Re: background under transparent images outside viewport - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: background under transparent images outside viewport - Mozilla ; Gus Richter wrote: > Unless things have changed in these newsgroups here, the convention > is _not_ to strip but to leave the full content. The convention in these groups has always been to trim, leaving only enough quoted material ...

  1. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    Gus Richter wrote:

    > Unless things have changed in these newsgroups here, the convention
    > is _not_ to strip but to leave the full content.

    The convention in these groups has always been to trim, leaving only
    enough quoted material to provide context.

    I've crossposted and set fu to m.general.

  2. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    Q wrote:
    > The convention in these groups has always been to trim, leaving only
    > enough quoted material to provide context.

    I wonder who set that in that document and when.
    I have been in the Netscape newsgroups and then into the Mozilla
    newsgroups since way back and this definitely has not been *always* the
    case, in fact the opposite.

    --
    Gus

  3. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    On 10/9/2007 7:18 PM, Gus Richter wrote:
    > Q wrote:
    >> The convention in these groups has always been to trim, leaving only
    >> enough quoted material to provide context.

    > I wonder who set that in that document and when.
    > I have been in the Netscape newsgroups and then into the Mozilla
    > newsgroups since way back and this definitely has not been *always* the
    > case, in fact the opposite.

    I believe it has always been the case on /this/ server, as contrasted
    with secnews.netscape.com, which has a different netiquette page.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > I believe it has always been the case on /this/ server, as contrasted
    > with secnews.netscape.com, which has a different netiquette page.

    Thank you.

    --
    Gus (Rip Van Winkle) Richter

  5. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    Gus Richter wrote in

    > Q wrote:
    >> The convention in these groups has always been to trim,
    >> leaving only enough quoted material to provide context.

    > I wonder who set that in that document and when.
    > I have been in the Netscape newsgroups and then into the
    > Mozilla newsgroups since way back and this definitely has not
    > been *always* the case, in fact the opposite.

    The rules changed when Mozilla's own newserver came online.

    --
    Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

    Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.

  6. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 10/9/2007 7:18 PM, Gus Richter wrote:
    >> Q wrote:
    >>> The convention in these groups has always been to trim, leaving only
    >>> enough quoted material to provide context.

    >> I wonder who set that in that document and when.
    >> I have been in the Netscape newsgroups and then into the Mozilla
    >> newsgroups since way back and this definitely has not been *always*
    >> the case, in fact the opposite.
    >>

    > I believe it has always been the case on /this/ server, as contrasted
    > with secnews.netscape.com, which has a different netiquette page.

    "If" nobody is off-topic, how does one trim all but relevant material?

    How do you hand answers interspersed?

  7. Re: background under transparent images outside viewport

    "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T" wrote:

    > "If" nobody is off-topic, how does one trim all but relevant material?

    You just leave enough to give context to what you're posting.

    > How do you hand answers interspersed?

    If responding to multiple points or questions, just put each response
    below the quoted material it addresses.

+ Reply to Thread