someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on someone has the audacity to blog me!!!! - Mozilla ; On 28.11.2007 13:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to generate the following:? : > On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote: > > --- Original Message --- > > >> On or about 11/27/2007 10:31 PM, Ed ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 261 to 280 of 280

  1. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 28.11.2007 13:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote:

    >>> 2. pour in 2-3 teaspoons of Sambuca
    >>> 3. add 2 tablespoons of ice-cold vodka (from the freezer)
    >>> 4. top off (approximately 2 tablespoons) with cold orange juice
    >>> 5. drink while ice cold
    >>> 6. (Optional) Drink four more and fall over.
    >>>

    >> I prefer Old Overholt, a straight rye whisky, originally made in
    >> Pennsylvania - now made in Kentucky by Jim Beam (I believe). Nice and
    >> smoothe.
    >>

    > I used to own two nightclubs in New Orleans and I used to have a little
    > fun with customers that drank NOTHING but , expecially the
    > Jack Black people. "Gimme a Jack straight up". Sure, no problem. After
    > the first one we sub'd the JB for Heaven Hill. Nobody EVER noticed the
    > difference. :-)

    hmmmm - reckon your misses (the lawyer one :-P ) should have something
    to say about that? Not to mention the tax offices.

    reg

  2. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 11/28/2007 4:00 AM Jay Garcia scribbled:

    > You haven't lived until you've had a properly made Sazerac ****tail.
    >
    > http://www.gatewayno.com/cuisine/rec...l/sazerac.html

    now /that/ brings back memories - gotta be my 1st Mr Boston lookup....
    regarding your OP, I've used the same trick for those ordering Remy
    sours (or any name sour, but the ones calling for Remy were showing off)...

  3. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote:

    If you're drinking it on ice, I totally agree. The whiskey gets diluted
    within 60 seconds to the point that, unless it's a really robust one,
    they all get closer together. If it's served straight up (which I
    prefer) then it gets dicier.

    The difference between Beam and Heaven Hill isn't that great but I think
    I'd notice. The diff between Beam and something like Makers Mark or
    Woodford Reserve is a no-brainer, at least for me.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  4. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 28.11.2007 20:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Mullen to
    generate the following:? :
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote:

    do you know when the point is reached, that you don't recognize the
    difference between JB and JW (Johnny Walker) ??

    reg

  5. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 28.11.2007 20:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Mullen to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote:

    I do but by then who cares?
    caver1

  6. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 28.11.2007 06:07, squaredancer wrote:

    > On 28.11.2007 13:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On 28.11.2007 05:10, BeeNeR wrote:

    I said, " ... a little fun ... " We let the customer in on it and
    provided FREE drinks for being a good sport. Also educated a lot of
    folks as well.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
    Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant

  7. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    On 28.11.2007 13:09, Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> On or about 11/27/2007 10:31 PM, Ed Mullen penned the following:

    >>> I prefer Old Overholt, a straight rye whisky, originally made in
    >>> Pennsylvania - now made in Kentucky by Jim Beam (I believe). Nice and
    >>> smoothe.
    >>>

    >> I used to own two nightclubs in New Orleans and I used to have a little
    >> fun with customers that drank NOTHING but , expecially the
    >> Jack Black people. "Gimme a Jack straight up". Sure, no problem. After
    >> the first one we sub'd the JB for Heaven Hill. Nobody EVER noticed the
    >> difference. :-)
    >>

    > If you're drinking it on ice, I totally agree. The whiskey gets diluted
    > within 60 seconds to the point that, unless it's a really robust one,
    > they all get closer together. If it's served straight up (which I
    > prefer) then it gets dicier.
    >
    > The difference between Beam and Heaven Hill isn't that great but I think
    > I'd notice. The diff between Beam and something like Makers Mark or
    > Woodford Reserve is a no-brainer, at least for me.

    Most people's sensors are dead to a specific "taste" after one or
    "maybe" two straight-ups. Sight plays an important role as well. Put Old
    Grandad in a JD Black bottle for instance.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
    Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant
    Netscape Communications Corporation

  8. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 28.11.2007 13:09, Ed Mullen wrote:

    Yep, lots of clues to the senses. So, should we all just drink the
    least expensive swill after the second drink? I don't think so.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  9. Re: someone has the audacity to blog me!!!!