RSS in Seamonkey - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS in Seamonkey - Mozilla ; hi - I was wondering why Seamonkey does not have that RSS icon in the Address bar like FireFox, is this something missing or needs to be turned on?...

  1. RSS in Seamonkey

    hi -
    I was wondering why Seamonkey does not have that RSS icon in the Address
    bar like FireFox, is this something missing or needs to be turned on?

  2. Re: RSS in Seamonkey

    Steven wrote:
    > hi -
    > I was wondering why Seamonkey does not have that RSS icon in the Address
    > bar like FireFox, is this something missing or needs to be turned on?

    SeaMonkey doesn't have RSS natively installed.

    I have something called:
    Habari XENU New Aggregator. But I think I've only used it once and have
    never used RSS in FireFox, except see what it was about.
    I found it dull useless, uninteresting and a waste of code.

    To my way of think if your in to RSS everyone would be better off if RSS
    was in a separate standalone Application.

  3. Re: RSS in Seamonkey

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Steven wrote:
    >> hi -
    >> I was wondering why Seamonkey does not have that RSS icon in the
    >> Address bar like FireFox, is this something missing or needs to be
    >> turned on?

    > SeaMonkey doesn't have RSS natively installed.
    >
    > I have something called:
    > Habari XENU New Aggregator. But I think I've only used it once and have
    > never used RSS in FireFox, except see what it was about.
    > I found it dull useless, uninteresting and a waste of code.
    >
    > To my way of think if your in to RSS everyone would be better off if RSS
    > was in a separate standalone Application.

    I agree with Phillip I do not like RSS and look at feeds only once a
    week on Sunday time available.

    What I have done is create my own home page as HTML document in My Documents
    this page has links to my RSS feed threw Bloglines [www.bloglines.com/]
    along with work links and extras such as hotmail gmail mapquest

    I find this is a better way to go and I am not side tracked to waist
    time with RSS

  4. Re: RSS in Seamonkey

    Steven wrote:
    > hi -
    > I was wondering why Seamonkey does not have that RSS icon in the Address
    > bar like FireFox, is this something missing or needs to be turned on?

    because SM doesn't have one built in. You need to add it
    with such extensions as:

    info RSS: http://inforss.mozdev.org/
    news fox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/629
    multizilla: http://multizilla.mozdev.org/