someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla ; Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote: > Tom Liotta wrote: > > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: > > > >> Einstein and folks of his type couldn't pass regular school test. > >> And was made fun of. But ...

  1. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    wrote:

    > Tom Liotta wrote:
    > > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > >
    > >> Einstein and folks of his type couldn't pass regular school test.
    > >> And was made fun of. But implying he would be dumb because he
    > >> couldn't pass test.

    > > You _might_ want to verify the "Einstein" part of that before using
    > > it again.
    > >

    > Einstein flunked high school math

    Heh, you _might_ want to verify that before using it again.

  2. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/7/2007 12:53 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
    >> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
    >> remarks. Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
    >> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

    > Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    > a slur? I've never come across it.

    Come on. I suppose you haven't heard terms with "black" in them. And
    they're always about the "odd one", the "loser", the "bad one". How
    about, "He's the 'black sheep' of the family". I took it the same way
    Peter did.

    >> He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to
    >> get passmark"

    > Nah, plenty of people who aren't stupid aren't good at mathematics.

    Doesn't matter. Nir took a jab. It would be like me stating that Nir
    obviously didn't pass English, if I was going by what he posts in these
    groups (yes, I'm aware of the 2nd language issue).

    > Meh, I think you're just very easily outraged.

    Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    "Terry R." wrote:

    > On 11/7/2007 12:53 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    > > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
    > >> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
    > >> remarks. Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
    > >> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

    > > Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    > > a slur? I've never come across it.

    > Come on. I suppose you haven't heard terms with "black" in them.

    Sure I have.

    > And they're always about the "odd one", the "loser", the "bad one".

    Nope.

    But I was asking about "jewel", which Peter says is derogatory. If it
    actually is, maybe you or he will provide some evidence.

    > >> He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to
    > >> get passmark"

    > > Nah, plenty of people who aren't stupid aren't good at mathematics.

    > Doesn't matter. Nir took a jab.

    But it's not an insult to say someone isn't good at mathematics.
    Surely you've seen Peter's struggles with logic here.

    > > Meh, I think you're just very easily outraged.

    > Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    No, it's not difficult to see a legit case for outrage when it's not
    about me. I don't see one here though.

  4. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Q wrote:
    > "Terry R." wrote:
    >>> Meh, I think you're just very easily outraged.

    >> Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    > No, it's not difficult to see a legit case for outrage when it's not
    > about me. I don't see one here though.

    maybe to you it wasn't, but to someone else, especially to
    the person it was directed at, it was.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote in

    > He called me stupid by his phrase of "how Peter managed to
    > get passmark"

    Honestly, we've all wondered the same thing.

    You shouldn't post on newsgroups if your skin is really this
    thin.

    You'll get no sympathy from me.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Vote Cthulhu! Why choose the lesser evil?

  6. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Q wrote in news:20071107145322.326b6b74
    @bellgrove.remarqs.net:

    >> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
    >> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
    >> remarks. Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
    >> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

    > Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    > a slur? I've never come across it.

    Well, "schmuck" is yiddish for "jewel," and "schmuck" is used a
    slur; to the detriment of entire families whose surname this is.

    But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act like an
    ass and not pay any price for it.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and
    stupidity.

  7. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    wrote:

    > Q wrote:
    > >> Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    > > No, it's not difficult to see a legit case for outrage when it's not
    > > about me. I don't see one here though.

    > maybe to you it wasn't, but to someone else, especially to
    > the person it was directed at, it was.

    That doesn't make sense. It /was/ difficult for the person to see a
    legit case for outrage?

    If you meant the opposite, that's why I wrote about you being very
    easily outraged.

  8. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    > Q wrote:
    >>> Always easily said when it isn't about you, isn't it.

    >> No, it's not difficult to see a legit case for outrage when
    >> it's not about me. I don't see one here though.

    > maybe to you it wasn't, but to someone else, especially to
    > the person it was directed at, it was.

    Grow up, already. You didn't get any more than you deserved, and
    it took you months to discover it.

    Frankly, only a toweringly egotistical jerk could possible find
    those blog entries "insulting." But then, it IS you, isn't it?

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    No matter where you go... there you are.

  9. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/7/2007 3:29 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard

    > "Terry R." wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/7/2007 12:53 PM On a whim, Q pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    >>> Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    >>> a slur? I've never come across it.

    >> Come on. I suppose you haven't heard terms with "black" in them.

    > Sure I have.
    >
    >> And they're always about the "odd one", the "loser", the "bad one".

    > Nope.

    Okay. Well snip out my example to pretend ignorance. And "yes", they are.

    > But I was asking about "jewel", which Peter says is derogatory. If it
    > actually is, maybe you or he will provide some evidence.

    We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it as "jewel",
    I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    >>> Nah, plenty of people who aren't stupid aren't good at mathematics.

    >> Doesn't matter. Nir took a jab.

    > But it's not an insult to say someone isn't good at mathematics.
    > Surely you've seen Peter's struggles with logic here.

    And let's sidetrack the discussion. I know wizards at math that have no
    logic sense at all, and the reverse is also true.

    It's easy to see the derogatory remarks Nir made about Grant in the
    blog. If someone needs it pointed out, it's just because they have
    issues with Grant in general. THEY are the ones who need to get over it.

    --
    Terry R.

  10. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/7/2007 4:01 PM On a whim, Christopher Jahn pounded out on the keyboard

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote in
    >
    >> Q wrote:
    >>> No, it's not difficult to see a legit case for outrage when
    >>> it's not about me. I don't see one here though.

    >> maybe to you it wasn't, but to someone else, especially to
    >> the person it was directed at, it was.

    > Grow up, already. You didn't get any more than you deserved, and
    > it took you months to discover it.
    >
    > Frankly, only a toweringly egotistical jerk could possible find
    > those blog entries "insulting." But then, it IS you, isn't it?

    Chris,

    I think you have more of a personal issue with Grant, and that is
    causing you to not take issue with this.

    So, "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws...", "His contribution reset
    to zero", "...habit to rebuild himself...", "I really wonder how Peter
    managed to get passmark...". I don't see how only an egotist would
    consider it insulting. Wouldn't it piss you off a bit?

    I'm sure Nir wouldn't say that to Grant's face. I figure if a person
    couldn't say it to someones face, don't say it. But the internet now
    has all these little people hiding behind computers, thinking they can
    do or say anything they want.

    If Nir is supposed to be a representative of this server, writing crap
    like that should cost him his job. But I guess it's okay to jab
    contributors, as long as you're untouchable in another country.

    Not to mention his favorite music is Celine Dion! ;-)

    --
    Terry R.

  11. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > wrote in
    >
    >> Tom Liotta wrote:

    >>> You _might_ want to verify the "Einstein" part of that before
    >>> using it again.
    >>>

    >> Einstein flunked high school math
    >>

    > No, he did not.
    > http://www.time.com/time/2007/einstein/3.html

    Forget it. He's rolling.

    (USan film reference.)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  12. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/7/2007 Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act like an ass
    > and not pay any price for it.

    Gotta disagree with you on this one Chris. Problem is that Peter
    doesn't realize it when he's acting like an ass, which - unfortunately -
    occurs way to often in these newsgroups! Example: the very long thread
    in which Peter insisted that no developers read these newsgroups!

    --
    Irwin

  13. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    > Well, "schmuck" is yiddish for "jewel," and "schmuck" is used a
    > slur; to the detriment of entire families whose surname this is.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...shmuck+schmuck

    However Nir was speaking in English and for that you should be using
    an English dictionary. http://www.answers.com/topic/carbonado-1?cat=technology

    as to the connection to coal
    Railroad Language -- Lingo -- Dictionary
    http://catskillarchive.com/rrextra/glossry1.Html

  14. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Q wrote in news:20071107145322.326b6b74
    > @bellgrove.remarqs.net:
    >
    >>> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
    >>> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
    >>> remarks. Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
    >>> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

    >> Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    >> a slur? I've never come across it.

    > Well, "schmuck" is yiddish for "jewel," and "schmuck" is used a
    > slur; to the detriment of entire families whose surname this is.
    >
    > But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act like an
    > ass and not pay any price for it.

    you're just about as bad as Nir is, calling people all sort
    of idiotical names. Only you do it within the newsgroups
    and not elsewhere. You've done it to me, and you've done it
    to several other posters. Maybe you're just the poop-head
    or ass.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  15. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> wrote in

    >>> Einstein flunked high school math
    >>>

    >> No, he did not.
    >> http://www.time.com/time/2007/einstein/3.html

    > Forget it. He's rolling.
    >
    > (USan film reference.)

    atleast I have the guts to say that I stand corrected.

    but he did fail his entrance exam to the SFIT: "Rather than
    completing high school, Albert decided to apply directly to
    the ETH Zurich, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in
    Zurich, Switzerland. Without a school certificate, he was
    required to take an entrance examination, which he did not
    pass . . . .":
    http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/albert_Einstein

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  16. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Terry R. wrote:
    > Not to mention his favorite music is Celine Dion! ;-)

    Oh, right, yes, then that explains everything! ;-)

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  17. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 11/7/2007 Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act like an ass
    >> and not pay any price for it.

    > Gotta disagree with you on this one Chris. Problem is that Peter
    > doesn't realize it when he's acting like an ass, which - unfortunately -
    > occurs way to often in these newsgroups! Example: the very long thread
    > in which Peter insisted that no developers read these newsgroups!

    As far as I was concern, developers didn't read the
    newsgroups. However, someone provided me with proof that
    they do, and I stood corrected. All it took was one person
    to provide that little proof, and that entire thread could
    have been avoided. But no, instead, the everyone kept
    saying they do, but wouldn't provide that proof. I was
    being forced to believe their word in it. And in that
    thread, posters ended up calling me all sorts of name,
    because they wouldn't provide the proof. As a matter of
    fact, its the same people calling me names here as they do
    to many other posters.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Q wrote in news:20071107145322.326b6b74
    > @bellgrove.remarqs.net:
    >
    >>> He called me a "jewel" and even went so far as to make it a
    >>> "black diamond of a jewel", which both are very derogatory
    >>> remarks. Thats about as bad as me calling him mulatto,
    >>> Brown Sahib, a Golliwogg, or even a Buffie.

    >> Really? Can you provide some citation to show that "jewel" is a
    >> a slur? I've never come across it.

    > Well, "schmuck" is yiddish for "jewel," and "schmuck" is used a
    > slur; to the detriment of entire families whose surname this is.
    >
    > But Peter's just being a poop-head. He thinks he can act like an
    > ass and not pay any price for it.

    and I guess you're the most perfect poster around here.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  19. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Terry R. wrote:
    > We weren't talking about "jewel". If Nir would have left it as "jewel",
    > I doubt it would have been considered derogatory.

    if it was left as "jewel" then it could have been considered
    as an insult, such as when he said: "but I always believe
    that he is a jewel." Taken into context of what else was
    said, that could mean that he considers I'm a simpleton.
    Cause he sure didn't mean that I'm "person who is brilliant
    and precious as a piece of jewellery."

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  20. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Terry R. wrote, On 11/08/2007 06:48 AM:

    > So, "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws...", "His contribution
    > reset to zero", "...habit to rebuild himself...", "I really wonder
    > how Peter managed to get passmark...". I don't see how only an
    > egotist would consider it insulting. Wouldn't it piss you off a bit?

    Let me complete those incomplete sentences this time

    "...habit to rebuild himself..." : "And as Peter has a habit to rebuild
    himself ( actually his name )" . He admitted here [1] that he used to
    change his names.
    So what makes it feel insulting to YOU ?

    "wasting coutless hours to detect flaws..." : "He is wasting
    countless
    hours to detect flaws in mozilla etiquette nd
    cancellation policy" : He always opposes cancellation policy . We who
    frequents these groups know this fact.

    "I really wonder how Peter managed to get passmark..." : Indeed its an
    insulting comment and the reason was this post [2] . If you don't like
    to receive insulting comment then either don't insult others or get a
    thick skin .

    "His contribution reset to zero" : "And as Peter has a habit to rebuild
    himself ( actually his name ) time to time and many *people fails to
    relate two identity* , thats makes situation worse . His contribution
    reset to zero ." : Peter starts from scratch when
    he uses a new name .

    > I'm sure Nir wouldn't say that to Grant's face. I figure if a person

    Huh! If you were little more careful , you would find that I posted
    those three blog entries almost as soon as Peter pointed out my blog
    profile [3] . As he was so much interested in my blogs , i was
    expecting that he will find it himself as all blogs of same author
    listed under his profile . But seems like he lost all interest in my
    blogs just after posting those links .

    > couldn't say it to someones face, don't say it. But the internet now
    > has all these little people hiding behind computers, thinking they
    > can do or say anything they want.
    >
    > If Nir is supposed to be a representative of this server, writing
    > crap like that should cost him his job. But I guess it's okay to jab
    > contributors, as long as you're untouchable in another country.
    >
    > Not to mention his favorite music is Celine Dion! ;-)

    My favorite music is "favorite music is Celine Dion" ! I thought it was
    written as
    "A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion" .

    And Terry , no comment about my 'Favorite Movies' ! Oh ! You
    are so cruel :-P .

    -- [1] "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/8a108dcc1e97ac2d"
    [2] "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/6f173db956f33725"
    [3] "http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/7705dd3dceee4eb7"