the sentence complete)

    oh crap, now its spreading. I'm having problems with mine
    now. The first 4 keys on the number row won't work.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to re-type about 5
    >> times to get the sentence complete)

    > oh crap, now its spreading. I'm having problems with mine now. The
    > first 4 keys on the number row won't work.

    I used a wireless keyboard for a while, but, even after swapping
    batteries, it doesn't what to work! Now, for some reason, on the wired
    keyboard, the "F" key is sitting lower than the rest, don't know why,
    it's not as though I'm a real typist with my fingers resting on/over
    those keys!

    Must just be the time of year for keyboards to die!!

    Daniel

  8. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/29/2008 5:08 PM Daniel scribbled:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to re-type about 5
    >>> times to get the sentence complete)

    >> oh crap, now its spreading. I'm having problems with mine now. The
    >> first 4 keys on the number row won't work.
    >>

    > I used a wireless keyboard for a while, but, even after swapping
    > batteries, it doesn't what to work! Now, for some reason, on the wired
    > keyboard, the "F" key is sitting lower than the rest, don't know why,
    > it's not as though I'm a real typist with my fingers resting on/over
    > those keys!
    >
    > Must just be the time of year for keyboards to die!!
    >
    > Daniel

    More likely its a moz general malady inflicted upon regular posters
    pounding on the keyboards with a heightened sense of vehemence...

  9. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 4/29/2008 2:07 PM squaredancer scribbled:

    > On 29.04.2008 19:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:
    >>

    >>> I'll be on the eh.. outlook for that to vote ... ;-)
    >>>

    >> heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >>
    >> 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    >> Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...
    >>

    > thunderBOX, goodwin - B-O-X

    eh??? I was referring to what winos prefer - that what you call it over
    there?

    > oh sodit - had to replace my graphic card this morning (three elcos
    > puffed out) and now it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to
    > re-type about 5 times to get the sentence complete)

    try running it through the dishwasher - just don't let it heat dry -
    have some thunderbox while waiting...

  10. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 30.04.2008 02:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 4/29/2008 5:08 PM Daniel scribbled:
    >

    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> oh crap, now its spreading. I'm having problems with mine now. The
    >>> first 4 keys on the number row won't work.
    >>>

    >> I used a wireless keyboard for a while, but, even after swapping
    >> batteries, it doesn't what to work! Now, for some reason, on the wired
    >> keyboard, the "F" key is sitting lower than the rest, don't know why,
    >> it's not as though I'm a real typist with my fingers resting on/over
    >> those keys!
    >>
    >> Must just be the time of year for keyboards to die!!
    >>
    >> Daniel
    >>

    > More likely its a moz general malady inflicted upon regular posters
    > pounding on the keyboards with a heightened sense of vehemence...

    ummmmm - translate that to common english, please!

    reg

  11. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 30.04.2008 02:49, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 4/29/2008 2:07 PM squaredancer scribbled:
    >

    >> On 29.04.2008 19:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:

    >>> heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >>>
    >>> 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    >>> Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...
    >>>

    >> thunderBOX, goodwin - B-O-X
    >>

    > eh??? I was referring to what winos prefer - that what you call it over
    > there?

    hmmm - not sure what that would be - Chianti, perhaps??
    Anyways - a thunderBOX is what the military use for a toilet, when out
    in the field. got its name from the audio-capabilities of a wooden-slat
    box, properly placed over a hole in the ground.
    A good fart sounds to the enemy as if a battery of 105mm howitzers has
    opened fire!

    >> oh sodit - had to replace my graphic card this morning (three elcos
    >> puffed out) and now it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to
    >> re-type about 5 times to get the sentence complete)
    >>

    > try running it through the dishwasher - just don't let it heat dry -
    > have some thunderbox while waiting...

    nope - turned it over and hit it on the desktop - got half a loaf of
    bread fall out! I do this from time to time - amazing what a
    world-food-reserve there is to be found, hidden in our keyboards!

    Seriously though - it is also a wireless, with the receiver just some 24
    inches away to the left! Yesterday, whilst playing with the emergency
    graphic card, I put a box containing a new HD (to replace the old 80 GB
    one) on my desk *between* keyboard and receiver.... trouble-bubble!
    Moved the box, keyboard works!
    I suppose the signal is pretty weak, being served by only 4
    mini-batteries....

    reg

  12. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 30-04-2008 11:31 CET, squaredancer composed this enchanting statement:
    > On 30.04.2008 02:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    > generate the following:? :

    >>> I used a wireless keyboard for a while, but, even after swapping
    >>> batteries, it doesn't what to work! Now, for some reason, on the
    >>> wired keyboard, the "F" key is sitting lower than the rest, don't
    >>> know why, it's not as though I'm a real typist with my fingers
    >>> resting on/over those keys!
    >>>
    >>> Must just be the time of year for keyboards to die!!
    >>>

    >> More likely its a moz general malady inflicted upon regular posters
    >> pounding on the keyboards with a heightened sense of vehemence...
    >>

    > ummmmm - translate that to common english, please!
    >
    > reg

    My advice: get a real keyboard, one from IBM, designed to endure such
    bashing forcefulness a lifetime.

    --

    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  13. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 29-04-2008 19:45 CET, goodwin composed this enchanting statement:
    > On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:
    >

    > > I'll be on the eh.. outlook for that to vote ... ;-)
    > >

    > heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >
    > 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    > Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...

    As you wish, but it's on a Bird of Thunder, rather.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  14. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:

    > On 30-04-2008 11:31 CET, squaredancer composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    > > On 30.04.2008 02:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin
    > > to generate the following:? :
    > >
    > >> More likely its a moz general malady inflicted upon regular posters
    > >> pounding on the keyboards with a heightened sense of vehemence...
    > >>

    > > ummmmm - translate that to common english, please!

    > My advice: get a real keyboard, one from IBM, designed to endure such
    > bashing forcefulness a lifetime.

    Unless you're a slob like me, in which case keeping a keyboard for a
    lifetime would mean prying off the keys occasionally to clean it. (I
    hate the plastic covers.) I buy cheap wired keyboards with reasonable
    feel to the keys and toss them when keys start acting weird.

  15. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    squaredancer wrote:
    > hmmm - not sure what that would be - Chianti, perhaps??
    > Anyways - a thunderBOX is what the military use for a toilet, when out
    > in the field. got its name from the audio-capabilities of a wooden-slat
    > box, properly placed over a hole in the ground.
    > A good fart sounds to the enemy as if a battery of 105mm howitzers has
    > opened fire!

    actually, I thought Thunderbox was an album put out by the
    British rock group Humble Pie, way back in 1974.

    Or maybe it was the HMS Thunderbox, a Royal Navy frigate.

    Then again: http://www.2daloo.com/. Even the US White House
    has one: http://www.projectrestoration.tv/white_house.php

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/29/2008 2:07 PM squaredancer scribbled:
    >
    >> On 29.04.2008 19:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused goodwin to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>> On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:

    >>> heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >>>
    >>> 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    >>> Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...
    >>>

    >> thunderBOX, goodwin - B-O-X

    > eh??? I was referring to what winos prefer - that what you call it over
    > there?
    >
    >> oh sodit - had to replace my graphic card this morning (three elcos
    >> puffed out) and now it looks as if my keyboard is going down (have to
    >> re-type about 5 times to get the sentence complete)

    > try running it through the dishwasher - just don't let it heat dry -
    > have some thunderbox while waiting...

    I've had the same MacAlly iKey Keyboard since I first purchased my G4-500.

    I had one That was a Blue tone at first but it had a ROM chip That was
    not updatable and replaced it free of charge. This was a Translucent ice
    colored. Been Great. I've never had the cover off. on occasion the
    spacebar sticks of I press it to close to one end of the other.
    Otherwise its great

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHZ, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  17. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> hmmm - not sure what that would be - Chianti, perhaps??
    >> Anyways - a thunderBOX is what the military use for a toilet, when out
    >> in the field. got its name from the audio-capabilities of a
    >> wooden-slat box, properly placed over a hole in the ground.
    >> A good fart sounds to the enemy as if a battery of 105mm howitzers has
    >> opened fire!

    > actually, I thought Thunderbox was an album put out by the British rock
    > group Humble Pie, way back in 1974.
    >
    > Or maybe it was the HMS Thunderbox, a Royal Navy frigate.
    >
    > Then again: http://www.2daloo.com/. Even the US White House has one:
    > http://www.projectrestoration.tv/white_house.php

    If that was the case they should have feed the troops some Pinto beans,
    cooked cabbage, corn bread and buttermilk for lunch everyday.

    That way to the enemy it would have sounded to the enemy like a A-Bomb
    was going off if the had Flatulated in unison. ;-)

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHZ, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  18. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 29-04-2008 19:45 CET, goodwin composed this enchanting statement:
    >> On 4/29/2008 7:48 AM Melchert Fruitema scribbled:

    >> heh, guess you can't be on the Thunderbird for it...
    >>
    >> 'on the Thunderbird' - hmmm - maybe we can coin a new phrase here.
    >> Certainly, some of /my/ posts look like I'm on the Thunderbird...
    >>

    > As you wish, but it's on a Bird of Thunder, rather.

    Maybe he is driving a Thunderbird.

    Would be a cool Cat if he drives a 55 or 56 T-Bird with the snap on
    Hardtop or Rag top. knew a fellow once in Danville that had one he had
    both tops. it was white with natural color leather interior ( the real
    stuff).

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHZ, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  19. Re: Viewing Only Your Posts

    On 30.04.2008 22:32, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> hmmm - not sure what that would be - Chianti, perhaps??
    >>> Anyways - a thunderBOX is what the military use for a toilet, when out
    >>> in the field. got its name from the audio-capabilities of a
    >>> wooden-slat box, properly placed over a hole in the ground.
    >>> A good fart sounds to the enemy as if a battery of 105mm howitzers has
    >>> opened fire!
    >>>

    >> actually, I thought Thunderbox was an album put out by the British rock
    >> group Humble Pie, way back in 1974.
    >>
    >> Or maybe it was the HMS Thunderbox, a Royal Navy frigate.
    >>
    >> Then again: http://www.2daloo.com/. Even the US White House has one:
    >> http://www.projectrestoration.tv/white_house.php
    >>

    > If that was the case they should have feed the troops some Pinto beans,
    > cooked cabbage, corn bread and buttermilk for lunch everyday.
    >
    > That way to the enemy it would have sounded to the enemy like a A-Bomb
    > was going off if the had Flatulated in unison. ;-)

    they actually did try that recipy but it was abandoned after the enemy
    started using AA guns to shoot down the "rocket-propelled BOX-users"

    reg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2