composer - Mozilla

This is a discussion on composer - Mozilla ; I am having trouble removing underlining of text in composer. Never had this problem before. Is there an answer for me? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.13. thanks for your help. Erma Raines...

  1. composer

    I am having trouble removing underlining of text in composer.
    Never had this problem before. Is there an answer for me? I'm
    using Mozilla 1.7.13. thanks for your help.
    Erma Raines

  2. Re: composer

    Erma Raines wrote:
    > I am having trouble removing underlining of text in composer.
    > Never had this problem before. Is there an answer for me? I'm
    > using Mozilla 1.7.13. thanks for your help.
    > Erma Raines

    when you mean composer, do you mean when you create email messages, or
    when you create web pages?

    --
    continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the
    bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible

  3. Re: composer

    gwtc wrote:

    > Erma Raines wrote:
    >
    >> I am having trouble removing underlining of text in composer. Never
    >> had this problem before. Is there an answer for me? I'm using Mozilla
    >> 1.7.13. thanks for your help.
    >> Erma Raines

    > when you mean composer, do you mean when you create email messages, or
    > when you create web pages?

    When I create web pages.

  4. Re: composer

    On 9/20/2006 5:00 PM Erma Raines created this reply
    > gwtc wrote:
    >

    >> Erma Raines wrote:
    >>

    >>> I am having trouble removing underlining of text in composer. Never
    >>> had this problem before. Is there an answer for me? I'm using Mozilla
    >>> 1.7.13. thanks for your help.
    >>> Erma Raines
    >>>

    >> when you mean composer, do you mean when you create email messages, or
    >> when you create web pages?
    >>

    > When I create web pages.

    Hello Erma,

    Underlining text on a web page, or in a HTML formatted e-mail message is
    called a "Style". With your web page open in Composer use your mouse to
    first select all the text underlined, then using your mouse click on the
    tool button named "Format". Select from the drop down menu "Remove All
    Text Formatting". Your underline is gone.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  5. Re: composer

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > On 9/20/2006 5:00 PM Erma Raines created this reply
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> when you mean composer, do you mean when you create email messages,
    >>> or when you create web pages?
    >>>

    >> When I create web pages.
    >>

    > Hello Erma,
    >
    > Underlining text on a web page, or in a HTML formatted e-mail message is
    > called a "Style". With your web page open in Composer use your mouse to
    > first select all the text underlined, then using your mouse click on the
    > tool button named "Format". Select from the drop down menu "Remove All
    > Text Formatting". Your underline is gone.
    >
    > Michael

    It didn't work for me. However, thought it might be my mozilla
    browser so downloaded seamonkey. Same thing! So after your
    comment, decided to look through the html source of page. took
    away underline and it worked. Fixed it;uploaded it and looked at
    page again; underline gone on names. Miracles never cease but
    don't understand why this happened though. Thanks for all your
    help and comments.

    Erma

  6. Re: composer

    On 9/20/2006 8:19 PM Erma Raines created this reply
    > Michael Gordon wrote:

    >>> When I create web pages.
    >>>

    >> Hello Erma,
    >>
    >> Underlining text on a web page, or in a HTML formatted e-mail message is
    >> called a "Style". With your web page open in Composer use your mouse to
    >> first select all the text underlined, then using your mouse click on the
    >> tool button named "Format". Select from the drop down menu "Remove All
    >> Text Formatting". Your underline is gone.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > It didn't work for me. However, thought it might be my mozilla
    > browser so downloaded seamonkey. Same thing! So after your
    > comment, decided to look through the html source of page. took
    > away underline and it worked. Fixed it;uploaded it and looked at
    > page again; underline gone on names. Miracles never cease but
    > don't understand why this happened though. Thanks for all your
    > help and comments.
    >
    > Erma

    Hello again, Erma.

    It is possible that the underline text was not CSS coded, but used the
    old HTML underline code Something Underlined.
    I haven't seen that coding in a long time so I don't know if SeaMonkey
    or Mozilla would remove it through the tools options.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...
    http://www.armadilloweb.com

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  7. Re: composer

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > On 9/20/2006 8:19 PM Erma Raines created this reply
    >> Michael Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/20/2006 5:00 PM Erma Raines created this reply

    >>> Hello Erma,
    >>>
    >>> Underlining text on a web page, or in a HTML formatted e-mail message
    >>> is called a "Style". With your web page open in Composer use your
    >>> mouse to first select all the text underlined, then using your mouse
    >>> click on the tool button named "Format". Select from the drop down
    >>> menu "Remove All Text Formatting". Your underline is gone.
    >>>
    >>> Michael
    >>>

    >> It didn't work for me. However, thought it might be my mozilla browser
    >> so downloaded seamonkey. Same thing! So after your comment, decided to
    >> look through the html source of page. took away underline and it
    >> worked. Fixed it;uploaded it and looked at page again; underline gone
    >> on names. Miracles never cease but don't understand why this happened
    >> though. Thanks for all your help and comments.
    >>
    >> Erma
    >>

    > Hello again, Erma.
    >
    > It is possible that the underline text was not CSS coded, but used the
    > old HTML underline code Something Underlined.
    > I haven't seen that coding in a long time so I don't know if SeaMonkey
    > or Mozilla would remove it through the tools options.
    >
    > Michael

    Thanks, Michael. Here is the page where I had the trouble
    http://tcccug.apcug.org/page12_7bbb.html
    I've had this site for many years and it was done in html but
    this page was new - not saved as. Anyway, it seemed as if
    something got stuff on computer. Thanks again.
    Erma

  8. Re: composer

    On 9/21/2006 8:32 AM Erma Raines created this reply
    > Michael Gordon wrote:

    >>> It didn't work for me. However, thought it might be my mozilla browser
    >>> so downloaded seamonkey. Same thing! So after your comment, decided to
    >>> look through the html source of page. took away underline and it
    >>> worked. Fixed it;uploaded it and looked at page again; underline gone
    >>> on names. Miracles never cease but don't understand why this happened
    >>> though. Thanks for all your help and comments.
    >>>
    >>> Erma
    >>>

    >> Hello again, Erma.
    >>
    >> It is possible that the underline text was not CSS coded, but used the
    >> old HTML underline code Something Underlined.
    >> I haven't seen that coding in a long time so I don't know if SeaMonkey
    >> or Mozilla would remove it through the tools options.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>

    > Thanks, Michael. Here is the page where I had the trouble
    > http://tcccug.apcug.org/page12_7bbb.html
    > I've had this site for many years and it was done in html but
    > this page was new - not saved as. Anyway, it seemed as if
    > something got stuff on computer. Thanks again.
    > Erma

    Hello Erma,

    I looked at your source code for the above page and your style is now
    correct for the Underline text. I also looked at your ohter pages and
    sure enough the underlined text is enclosed with and. And they
    also look like they were made using Microsoft Word.

    I liked your choice of midi file and the clarity of all the photos.

    With SeaMonkey you can now use Composer to revise all your pages and
    enjoy making standards compliant web sites.

    Michael

    --
    Character is doing the right thing...
    Even when no one is watching...
    http://www.armadilloweb.com

    A Proud User of SeaMonkey The Suite

  9. Re: composer

    Michael Gordon wrote:
    > On 9/21/2006 8:32 AM Erma Raines created this reply
    >
    >> Michael Gordon wrote:
    >>

    >>> On 9/20/2006 8:19 PM Erma Raines created this reply

    >>> Hello again, Erma.
    >>>
    >>> It is possible that the underline text was not CSS coded, but used
    >>> the old HTML underline code Something Underlined.
    >>> I haven't seen that coding in a long time so I don't know if
    >>> SeaMonkey or Mozilla would remove it through the tools options.
    >>>
    >>> Michael
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Michael. Here is the page where I had the trouble
    >> http://tcccug.apcug.org/page12_7bbb.html
    >> I've had this site for many years and it was done in html but this
    >> page was new - not saved as. Anyway, it seemed as if something got
    >> stuff on computer. Thanks again.
    >> Erma
    >>

    > Hello Erma,
    >
    > I looked at your source code for the above page and your style is now
    > correct for the Underline text. I also looked at your ohter pages and
    > sure enough the underlined text is enclosed with and. And they
    > also look like they were made using Microsoft Word.
    >
    > I liked your choice of midi file and the clarity of all the photos.
    >
    > With SeaMonkey you can now use Composer to revise all your pages and
    > enjoy making standards compliant web sites.
    >
    > Michael

    Thanks so much, Michael.

    Erma

+ Reply to Thread