Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard? - Mozilla ; On Sep 5, 12:52 am, Irwin Greenwald wrote: > On 9/4/2007 3:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote: > > > On 04.09.2007 16:10, Benjamin Mussler wrote: > > > --- Original Message --- > > >> Allie wrote: > >>> I'm ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On Sep 5, 12:52 am, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 9/4/2007 3:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    > > On 04.09.2007 16:10, Benjamin Mussler wrote:

    Who's general? Anyway, there seem to be some inconsistencies in how
    screengrab works. check it out on the homepage: http://www.screengrab.org/home/help/
    .. Some people have been saying that they never get the dialog box
    coming up to save the file. Mine comes up, but it sometimes takes a
    little while. I actually have problems with the clipboard copy -
    windows apparently isn't recognizing it as image data, so I can't
    paste it into some applications. Oh well. Another option is to go
    with a windows-based screen-grab too, such as MWSnap. However, you
    wouldn't be able to get full-pages with that method if the page is
    larger than your screen.

    allie

  2. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    "Allie" wrote in message
    news:1189115007.983386.295770@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    > On Sep 5, 12:52 am, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 9/4/2007 3:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >> > On 04.09.2007 16:10, Benjamin Mussler wrote:

    That's odd, I installed it and had full screan grab, I was able to cut and
    paste different parts of the page, copy and save. I didnt have a problem
    with it. First time I have installed a program that I have used with no
    problems. I thought it was a good extension.

    Sorry you are having problems.

    John.

  3. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    John wrote:
    > "Allie" wrote in message
    > news:1189115007.983386.295770@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...

    I have to say that I couldn't see limiting myself to a screen-capture
    utility that only works for a browser. Instead of looking through a
    narrow tunnel at nothing but add-ons, why not use a nifty little
    screen-cap util like this one, that can live in your QuickLaunch tray
    and be available at a click for making various kinds (screen, active
    window, outline-a-rectangle, timed, etc.) of screen caps of *anything*
    on the screen?

    This is one of my favorite little freeware utilities ever.

    http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    > On Sep 5, 12:52 am, Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 9/4/2007 3:12 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 04.09.2007 16:10, Benjamin Mussler wrote:

    Hi Allie,

    Yes, those that don't visit here often wouldn't know what "FU to
    general" means. I would think it meant, "F*** You to general", whoever
    general was, like you stated.

    --
    Terry R.

  5. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    Sorry, Terry, did you mean to type "If I didn't know better, I would
    think it meant.........", or do you really not know what it means?

    Daniel

  6. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    Visit *here*? Often? FU/Follow-Up is hardly limited to this group or
    even this server. Followup-To is a conventional news post *header*.
    "FU to general", in the context of a newsgroup, is hardly cryptic.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:

  7. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/9/2007 2:45 AM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote:

    No I didn't mean that. Thanks for sharing.

    --
    Terry R.

  8. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 9/9/2007 2:45 AM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    Sorry, Terry, I gave you two options there. Which did you not mean??
    What did I share??

    Daniel

  9. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote:

    On other servers I frequent, I hardly ever see "FU to ..." (in fact
    never but here), but "follow up to ...". Even the first time I saw "FU"
    here, I too thought the poster was being rude, maybe because of it being
    too simplified (I think it was just FU thunderbird). It's not cryptic
    when fully typed out, but I'm guessing there are a lot of people that
    are new to newsgroups, and the acronym can be cryptic, especially since
    FU is commonly used for other words. If not, why did she ask who
    "general" was?

    --
    Terry R.

  10. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    No, I agree with Terry. Not everyone knows what FU means in
    the newsgroup world. When I, too, saw those letters for the
    first time I thought that person was being rude. So, the OP
    in question had every right to ask who the general is,
    because not everyone who comes to these newsgroups know the
    rules right away. They don't know that the general is
    referring to the newsgroup mozilla.general. Those who have
    been hear for a while [the regulars] know the story, but for
    a newbie, they don't.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the
    >> keyboard

    Perhaps one of the "powers that be" could, from time to time, post a
    brief summary of the rules with a pointer to the full text. This would
    be extremely helpful to newcomers and might avoid some of the irritation
    the "old-timers" feel.

  12. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/10/07 1:47 PM, _Fred W. >_ spoke thusly:
    > Perhaps one of the "powers that be" could, from time to time, post a
    > brief summary of the rules with a pointer to the full text. This would
    > be extremely helpful to newcomers and might avoid some of the irritation
    > the "old-timers" feel.

    Or you could just stop using terminology that newcomers won't understand.
    --
    Chris Ilias

  13. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Fred W. > wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the
    >>> keyboard

    it wouldn't be read by newbies. Some find their way here,
    and they think they're the first to have a problem. They
    think their problem is unique, strange and weird. They're
    the only ones with this unusual problem. So, instead of
    reading previous postings, they go ahead and post. They
    don't bother reading previous postings. After all, how many
    times has the xpat question been asked?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  14. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Fred W. > wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    this is similar to sig lines. Even though I have in my sig
    not to send me email for help. And yet, I still get replies.
    People just don't read everything.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  15. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Terry R. wrote:

    As the one who made the "FU general" post, I tend to agree that it was
    too cryptic. OTOH the amount of discussion it elicited is ridiculous!

    --
    Irwin

  16. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> On 9/6/2007 2:43 PM On a whim, Allie pounded out on the keyboard

    Newb, apparently. It's not a rocket surgery initialization.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:

  17. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 9/10/07 1:47 PM, _Fred W. >_ spoke thusly:
    >> Perhaps one of the "powers that be" could, from time to time, post a
    >> brief summary of the rules with a pointer to the full text. This would
    >> be extremely helpful to newcomers and might avoid some of the irritation
    >> the "old-timers" feel.

    > Or you could just stop using terminology that newcomers won't understand.

    Or use the accepted terminology and let them do a little bit of work
    learning what it means (which can often be done just through looking at
    context). IIRC, learning is not such a bad thing. FWIW.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:

  18. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> On 9/9/2007 11:27 AM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the
    >> keyboard

    Oscar Madison: I keep finding little notes an my pillow! "Oscar,
    We're out of cornflakes. F.U." It took me three hours to figure out
    that 'F.U.' meant 'Felix Unger'. I want a divorce!

    (Probably poorly quoted, but I still think it's funny...)

    --
    Tom Liotta

  19. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/10/2007 2:59 PM On a whim, Blinky the Shark pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote:

    Regardless, out of respect for them, is it asking to much to take it to
    the lowest common denominator?

    --
    Terry R.

  20. Re: Extension to crop an area of a webpage to clipboard?

    On 9/10/2007 5:57 AM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard

    > Terry R. wrote:

    You shared your wrong thoughts. Let it go...

    --
    Terry R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast