Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google - Mozilla ; In , "David McRitchie" wrote: >"goodwin" >> as usual... >> interesting reply to this issue here - >> news://news.spamcop.net:119/yzVu39In...ull.davjam.org > >article/thread not found > http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ull.davjam.org ^^^^^^ The port number and forward slash aren't part of the Message-ID. Also, AFAIK , ...

  1. Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google

    In ,
    "David McRitchie" wrote:

    >"goodwin"
    >> as usual...
    >> interesting reply to this issue here -

    >article/thread not found
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ull.davjam.org

    ^^^^^^

    The port number and forward slash aren't part of the Message-ID. Also,
    AFAIK, Google Groups doesn't archive posts on the spamcop server.

    I've crossposted and set fu to m. general.

  2. Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google

    On 7/12/2007 7:55 PM Q inquired:

    >>> interesting reply to this issue here -

    >>article/thread not found
    >> http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ull.davjam.org

    > ^^^^^^
    >
    > The port number and forward slash aren't part of the Message-ID.

    that a TB thing?

    Also,
    > AFAIK, Google Groups doesn't archive posts on the spamcop server.

    roger that...

  3. Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google

    In ,
    goodwin wrote:

    >On 7/12/2007 7:55 PM Q inquired:

    >>>article/thread not found
    >>> http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ull.davjam.org

    >> ^^^^^^
    >>
    >> The port number and forward slash aren't part of the Message-ID.

    >that a TB thing?

    Nah. When giving a news: url, your can include the port or not. But
    either way, to deconstruct the news: url and feed it to a Google Groups
    search, one needs only the Message-ID part of the url, which follows
    the last forward slash.

  4. Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 7/12/2007 7:55 PM Q inquired:
    >>> article/thread not found
    >>> http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ull.davjam.org

    >> The port number and forward slash aren't part of the Message-ID.

    > that a TB thing?

    if you're using a newsgroup server, such as
    news.Mozilla.org, and you're using TB or SM Mail, then click
    on any message. Now, click on View, Message Source [or
    ctrl+u]. Now, scroll down that until you see "References"
    and you will see all the various message IDs. The first one
    is the message you're looking at now, and the others are the
    various replies.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Inexplicable redirection to Google

    In ,
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:

    >if you're using a newsgroup server, such as
    >news.Mozilla.org, and you're using TB or SM Mail, then click
    >on any message. Now, click on View, Message Source [or
    >ctrl+u]. Now, scroll down that until you see "References"
    >and you will see all the various message IDs. The first one
    >is the message you're looking at now, and the others are the
    >various replies.

    In the References field, the first MID is the OP in the thread. The MID
    of the post you're looking at now isn't in References -- it's the one in
    the Message-ID field.