Re: Is secnews down? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Is secnews down? - Mozilla ; On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote: --- Original Message --- > If you really, really want roe information. > Follow-up to mozilla general. Eggcellent suggestion. :-) -- Jay Garcia Netscape Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 110

  1. Re: Is secnews down?

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  2. Re: Is secnews down?

    Jay Garcia keyboarded, On 3/27/2008 9:25 AM :
    > On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    "Good diagnosis" said the Sturgeon General.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 27.03.2008 14:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    naaa - won't go there - sounds far too fishy!

    reg

  4. Re: Is secnews down?

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    Too late, Jay, Easter Eggs had gone already.

    Daniel

  5. Re: Is secnews down?

    Daniel wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    actually, I thought the reference to eggcellent was a
    tribute to the late Vincent Price who played the
    supervillian Egghead on the old Batman TB series, who kept
    saying things like eggcellent, eggstinct, and other egg sayings

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Is secnews down?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    Oh, come on now, we really are showing our age, aren't we??? Although, I
    suppose, they have been repeated on cable T.V. more recently.

    (and have you got something on your mind, Peter?? "old Batman TB
    series"....really!!)

    Daniel

  7. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 28.03.2008 03:44, Daniel wrote:

    >>> Too late, Jay, Easter Eggs had gone already.
    >>>
    >>> Daniel

    >> actually, I thought the reference to eggcellent was a tribute to the
    >> late Vincent Price who played the supervillian Egghead on the old Batman
    >> TB series, who kept saying things like eggcellent, eggstinct, and other
    >> egg sayings
    >>

    > Oh, come on now, we really are showing our age, aren't we??? Although, I
    > suppose, they have been repeated on cable T.V. more recently.
    >
    > (and have you got something on your mind, Peter?? "old Batman TB
    > series"....really!!)
    >
    > Daniel

    I was on a flight out to Los Angeles a very long time ago. United
    Airlines at the time stopped over in Denver. Once we got back in the
    air, I heard a very familiar voice in the seat behind me. It was Vincent
    Price. We talked all the way to LA but not about movies and such. All we
    talked about was making bread, one of his passions ... mine also, along
    with Cajun Cooking .. What a guy, very cordial. Sitting next to him was
    Coleen Dewhurst, nice lady but had no idea how to make bread. A few rows
    up was Norm Crosby, self-centered and quite rude to say the least,
    grumbling the whole way to LA.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  8. Re: Is secnews down?

    Daniel wrote:
    > (and have you got something on your mind, Peter?? "old Batman TB
    > series"....really!!)

    no, but since you asked, did you know that there were:

    42 celebs played villains
    9 celebs played non-villains
    13 celebs appeared on a bat-climb
    2 visiting heros from another show appeared
    4 bit parts of celebs before they became famous
    and 2 Riddlers
    out of all that there were 120 shows in three seasons
    the first villain was the Riddler starring Frank Gorshin
    and the last villain was Zsa Zsa Gabor's Minerva

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Is secnews down?

    Daniel wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    What's wrong with Batman series. I was around to watch Howdy-Doody with
    Buffalo Bob Smith, Claribel the Clown and everything. :-)

    Or how about Lamb Chops with Sheri Lewis.
    I thought the reason why the internet is stuck in the old days was
    because of us old whipper Snappers (I am 59 this very day) Now I know
    its because of all these youngsters that don't know what the heck they
    are doing so they are afraid of change. ;-)

  10. Re: Is secnews down?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    Shari Lewis? Bob Smith?

    Hey, you kids -- get off my lawn!

    Let's talk "Kukla, Fran and Ollie".

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  11. Re: Is secnews down?

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    Yeah! And Flesh, err, Flash Gordon, and Tom Mix, and Plunk your magic
    twanger, Froggy!

    --
    "Pascal is Pascal is Pascal is dog meat."
    -- M. Devine and P. Larson, Computer Science 340

  12. Re: Is secnews down?

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:

    I remember them as well

  13. Re: Is secnews down?

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    The Lone Ranger
    My Friend Flicka
    Sky King
    Rin Tin Tin
    Lost in Space
    The Mark of Zorro
    Captain Kangaroo.
    Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
    Wyatt Earp
    Paladin
    The Rifleman
    Bat Masterson
    The Mavericks (Bret and Bart)
    Wells Fargo
    The Virginian
    Rawhide.
    Roy Rodgers & Dale Evans.
    Gunsmoke.
    Steve Allen
    Uncle Milty
    Twilight Zone
    Perry Como
    The Andy Griff show.
    Andy Williams

    I might can think of some more off the top of my head but my head's sore
    from remembering these. :-D

  14. Re: Is secnews down?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    Well, how about these:
    # Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour, which began on radio in the 1930s under original host Major Bowes
    # The Morey Amsterdam Show, a comedy/variety show hosted by Morey Amsterdam, which started on CBS before moving to DuMont in 1949
    # Captain Video and His Video Rangers, a hugely popular kids' science fiction series[14][15]
    # The Arthur Murray Party, a dance program
    # With This Ring, a panel show on marriage
    # Rocky King, Inside Detective, a private eye series starring Roscoe Karns
    # The Plainclothesman, a camera's-eye-view detective series

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuMont_Television_Network

    BTW Happy Birthday Phillip.

    --
    JoeS

  15. Re: Is secnews down?

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    I remember Midnight, Andy's cat, too.

    I just watched a couple of Tex Ritter westerns that I got for a dollar
    (for both) from a rack at the supermarket. In one of them, the bad guy
    gang rode with black capes with big white skull'n'crossbones emblems on
    them. I was waiting for one of them to confuse the two genre further
    and come out with an "Arrrrr!" where a "Giddup!" was appropriate.
    (And on that note, I also saw "Blackbeard The Pirate" this week.)

    ObGeneral: I can think of three generals that have become president of
    the US, but I think there are four.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  16. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 29.03.2008 01:27, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Lassie, Black Beauty..... Hihoooo, Silver....

    59 - huh! Kiddo!
    (happy birdsday anyhows!)

    reg

  17. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 29.03.2008 04:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JoeS to
    generate the following:? :
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    Television - pah! Didn't you have better things to do as a kid?? Like
    busting windows, climbing trees, "street wars" (top-bottom ends,
    left-right sides), making faces at the local patrol cop (on FOOT.....)

    reg (still doesn't watch TV)

  18. Re: Is secnews down?