Re: Is secnews down? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Is secnews down? - Mozilla ; squaredancer wrote: > On 29.03.2008 04:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JoeS to > generate the following:? : >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: >> >>> Blinky the Shark wrote: >>> >>>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: ...

  1. Re: Is secnews down?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 29.03.2008 04:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JoeS to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    Nope. If I went out side my Yard until I as about 10-11 I got my tail
    whipped, by my folks. I was born with Epilepsy, cause my Dr squeezing
    with the Tongs they used, way to hard on my head while being pulled out
    of the birth canal. So they were fearful of my getting hurt.

    Later on when I went to school I was the brunt of much bullying by other
    students and one Teacher. I got my axx whipped so many times that the
    last time someone Tried it took six other boys and several parents to
    get me off the SO... that was trying beat up on me. I broke his nose in
    several pieces, today we are good friends but I can still see evidence
    of my handi-work. after that was still made fun of , but at least
    someone wasn't try to whip my axx all the time, they just left me alone.

    So played very little outside. That's why today I don't get out much.
    And why I don't drink, smoke, or chase wild,wild women.

  2. Re: Is secnews down?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 29.03.2008 13:27, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Rinaldi J.
    > Montessi to generate the following:? :
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >>> ObGeneral: I can think of three generals that have become president
    >>> of the US, but I think there are four.
    >>>

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...litary_service
    >>

    >> Rinaldi
    >>

    > hmmmm - can't seem to find General Failure :-(
    >
    > reg

    Would that be an aka for Bill gates? ;-)

  3. Re: Is secnews down?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Rin Tin Tin

    actually, RinTinTin was such a horrible actor, Warner Bros
    fired him, and they used his son. He was lovable and
    adorable. He was so good, that son of RinTinTin brought
    Warner Bros out of bankruptcy and into the power house it is
    today.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Is secnews down?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    > Nope. If I went out side my Yard until I as about 10-11 I got my tail
    > whipped, by my folks.

    you have a tail!? I always knew you were strange but you
    just proved it. loloti

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Is secnews down?

    JoeS wrote:
    > # Captain Video and His Video Rangers, a hugely popular kids' science fiction series[14][15]

    that was Ed Norton's favorite show

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Is secnews down?

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> ObGeneral: I can think of three generals that have become president of
    >> the US, but I think there are four.

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...litary_service
    >
    > Rinaldi

    Hmmm, Generals?
    General of the Armies Washington
    General of the Army Grant
    General of the Army Eisenhower
    General Jackson
    Major General Garfield
    Major General Hayes
    Major General Taylor
    Major General WH Harrison
    Brigadier General B Harrison
    Brigadier General Arthur
    Brigadier General Johnson

  7. Re: Is secnews down?

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> ObGeneral: I can think of three generals that have become president of
    >> the US, but I think there are four.

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...litary_service
    >
    > Rinaldi

    That's cheating, where is the fun in that.

    Lets see.

    George Washington
    Andrew Jackson
    Zachary Taylor
    U.S. Grant
    Rutherford B. Hayes
    William Henry Harrison
    Dwight Eisenhower

    There were other Union vets who bacame president, but I am not sure if
    they were generals or colonels.

    Now I will look and see.

    Lee

  8. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 29.03.2008 16:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 29.03.2008 04:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JoeS to
    >> generate the following:? :

    well - we have at least that last one in common.... I also just lay down
    and wait (in ecstasy) for them to do their worst!

    reg

  9. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 29.03.2008 11:49, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >> Nope. If I went out side my Yard until I as about 10-11 I got my tail
    >> whipped, by my folks.

    > you have a tail!? I always knew you were strange but you
    > just proved it. loloti

    Everyone has a tail, it's either prehensil or not. :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  10. Re: Is secnews down?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 26.03.2008 22:23, JoeS wrote:

    You really shouldn't egg them on like that.
    --
    Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", still
    Email not munged, SpamAssassin [tm] in effect.

  11. Re: Is secnews down?

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Shari Lewis? Bob Smith?

    He's called Buffalo Bob Smith because he really is from Buffalo. The
    Buffalo Broadcasters Hall of Fame have a "Buffalo Bob Smith" award for
    someone who passed through Buffalo and gained fame elsewhere.

    > Hey, you kids -- get off my lawn!
    >
    > Let's talk "Kukla, Fran and Ollie".

    Kukla and Ollie even appeared on at least one episode of the '70s-'80s
    version of _Match Game_. An episode is on a "Best Of" DVD compilation.
    --
    Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", still
    Email not munged, SpamAssassin [tm] in effect.
    http://www.gleepy.net/ mailto:gleepy@intelligencia.com
    mailto:gleepy@gleepy.net (and others) Yahoo!: gleepythehen

  12. Re: Is secnews down?

    Hopalong Cassidy (William Boyd changed his name), saw him up close at circus
    Tex Ritter (already mentioned but his son was John Ritter of Three's Company)

  13. Re: Is secnews down?

    Captain Video
    Outer Limits
    Dave Garaway
    Steve Allan
    Johnny Carson
    You Bet Your Life (Groucho Marx)

  14. Re: Is secnews down?

    That was was waste missed a lot here
    http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2...3182355AAzmHim

  15. Re: Is secnews down?

    Western Wrangler

  16. Re: Is secnews down?

    *-* On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:27:42 -0400,
    *-* In Article FNqdnQJBlb1iEXDanZ2dnUVZ_o-mnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote
    *-* About Re: Is secnews down?

    > Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    [ ... ]

> [...]

    You're just a baaaby. ;-) I'll be 67 Friday, and there are
    others here (Jay, BeeNeR, Irwin) who can call me a baaaby. :-D

    >>> Shari Lewis? Bob Smith?

    >>> Hey, you kids -- get off my lawn!

    >>> Let's talk "Kukla, Fran and Ollie".

    >> Yeah! And Flesh, err, Flash Gordon, and Tom Mix, and Plunk your
    >> magic twanger, Froggy!

    > The Lone Ranger
    > My Friend Flicka
    > Sky King
    > Rin Tin Tin
    > Lost in Space
    > The Mark of Zorro
    > Captain Kangaroo.
    > Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
    > Wyatt Earp
    > Paladin

    The title of the show was actually "Have Gun, Will Travel".

    > The Rifleman
    > Bat Masterson
    > The Mavericks (Bret and Bart)
    > Wells Fargo
    > The Virginian
    > Rawhide.
    > Roy Rodgers & Dale Evans.
    > Gunsmoke.
    > Steve Allen
    > Uncle Milty
    > Twilight Zone
    > Perry Como
    > The Andy Griff show.
    > Andy Williams

    > I might can think of some more off the top of my head but my head's
    > sore from remembering these. :-D

    The Range Rider (starring Jock Mahoney)
    The Cisco Kid (starring Duncan Renaldo, with Leo Carillo as his
    sidekick Pancho)
    Fury
    Death Valley Days
    The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickock

    Then there were the radio shows of the late '40s and early '50s.

    Bobby Benson
    Green Hornet (later also a TV series)
    Straight Arrow (sponsored by Nabisco Shredded Wheat)
    Sky King (several years before it was a TV series)

    There were others (e.g., Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger) but those
    four are the ones I remember listening to.

    Trivia:

    1. What was the relationship between The Green Hornet and another
    radio/comic book/TV hero of the day?
    2. Who played Gunsmoke's Matt Dillon on the radio?
    3. The stars of two of the listed TV shows are closely related.
    Who are they and how are they related?

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  17. Re: Is secnews down?

    *-* On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:18:49 -0400,
    *-* In Article JsOdnTlgveiEKHDanZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* JoeS wrote
    *-* About Re: Is secnews down?

    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    [ ... ]

    >>> Shari Lewis? Bob Smith?

    >>> Hey, you kids -- get off my lawn!

    >>> Let's talk "Kukla, Fran and Ollie".

    >> I remember them as well

    > Well, how about these:
    > # Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour, which began on radio in the
    > 1930s under original host Major Bowes
    > # The Morey Amsterdam Show, a comedy/variety show hosted by Morey
    > Amsterdam, which started on CBS before moving to DuMont in 1949
    > # Captain Video and His Video Rangers, a hugely popular kids'
    > science fiction series[14][15]
    > # The Arthur Murray Party, a dance program
    > # With This Ring, a panel show on marriage
    > # Rocky King, Inside Detective, a private eye series starring Roscoe
    > Karns
    > # The Plainclothesman, a camera's-eye-view detective series

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuMont_Television_Network

    > BTW Happy Birthday Phillip.

    Captain Video and Arthur Murray are the only ones from that list
    that I remember watching. I knew about Ted Mack's show but I don't
    remember ever watching it.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  18. OT was Re: Is secnews down?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 29.03.2008 16:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    > Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 29.03.2008 04:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JoeS to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    Is that the wild, wild women you lay down for, reg, or the school bullies??

    Daniel

  19. Re: OT was Re: Is secnews down?

    On 30.03.2008 11:36, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 29.03.2008 16:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Phillip M.
    >> Jones, C.E.T to generate the following:? :

    women, Daniel-- note the "in ecstasy" bit. Never ever laid down for
    Playground Bullies - I crawled, as soon as they came on the scene. Made
    life easier :-)

    reg

  20. Re: Is secnews down?

    On 30.03.2008 07:24, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ken Whiton to
    generate the following:? :
    > *-* On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:18:49 -0400,
    > *-* In Article JsOdnTlgveiEKHDanZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* JoeS wrote
    > *-* About Re: Is secnews down?
    >

    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >>
    >>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>>

    > [ ... ]

    >>> I remember them as well
    >>>

    >> Well, how about these:
    >> # Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour, which began on radio in the
    >> 1930s under original host Major Bowes
    >> # The Morey Amsterdam Show, a comedy/variety show hosted by Morey
    >> Amsterdam, which started on CBS before moving to DuMont in 1949
    >> # Captain Video and His Video Rangers, a hugely popular kids'
    >> science fiction series[14][15]
    >> # The Arthur Murray Party, a dance program
    >> # With This Ring, a panel show on marriage
    >> # Rocky King, Inside Detective, a private eye series starring Roscoe
    >> Karns
    >> # The Plainclothesman, a camera's-eye-view detective series
    >>

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuMont_Television_Network
    >>

    >> BTW Happy Birthday Phillip.
    >>

    > Captain Video and Arthur Murray are the only ones from that list
    > that I remember watching. I knew about Ted Mack's show but I don't
    > remember ever watching it.
    >
    > Ken Whiton
    >
    > FIDO: 1:132/152
    > InterNet: kenwhiton@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

    hmmmm, Ken! Getting old and forgetful, are we??

    reg