someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla ; Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: > This was just pointed out to me: http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/ . > > If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission btw], then > he definitely needs to get a life. > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 280

  1. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > This was just pointed out to me: http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
    >
    > If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission btw], then
    > he definitely needs to get a life.
    >
    > And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.

    I would say that you have very thin skin

  2. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 06.11.2007 19:29 UK Time, Nir wrote:
    > Herb wrote, On 11/06/2007 11:40 PM:
    >> On 06.11.2007 16:28 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> This was just pointed out to me: http://peter-at-his-best.blogspot.com/.
    >>>
    >>> If this person needs to discuss me [and without my permission
    >>> btw], then he definitely needs to get a life.
    >>>
    >>> And to the blogger: thanks for the insult.
    >>>

    >> The person appears to be Nir, who in my experience (if it is indeed
    >> the same Nir

    > Indeed , it's me .
    >
    >> ) is always very helpful and knowledgeable in these groups.
    >>
    >> The blog dates back to 24 August - what the h... is it all about?
    >>

    > You may get some relevance , see
    >
    > "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/2e1df2e521f039fc/4bc4eadcbe5a6921?lnk=gst&q=send+link+starts+IE+55+times#4bc4eadcbe5a6921"

    Thanks for the link.

    However, I only started following and contributing to mozilla.general in
    mid/late October and I therefore missed the whole previous history and
    atmosphere that I assume must have developed over time, culminating in
    this unfortunate situation.

    I find the situation very unfortunate and regrettable indeed, not least
    because, unlike in the recent 'AdF case' I can't and don't want to take
    sides because both your contributions and Peter Potamus's contributions
    at mozilla.support.thunderbird and mozilla.support.firefox have help me
    a great deal over recent months, and I always found the exchanges very
    professional and reasonable (apart from Peter Potamus's occasional
    outburst against Chris).

    Perhaps I missed some less desirable exchanges, or perhaps they were
    limited to mozilla.general, but in any case I sincerely hope the
    situation can be resolved somehow.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote in

    > I think you have more of a personal issue with Grant, and that
    > is causing you to not take issue with this.

    It's true I don't think much of him, but in this case he's
    blowing this issue all out of proportion.

    Look at it this way; no one here knew anything about this until
    he dragged it in here and started beating his chest. THAT should
    tell you something about "peter potamus."

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged.

  4. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >>> wrote in

    >>> No, he did not.
    >>> http://www.time.com/time/2007/einstein/3.html

    >> Forget it. He's rolling.
    >>
    >> (USan film reference.)
    >>

    > atleast I have the guts to say that I stand corrected.
    >
    > but he did fail his entrance exam to the SFIT: "Rather than
    > completing high school, Albert decided to apply directly to
    > the ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in
    > Zurich, Switzerland. Without a school certificate, he was
    > required to take an entrance examination, which he did not
    > pass . . . .":
    > http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/albert_Einstein

    He failed the entrance exam because it was in FRENCH. Einstein
    didn't know the language the first time he took the exam, at age
    16.

    http://www.myhero.com/myhero/hero.asp?hero=einstein
    http://web2.uwindsor.ca/courses/phys...ect/about.html

    On the advice of the headmaster, he took a year to prepare for
    the test, and passed it the second time, when he was 17 years
    old.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --
    Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    >> Well, "schmuck" is yiddish for "jewel," and "schmuck" is used
    >> a slur; to the detriment of entire families whose surname
    >> this is.
    >>
    >> But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act
    >> like an ass and not pay any price for it.

    > you're just about as bad as Nir is, calling people all sort
    > of idiotical names. Only you do it within the newsgroups
    > and not elsewhere. You've done it to me, and you've done it
    > to several other posters. Maybe you're just the poop-head
    > or ass.

    I have an intolerance for your kind of behavior, and I'm quick to
    smack you verbally. If that makes me a poop head or an ass, so
    be it.

    At least I knew that Einstein didn't fail math.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Plagiarism saves time.

  6. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote in

    > It's easy to see the derogatory remarks Nir made about Grant
    > in the blog. If someone needs it pointed out, it's just
    > because they have issues with Grant in general. THEY are the
    > ones who need to get over it.

    Actually, it's not so easy, even if you've never heard of Grant.
    There's nothing so insulting as to evoke the reaction it's
    getting.

    If you can demonstrate that the comments are insulting, do so.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the
    fuse by blowing first.

  7. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it
    >> as "jewel", I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    > if it was left as "jewel" then it could have been considered
    > as an insult, such as when he said: "but I always believe
    > that he is a jewel." Taken into context of what else was
    > said, that could mean that he considers I'm a simpleton.

    Not at all, "Peter." We all know that you're "special."
    Especially after the incident about developers who read this
    group.

    > Cause he sure didn't mean that I'm "person who is brilliant
    > and precious as a piece of jewellery."

    So, you're psychic now?

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    To be happy living in this world, there are sides of the soul
    one must entirely paralyze.

  8. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/8/2007 3:49 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote, On 11/08/2007 06:48 AM:
    >
    >> So, "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws...", "His contribution
    >> reset to zero", "...habit to rebuild himself...", "I really wonder
    >> how Peter managed to get passmark...". I don't see how only an
    >> egotist would consider it insulting. Wouldn't it piss you off a bit?

    > Let me complete those incomplete sentences this time

    Don't stand tall here and flex your English. I could correct just about
    every sentence you wrote below. Make your points and move on.

    > "...habit to rebuild himself..." : "And as Peter has a habit to rebuild
    > himself ( actually his name )" . He admitted here [1] that he used to
    > change his names.
    > So what makes it feel insulting to YOU ?

    Used to, as in past tense. He explained clearly why he did and hasn't
    done it since. That is NOT a habit.

    > "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws..." : "He is wasting
    > countless
    > hours to detect flaws in mozilla etiquette nd
    > cancellation policy" : He always opposes cancellation policy . We who
    > frequents these groups know this fact.

    You "who frequents" isn't everyone. Most who opposed it in the
    beginning oppose it still.

    > "I really wonder how Peter managed to get passmark..." : Indeed its an
    > insulting comment and the reason was this post [2] . If you don't like
    > to receive insulting comment then either don't insult others or get a
    > thick skin .

    Doesn't matter why. It's still insulting and you admit it. We could
    make derogatory comments about you, but we don't.

    > "His contribution reset to zero" : "And as Peter has a habit to rebuild
    > himself ( actually his name ) time to time and many *people fails to
    > relate two identity* , thats makes situation worse . His contribution
    > reset to zero ." : Peter starts from scratch when
    > he uses a new name .

    You're the only one who reads it that way. To me, someone who's
    "contribution (is) reset to zero", is worthless.

    >> I'm sure Nir wouldn't say that to Grant's face. I figure if a person
    >>

    > Huh! If you were little more careful , you would find that I posted
    > those three blog entries almost as soon as Peter pointed out my blog
    > profile [3] . As he was so much interested in my blogs , i was
    > expecting that he will find it himself as all blogs of same author
    > listed under his profile . But seems like he lost all interest in my
    > blogs just after posting those links .

    You need to comprehend better. "I posted", is NOT saying it to a persons
    face. You are hiding behind the security of the internet, feeling free
    to type whatever you want. If I post something to someone, I make sure
    I would say the same thing if they were standing in front of me. You
    should do the same.

    >> couldn't say it to someones face, don't say it. But the internet now
    >> has all these little people hiding behind computers, thinking they
    >> can do or say anything they want.
    >>
    >> If Nir is supposed to be a representative of this server, writing
    >> crap like that should cost him his job. But I guess it's okay to jab
    >> contributors, as long as you're untouchable in another country.
    >>
    >> Not to mention his favorite music is Celine Dion! ;-)

    > My favorite music is "favorite music is Celine Dion" ! I thought it was
    > written as
    > "A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion" .

    What are you trying to correct, your posting? I stated what is on your
    blog, less the song name.

    --
    Terry R.

  9. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Terry R. wrote, On 11/08/2007 10:04 PM:
    > On 11/8/2007 3:49 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote, On 11/08/2007 06:48 AM:
    >>
    >>> So, "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws...", "His
    >>> contribution reset to zero", "...habit to rebuild himself...", "I
    >>> really wonder how Peter managed to get passmark...". I don't see
    >>> how only an egotist would consider it insulting. Wouldn't it piss
    >>> you off a bit?

    >> Let me complete those incomplete sentences this time

    > Don't stand tall here and flex your English. I could correct just
    > about every sentence you wrote below. Make your points and move on.

    If you don't like it, oh well. But don't cry about it

    >> "...habit to rebuild himself..." : "And as Peter has a habit to
    >> rebuild himself ( actually his name )" . He admitted here [1] that
    >> he used to change his names. So what makes it feel insulting to
    >> YOU ?
    >>

    > Used to, as in past tense. He explained clearly why he did and hasn't
    > done it since. That is NOT a habit.

    He only agreed that he had changed his name in three different times .
    But he DIDN'T explained why he did and why hasn't done same since then .

    >> "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws..." : "He is
    >> wasting countless hours to detect flaws in mozilla etiquette nd
    >> cancellation policy" : He always opposes cancellation policy . We
    >> who frequents these groups know this fact.

    > You "who frequents" isn't everyone. Most who opposed it in the
    > beginning oppose it still.

    If you regularly read posts you should be aware of group's atmosphere .
    It doesn't matter on which side you are standing .

    >> "I really wonder how Peter managed to get passmark..." : Indeed its
    >> an insulting comment and the reason was this post [2] . If you
    >> don't like to receive insulting comment then either don't insult
    >> others or get a thick skin .
    >>

    > Doesn't matter why. It's still insulting and you admit it. We could
    > make derogatory comments about you, but we don't.

    Doesn't matter why !! Again it reminds me your words :
    Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    --
    [1] "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/376d059fa2ffda4a"

  10. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/8/2007 9:48 AM On a whim, Nir pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote, On 11/08/2007 10:04 PM:

    >>> Let me complete those incomplete sentences this time

    >> Don't stand tall here and flex your English. I could correct just
    >> about every sentence you wrote below. Make your points and move on.

    > If you don't like it, oh well. But don't cry about it

    Learn the difference between crying and making a statement. "Pot calling
    the kettle black". Understand that? You inspire to correct my English.

    >>> "...habit to rebuild himself..." : "And as Peter has a habit to
    >>> rebuild himself ( actually his name )" . He admitted here [1] that
    >>> he used to change his names. So what makes it feel insulting to
    >>> YOU ?
    >>>

    >> Used to, as in past tense. He explained clearly why he did and hasn't
    >> done it since. That is NOT a habit.

    > He only agreed that he had changed his name in three different times .
    > But he DIDN'T explained why he did and why hasn't done same since then .

    How long ago? How is that habitual?

    >>> "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws..." : "He is
    >>> wasting countless hours to detect flaws in mozilla etiquette nd
    >>> cancellation policy" : He always opposes cancellation policy . We
    >>> who frequents these groups know this fact.

    >> You "who frequents" isn't everyone. Most who opposed it in the
    >> beginning oppose it still.

    > If you regularly read posts you should be aware of group's atmosphere .

    Yes, sterile.

    > It doesn't matter on which side you are standing .

    It most absolutely does. The policies and how they are enforced puts it
    "us" against "you". We saw it one way, you (and Chris & Q) saw it
    another (past tense since most of those involved no longer participate).

    >>> "I really wonder how Peter managed to get passmark..." : Indeed its
    >>> an insulting comment and the reason was this post [2] . If you
    >>> don't like to receive insulting comment then either don't insult
    >>> others or get a thick skin .
    >>>

    >> Doesn't matter why. It's still insulting and you admit it. We could
    >> make derogatory comments about you, but we don't.

    > Doesn't matter why !! Again it reminds me your words :
    > Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    It doesn't matter BECAUSE THE POINT WAS it was an insult. Your reason
    for an insult is irrelevant.

    --
    Terry R.

  11. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote:

    > On 11/7/2007 3:29 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    > > "Terry R." wrote:
    > >
    > >> On 11/7/2007 12:53 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard

    > >> Come on. I suppose you haven't heard terms with "black" in them.

    > > Sure I have.
    > >
    > >> And they're always about the "odd one", the "loser", the "bad one".

    > > Nope.

    > Okay. Well snip out my example to pretend ignorance.

    One example doesn't provide any support for your claim of "always", so
    I snipped it as irrelevant.

    > And "yes", they are.

    No.

    > > But I was asking about "jewel", which Peter says is derogatory. If
    > > it actually is, maybe you or he will provide some evidence.
    > >

    > We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it as
    > "jewel", I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    Yes, I was talking about "jewel". Reread my quoted text to which you
    replied.

    > >> Doesn't matter. Nir took a jab.

    > > But it's not an insult to say someone isn't good at mathematics.
    > > Surely you've seen Peter's struggles with logic here.

    > And let's sidetrack the discussion. I know wizards at math that have
    > no logic sense at all, and the reverse is also true.

    There was no sidetrack; it remains no insult to point out that someone
    isn't good at math.

    > It's easy to see the derogatory remarks Nir made about Grant in the
    > blog.

    Sure, pretty mild stuff. Certainly nothing to get hysterical about.

    > If someone needs it pointed out, it's just because they have
    > issues with Grant in general.

    Much of what's been claimed here was fabricated nonsense. I've asked
    how "jewel" is used as a slur, and gotten no answer.

    > THEY are the ones who need to get over it.

    It was Peter who wanted to advertise the blog here and get people
    talking about it. I found the stuff funny at the time, but I had
    completely forgotten about it.

  12. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:09:06 -0600
    Christopher Jahn wrote:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote in
    >
    > > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > >> Forget it. He's rolling.
    > >>
    > >> (USan film reference.)

    > > atleast I have the guts to say that I stand corrected.

    You had been advised to verify it /before/ you posted it the first
    time, after Phillip had posted the myth.

    > > but he did fail his entrance exam to the SFIT: "Rather than
    > > completing high school, Albert decided to apply directly to
    > > the ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in
    > > Zurich, Switzerland. Without a school certificate, he was
    > > required to take an entrance examination, which he did not
    > > pass . . . .":
    > > http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/albert_Einstein

    > He failed the entrance exam because it was in FRENCH. Einstein
    > didn't know the language the first time he took the exam, at age
    > 16.

    And he nevertheless excelled at the mathematics and physics part of the
    ETH entrance exam, at 16.

  13. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Herb wrote:

    > However, I only started following and contributing to mozilla.general
    > in mid/late October and I therefore missed the whole previous history
    > and atmosphere that I assume must have developed over time,
    > culminating in this unfortunate situation.

    Mostly it's ok in here. You can avoid this stuff by just killing a
    thread once someone starts whining, and stick to more interesting
    threads.

  14. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/8/2007 11:55 AM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard

    > "Terry R." wrote:

    >>> Sure I have.

    >>> Nope.

    >> Okay. Well snip out my example to pretend ignorance.

    > One example doesn't provide any support for your claim of "always", so
    > I snipped it as irrelevant.

    One example is good enough, when referring to people, and that's what we
    were discussing. You look up black sheep online and tell me what comes
    back. Blinky's examples weren't about people; "black gold", "in the
    black", different references. Nir said, "...jewel (Black Diamond)". To
    me, it was derogatory, especially when followed by, "He is wasting...",
    "Poor Peter...". If Nir would have built Grant up, then "jewel"
    possibly could have been considered a compliment. Do you really think
    "Q is a jewel", and "Q is a jewel (black diamond)" can be taken the
    same? I take the second one as a sarcastic remark. Kind of like, "Nir
    has a lot of class. All low." The first part can be considered a
    compliment, but the 2nd part turns the sentence around. To ME, that's
    what Nir did by saying, "...jewel (black diamond)".

    >> And "yes", they are.

    > No.
    >
    >>> But I was asking about "jewel", which Peter says is derogatory. If
    >>> it actually is, maybe you or he will provide some evidence.
    >>>

    >> We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it as
    >> "jewel", I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    > Yes, I was talking about "jewel". Reread my quoted text to which you
    > replied.

    Yes, you did speak of "jewel". I took the whole context of it, with
    black diamond correlating to jewel.

    >>> But it's not an insult to say someone isn't good at mathematics.
    >>> Surely you've seen Peter's struggles with logic here.

    >> And let's sidetrack the discussion. I know wizards at math that have
    >> no logic sense at all, and the reverse is also true.

    > There was no sidetrack; it remains no insult to point out that someone
    > isn't good at math.

    One comment maybe. But Nir made more than one. The totality of all of
    them makes it insulting.

    >> It's easy to see the derogatory remarks Nir made about Grant in the
    >> blog.

    > Sure, pretty mild stuff. Certainly nothing to get hysterical about.
    >
    >> If someone needs it pointed out, it's just because they have
    >> issues with Grant in general.

    > Much of what's been claimed here was fabricated nonsense. I've asked
    > how "jewel" is used as a slur, and gotten no answer.

    If "jewel" was used with further compliments, I would agree. But in this
    case it was used in a derogatory manner.

    >> THEY are the ones who need to get over it.

    > It was Peter who wanted to advertise the blog here and get people
    > talking about it. I found the stuff funny at the time, but I had
    > completely forgotten about it.

    I guess I read it before Grant did, because I sent him the link and then
    he posted this. Like I said before, I feel the people who are making
    light of it are those who take issue with Grant in general, and consider
    it funny.

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Q wrote in
    news:20071108140047.0fca70fa@bellgrove.remarqs.ne t:

    >> > but he did fail his entrance exam to the SFIT: "Rather than
    >> > completing high school, Albert decided to apply directly to
    >> > the ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
    >> > in Zurich, Switzerland. Without a school certificate, he
    >> > was required to take an entrance examination, which he did
    >> > not pass . . . .":
    >> > http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/albert_Einstein

    >> He failed the entrance exam because it was in FRENCH.
    >> Einstein didn't know the language the first time he took the
    >> exam, at age 16.

    > And he nevertheless excelled at the mathematics and physics
    > part of the ETH entrance exam, at 16.

    The truth is almost always more compelling than the crap people
    make up because it soothes their ego. Better to say that "he
    failed math tests" than point out that he was attempting to skip
    from high school to college, and only a language barrier slowed
    did not stop him.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if you don't take it out and use
    it it's going to rust.

  16. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote:

    > On 11/8/2007 11:55 AM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    > > One example doesn't provide any support for your claim of "always",
    > > so I snipped it as irrelevant.

    > One example is good enough, when referring to people, and that's what
    > we were discussing.

    One example (or two or four) is /never/ good enough when you're making a
    claim of "always". And generalizing to "always" based on examples is a
    bad idea, in this case leading to two people getting all bent out of
    shape for no good reason.

    > You look up black sheep online and tell me what comes back.

    Why? Was somebody arguing with you about black sheep?

    > >> We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it as
    > >> "jewel", I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    > > Yes, I was talking about "jewel". Reread my quoted text to which
    > > you replied.

    > Yes, you did speak of "jewel".

    Yes. I see Peter has said now why he considers "jewel" offensive when
    it's used to describe him.

    > One comment maybe. But Nir made more than one. The totality of all of
    > them makes it insulting.

    Heh, I guess that explains a lot. The comments themselves aren't
    insulting, but placed in paragraphs they're something to scream about.

    > I guess I read it before Grant did, because I sent him the link and
    > then he posted this.

    Ah, I thought it was only Peter who wanted to stir the pot and you came
    in later to help. Thanks for clarifying.

  17. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote in

    >> There was no sidetrack; it remains no insult to point out
    >> that someone isn't good at math.

    > One comment maybe. But Nir made more than one. The totality of
    > all of them makes it insulting.

    That's a stupid statement. Commenting that someone sucks at math
    does not turn it from an accurate observation into an insult
    simply because it's noted on more than one occasion. There might
    be a way to turn it into an insult, you haven't illustrated it.

    Peter is full of himself, Nir was pricking his ego. That's it.
    It's not a "contest of wills" or "a struggle for the moral high
    ground." The only thing that this exchange has proved is that
    Peter has no sense of humor, and less class.

    After all, no one here ever discovered this blog in the 2 1/2
    months it's been on the internet. Peter himself found it, and
    dragged it out, and made a big deal out of it all by himself.
    The blog doesn't mention place, or give an outsider any
    identifying clues that lead you to "Peter Potamus." He chose not
    only to let everyone know that the blog was about him, but to
    lead us to the damned thing at all.

    No, Peter deserves not one ounce of sympathy; this "insult" is
    his own creation.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.

  18. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Q wrote in
    news:20071108163236.3ca48b03@bellgrove.remarqs.ne t:

    >> One comment maybe. But Nir made more than one. The totality
    >> of all of them makes it insulting.

    > Heh, I guess that explains a lot. The comments themselves
    > aren't insulting, but placed in paragraphs they're something
    > to scream about.

    ROTLMAO!!

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    I... have become... comfortably numb

  19. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/8/2007 2:32 PM On a whim, Christopher Jahn pounded out on the keyboard

    > Q wrote in
    > news:20071108140047.0fca70fa@bellgrove.remarqs.ne t:

    >>> He failed the entrance exam because it was in FRENCH.
    >>> Einstein didn't know the language the first time he took the
    >>> exam, at age 16.

    >> And he nevertheless excelled at the mathematics and physics
    >> part of the ETH entrance exam, at 16.
    >>

    > The truth is almost always more compelling than the crap people
    > make up because it soothes their ego. Better to say that "he
    > failed math tests" than point out that he was attempting to skip
    > from high school to college, and only a language barrier slowed
    > did not stop him.

    I had heard the "crap" and believed it until now. It wasn't a big deal
    to me to search out whether it was true or not. So new things learned
    every day!

    --
    Terry R.

  20. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/8/2007 2:32 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard

    > "Terry R." wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/8/2007 11:55 AM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> One example doesn't provide any support for your claim of "always",
    >>> so I snipped it as irrelevant.

    >> One example is good enough, when referring to people, and that's what
    >> we were discussing.

    > One example (or two or four) is /never/ good enough when you're making a
    > claim of "always". And generalizing to "always" based on examples is a
    > bad idea, in this case leading to two people getting all bent out of
    > shape for no good reason.
    >
    >> You look up black sheep online and tell me what comes back.

    > Why? Was somebody arguing with you about black sheep?

    Well, then to be exacting, what is a "black diamond"? It is an inferior
    diamond. You don't consider that an insult? Calling someone a "jewel"
    and then a "black diamond"? Ah, precious, but inferior...

    >>> Yes, I was talking about "jewel". Reread my quoted text to which
    >>> you replied.

    >> Yes, you did speak of "jewel".

    > Yes. I see Peter has said now why he considers "jewel" offensive when
    > it's used to describe him.

    And "black diamond" was calling him of lower quality. Nir knew exactly
    what he was saying.

    >> One comment maybe. But Nir made more than one. The totality of all of
    >> them makes it insulting.

    > Heh, I guess that explains a lot. The comments themselves aren't
    > insulting, but placed in paragraphs they're something to scream about.
    >
    >> I guess I read it before Grant did, because I sent him the link and
    >> then he posted this.

    > Ah, I thought it was only Peter who wanted to stir the pot and you came
    > in later to help. Thanks for clarifying.

    I guess if you paid attention to his first post you would have read
    where it was "pointed out" to him.

    --
    Terry R.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast