Firefox crashes on download. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox crashes on download. - Mozilla ; All, I am using FireFox 2.0.0.6. When I try to download any file, the firefox simply crashes without displaying any error message. I have done enough googling for this problem and got the root cause. That is, before starting the ...

  1. Firefox crashes on download.

    All,

    I am using FireFox 2.0.0.6. When I try to download any file, the firefox
    simply crashes without displaying any error message. I have done enough
    googling for this problem and got the root cause. That is, before starting
    the download, the firefox tries to start the download manager (which I've
    installed separately). As the download manager is not starting properly, the
    firefox crashes.. But, I dont find a way to disable this option in firefox
    (to avoid starting download manager). Can anybody give an ideao on disabling
    this option?

    --
    Manivannan Palanichamy
    http://mani.gw.googlepages.com/index.html

  2. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    Manivannan Palanichamy wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I am using FireFox 2.0.0.6. When I try to download any file, the firefox
    > simply crashes without displaying any error message. I have done enough
    > googling for this problem and got the root cause. That is, before starting
    > the download, the firefox tries to start the download manager (which I've
    > installed separately). As the download manager is not starting properly, the
    > firefox crashes.. But, I dont find a way to disable this option in firefox
    > (to avoid starting download manager). Can anybody give an ideao on disabling
    > this option?

    did you try emptying the download manager. If that doesn't
    work, then close the program, and delete the file
    downloads.rdf from the FF profile directory. Restart FF.
    Does it work now?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    I cant Locate Download manager.Using XP/PRO + Moz 1.7.12.jim

  4. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > I cant Locate Download manager.Using XP/PRO + Moz 1.7.12.jim

    now I'm confused. Are you using Firefox or Mozilla Suite?

    Anyways, click on Tools, Download Manager.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    Thanks Peter;Found it ok this time. Could only delete files one at a
    Time from Download manager!.Cou ld you please advise me steps to locate
    the'ff profile directory' you referred to.This Old walloper could find
    my way around somewhat in win98,but!. Thanks again. jim

  6. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    Irwin ;The only button in my 'Down load Manager' ,is' Remove from
    list'. & its one at a Time.!. Regards. jim

  7. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    On 9/2/2007 6:31 PM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Irwin ;The only button in my 'Down load Manager' ,is' Remove from
    > list'. & its one at a Time.!. Regards. jim

    What version of FF are you running? 2.0.0.6 Download Manager has a
    button labeled "Cleanup". It's been there thru several releases as far
    as I can remember.

    --
    Irwin

  8. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > Thanks Peter;Found it ok this time. Could only delete files one at a
    > Time from Download manager!.Cou ld you please advise me steps to locate
    > the'ff profile directory' you referred to.This Old walloper could find
    > my way around somewhat in win98,but!. Thanks again. jim

    you need to delete the file downloads.rdf which is located
    in the FF profile. To find your profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but I noticed you're using Mozilla Suite 1.7.12, so you can
    read this for the profile location:
    http://ilias.ca/archive/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

    and if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    Thanks Heaps for All this info Pete. Am looking for the pots of Gold at
    the end of the Rainbows..Am Still _trying_ to come to terms with
    _tracking down Files & Folders_ with XP. Must be Age one feels. Regards. jim

  10. Re: Firefox crashes on download.

    Thanks Heaps for All this info Pete. Am looking for the pots of Gold at
    the end of the Rainbows..Am Still _trying_ to come to terms with
    _tracking down Files & Folders_ with XP. Must be Age one feels. Have
    managed to navigate to Exposing the _Hidden files _Regards. jim Saved
    those URLS.

+ Reply to Thread