How to avoid "cannot use profile" error? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to avoid "cannot use profile" error? - Mozilla ; Hi all, I am using seamonkey 1.1.4 on Linux. Today it accidentally froze and I killed it with xkill. Since then I cannot use that profile; "cannot use the profile tetsuji because it is in use..blah blah". In older mozilla, ...

  1. How to avoid "cannot use profile" error?

    Hi all,

    I am using seamonkey 1.1.4 on Linux. Today it accidentally froze and I
    killed it with xkill. Since then I cannot use that profile; "cannot use
    the profile tetsuji because it is in use..blah blah".

    In older mozilla, I deleted ~/.mozilla/tetsuji/(random string)/lock
    dummy symlink and mozilla worked fine, but this trick doesn't work with
    this version. How can I restore the profile?

    Thanks in advance!

    -Tetsuji Rai

  2. Re: How to avoid "cannot use profile" error?

    news.mozilla.org wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using seamonkey 1.1.4 on Linux. Today it accidentally froze and I
    > killed it with xkill. Since then I cannot use that profile; "cannot use
    > the profile tetsuji because it is in use..blah blah".
    >
    > In older mozilla, I deleted ~/.mozilla/tetsuji/(random string)/lock
    > dummy symlink and mozilla worked fine, but this trick doesn't work with
    > this version. How can I restore the profile?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > -Tetsuji Rai

    with the program closed, in the profile, look for a file
    called parent.lock, or .parentlock, or lock.parent, or
    ..lockparent, or something similar. Once found, delete it.
    Restart the program. Did it work?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: How to avoid "cannot use profile" error?

  4. Re: How to avoid "cannot use profile" error?

+ Reply to Thread