This list and the Google group ... are they the same ? - Mozilla

  1. This list and the Google group ... are they the same ?

    Hi

    I'm subscribed to this list.

    I also see a google group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/topics

    are these the same ?

    or are they two independent help mailing lists ?

    regards
    Vinayak

  2. Re: This list and the Google group ... are they the same ?

    In ,
    moz.20.victim123@dfgh.net wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm subscribed to this list.
    >
    >I also see a google group at
    >http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/topics
    >
    >are these the same ?
    >
    >or are they two independent help mailing lists ?

    They're the same. There's a gateway between the mozilla mailing lists
    and the newsgroups on the news.mozilla.org server, and Google also
    carries the groups.

    general@l.m.o isn't really a help list, though, just a catch-all for
    stuff that doesn't fit in the other mozilla lists/groups. You probably
    want one of the support lists/groups in the "End-User Support" section
    of . (Also, the
    "General Information" section at the top of that page has a better
    answer to your question than the one I just typed, but I didn't
    notice it until now.)

  3. Re: This list and the Google group ... are they the same ?

    "Q" wrote in message
    > In ,
    > moz.20.victim123@dfgh.net wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I'm subscribed to this list.
    >>
    >>I also see a google group at
    >>http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/topics
    >>
    >>are these the same ?
    >>
    >>or are they two independent help mailing lists ?

    > They're the same. There's a gateway between the mozilla mailing lists
    > and the newsgroups on the news.mozilla.org server, and Google also
    > carries the groups.
    >
    > general@l.m.o isn't really a help list, though, just a catch-all for
    > stuff that doesn't fit in the other mozilla lists/groups. You probably
    > want one of the support lists/groups in the "End-User Support" section
    > of . (Also, the
    > "General Information" section at the top of that page has a better
    > answer to your question than the one I just typed, but I didn't
    > notice it until now.)
    >
    > --

    Hi moz.20...,
    at about 35 per day now, or like a hundred plus per day when a new version
    of Firefox
    comes out, so it is easier to work with if you use a newsgroup.

    Might add that by subscribing directly through mozilla.org there is no
    charge for access
    to their newsgroups. There is also no charge accessing indirectly through
    Google Groups
    which you asked about, but it would be better to subscribe directly through
    mozilla.org

    Chris Ilias' Blog Instructions for new newsgroup server
    http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/01/instruc...sgroup-server/

+ Reply to Thread