Knowledge Base vs Talk - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Knowledge Base vs Talk - Mozilla ; I am reasonably familiar with the Mozilla Knowledge Base but have no idea of the purpose of the Talk database. Can someone(s) elucidate? -- Irwin Please do not use my email address to make requests for help. Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page...

  1. Knowledge Base vs Talk

    --
    Irwin

  2. Re: Knowledge Base vs Talk

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > I am reasonably familiar with the Mozilla Knowledge Base but have no
    > idea of the purpose of the Talk database. Can someone(s) elucidate?

    "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk"

  3. Re: Knowledge Base vs Talk

    On 8/28/2007 6:04 PM, Nir wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> I am reasonably familiar with the Mozilla Knowledge Base but have no
    >> idea of the purpose of the Talk database. Can someone(s) elucidate?

    > "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk"

    Thanks Nir, but I had already looked at that page. Is there some page
    that explains the purpose of Talk? From what I've read it looks like a
    "Wikipedia for Mozilla products". That is, a place to create and edit
    documentation.

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Knowledge Base vs Talk

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/28/2007 6:04 PM, Nir wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>> I am reasonably familiar with the Mozilla Knowledge Base but have
    >>> no idea of the purpose of the Talk database. Can someone(s)
    >>> elucidate?

    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk"

    > Thanks Nir, but I had already looked at that page. Is there some
    > page that explains the purpose of Talk?

    > From what I've read it looks like a "Wikipedia for Mozilla products".
    > That is, a place to create and edit documentation.

    Right , according that page , it exists because of these purposes:
    * Suggestions for improving the article.
    * Problems you have with the current content of the article.
    * Possible solutions to edit wars.

  5. Re: Knowledge Base vs Talk

    On 8/28/2007 6:53 PM, Nir wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk"

    >> Thanks Nir, but I had already looked at that page. Is there some
    >> page that explains the purpose of Talk?

    >> From what I've read it looks like a "Wikipedia for Mozilla products".
    >> That is, a place to create and edit documentation.
    >>

    > Right , according that page , it exists because of these purposes:
    > * Suggestions for improving the article.
    > * Problems you have with the current content of the article.
    > * Possible solutions to edit wars.

    Thanks!

    --
    Irwin

  6. Re: Knowledge Base vs Talk

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/28/2007 6:04 PM, Nir wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>> I am reasonably familiar with the Mozilla Knowledge Base but have no
    >>> idea of the purpose of the Talk database. Can someone(s) elucidate?

    >> "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk"

    > Thanks Nir, but I had already looked at that page. Is there some page
    > that explains the purpose of Talk? From what I've read it looks like a
    > "Wikipedia for Mozilla products". That is, a place to create and edit
    > documentation.

    Exactly: the Mozillazine Knowledge Base is a wikipedia, and, like in any other
    wiki (such as "the" wiki, en.wikipedia.org) every article can have a talk page.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    A.A.A.A.A.: