some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committing aserious crime - Mozilla

This is a discussion on some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committing aserious crime - Mozilla ; The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying. This false lol is a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

  1. some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committing aserious crime

    The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the
    Mozilla newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you
    really Laughing Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other
    words, you've been lying. This false lol is a class G felony
    punishable by permanent IP banning and in rare cases death
    by pwnage.

    The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is
    Laughing On the Inside.

    For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    On or about 2/29/2008 2:19 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo penned the
    following:
    > The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    > newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing Out
    > Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying. This
    > false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning and in
    > rare cases death by pwnage.
    >
    > The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    > Inside.
    >
    > For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/

    Perhaps they're really saying "Lots Of Love"?

    --
    Ed, W3BNR
    Looking for FREE software - here's my list:

    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

  3. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    On 29.02.2008 01:19, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

  4. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    On 29-02-2008 08:19 CET, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo composed this
    enchanting statement:
    > The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    > newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing
    > Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying.
    > This false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning
    > and in rare cases death by pwnage.
    >
    > The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    > Inside.
    >
    > For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/

    Law, c'est /loi/ en Anglais... :-)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 29.02.2008 01:19, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    "In Internet security jargon, to "pwn" means "to compromise"
    or "to control", specifically another computer (server or
    PC), web site, gateway device, or application; it is
    synonymous with one of the definitions of hacking. An
    outside party who has "owned" or "pwned" a system has
    obtained unauthorized administrative control of the system."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwnage

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said the following on 2/29/2008 11:56 AM:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 29.02.2008 01:19, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    All your base are belong to us.

    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I Stopped to think but forgot to start again.

  7. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    > The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the
    > Mozilla newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you
    > really Laughing Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other
    > words, you've been lying. This false lol is a class G felony
    > punishable by permanent IP banning and in rare cases death
    > by pwnage.
    >
    > The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is
    > Laughing On the Inside.
    >
    > For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/

    The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!

    --
    Terry R.

  8. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing
    >> Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying.
    >> This false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning
    >> and in rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>
    >> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >> Inside.
    >>
    >> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>

    > The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    > NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!

    Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)

    These don't sound as good...

  9. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    The date and time was 2/29/2008 11:40 AM, and on a whim, Gordon Weast
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    >> the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >>> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing
    >>> Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying.
    >>> This false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning
    >>> and in rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>>
    >>> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >>> Inside.
    >>>
    >>> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>>

    >> The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    >> NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!
    >>

    > Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    > BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)
    >
    > These don't sound as good...

    I would think we should put ISM before any of those (Imagine Seeing
    Myself) ISMROTFL...

    --
    Terry R.

  10. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 2/29/2008 11:40 AM, and on a whim, Gordon Weast
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    >>> the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    >>> NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!
    >>>

    >> Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    >> BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)
    >>
    >> These don't sound as good...

    > I would think we should put ISM before any of those (Imagine Seeing
    > Myself) ISMROTFL...

    ISMROTFLMAO -- this is getting worse

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    pop wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo said the following on 2/29/2008 11:56 AM:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 29.02.2008 01:19, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    loi

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  12. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the
    >> Mozilla newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you
    >> really Laughing Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other
    >> words, you've been lying. This false lol is a class G felony
    >> punishable by permanent IP banning and in rare cases death
    >> by pwnage.
    >>
    >> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is
    >> Laughing On the Inside.
    >>
    >> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/

    > The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    > NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!

    It's become so hackneyed that in that case, I'll actually write out
    something like

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  13. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 2/29/2008 11:40 AM, and on a whim, Gordon Weast
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    >>> the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    >>> NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!
    >>>

    >> Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    >> BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)
    >>
    >> These don't sound as good...

    > I would think we should put ISM before any of those (Imagine Seeing
    > Myself) ISMROTFL...

    Anybody but me remember ROTFLMAOASTC?

    (rolling the floor laughing my ass off and scaring the cat)

    That goes back a ways.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  14. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 2/29/2008 11:40 AM, and on a whim, Gordon Weast
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    >>> BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)
    >>>
    >>> These don't sound as good...

    >> I would think we should put ISM before any of those (Imagine Seeing
    >> Myself) ISMROTFL...
    >>

    > ISMROTFLMAO -- this is getting worse

    Your fault, Peter, you started this thread!

    Or should that be YFPYSTT!

    Daniel

  15. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    BeeNeR wrote:
    > On or about 2/29/2008 2:19 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo penned the
    > following:
    >> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing Out
    >> Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying. This
    >> false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning and in
    >> rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>
    >> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >> Inside.
    >>
    >> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>

    > Perhaps they're really saying "Lots Of Love"?

    But that would make LOLROTF, into "Lots of Love, Rolling on the Floor".
    I don't think we want to go there.

    Lee

  16. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > BeeNeR wrote:
    >> On or about 2/29/2008 2:19 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo penned the
    >> following:
    >>> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >>> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing Out
    >>> Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying. This
    >>> false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning and in
    >>> rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>>
    >>> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >>> Inside.
    >>>
    >>> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>>

    >> Perhaps they're really saying "Lots Of Love"?
    >>

    > But that would make LOLROTF, into "Lots of Love, Rolling on the Floor".
    > I don't think we want to go there.
    >
    > Lee

    *LOL* -- and yes, I was actually laughing out loud on that.
    That was a good one Lee. Thanks for the humor. These
    groups need a little fun.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
    reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
    banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  17. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 2/28/2008 11:19 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing
    >> Out Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying.
    >> This false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning
    >> and in rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>
    >> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >> Inside.
    >>
    >> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>

    > The only time I use it is when I actually make an audible laugh. I
    > NEVER believe those who use ROTFL!

    What do you really think people are doing when they are ROTFLMAO.

  18. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    On or about 2/29/2008 7:19 PM, Leonidas Jones penned the following:
    > BeeNeR wrote:
    >> On or about 2/29/2008 2:19 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo penned the
    >> following:
    >>> The vast majority of you who have be using "lol" within the Mozilla
    >>> newsgroups are committing a serious crime. Are you really Laughing Out
    >>> Loud? Chance are you're not. In other words, you've been lying. This
    >>> false lol is a class G felony punishable by permanent IP banning and in
    >>> rare cases death by pwnage.
    >>>
    >>> The correct term that should be used is "loi" which is Laughing On the
    >>> Inside.
    >>>
    >>> For more details, see: http://nomorelol.com/
    >>>

    >> Perhaps they're really saying "Lots Of Love"?
    >>

    > But that would make LOLROTF, into "Lots of Love, Rolling on the Floor".
    > I don't think we want to go there.
    >
    > Lee

    Perhaps not, but think of all the fun it could be with the right
    partner.

    --
    Ed, W3BNR

    Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back,
    you'll enjoy it a second time.

  19. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 2/29/2008 11:40 AM, and on a whim, Gordon Weast
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> Hmmm, RITCL (Rolling in the Chair Laughing)
    >>> BITCL (Bouncing in the Chair Laughing)
    >>>
    >>> These don't sound as good...

    >> I would think we should put ISM before any of those (Imagine Seeing
    >> Myself) ISMROTFL...
    >>

    > ISMROTFLMAO -- this is getting worse

    I have in one case in Real life actually did ROTFLMAO.

    Situation when happened:

    when I was working as an Electronics Tech, I use to go into a
    Electronics Parts Distribution store.

    They had this customer, every time he came in and was asked what he
    needed, would always answer "Well, I could always use some more brains."

    So the proprietor decided to stop him from keep repeating that phrase
    because it got on everyone's nerve's

    So he went to the Grocery store and bought a can of Rose brand Pork
    Brains.

    Then one day the fellow came in while there was several people there
    including myself.

    So the fellow asked what can I get you today and called the man's name.

    The fellow said "well I could always use some more Brains".

    At that point he reached under the counter, got the can of Brains,
    slapped it on the counter in front of the man. And said "what else for
    you today?"

    well the fellows jaw dropped and everyone including myself were
    ROLFLOAO. I was ROTFLMAO along with them.

    It did cure the fellow from repeating that stupid remark though.

  20. Re: some of you within the Mozilla newsgroups have been committinga serious crime

    BeeNeR wrote:
    > On or about 2/29/2008 7:19 PM, Leonidas Jones penned the following:
    >> BeeNeR wrote:
    >>> On or about 2/29/2008 2:19 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo penned the
    >>> following:

    >>> Perhaps they're really saying "Lots Of Love"?
    >>>

    >> But that would make LOLROTF, into "Lots of Love, Rolling on the Floor".
    >> I don't think we want to go there.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Perhaps not, but think of all the fun it could be with the right
    > partner.

    LOLROTFWRP