Unreferenced scalar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Unreferenced scalar - Mozilla ; I'm currently testing an upgrade of Bugzilla from version 2.20.1 to 3.0.3. Windows 2003 ActivePerl 5.8.7 MySQL 5.0.18-nt When adding a new bug, I'm receiving a message above the Bugzilla header: "[Tue Apr 29 12:26:18 2008] post_bug.cgi: Attempt to free ...

  1. Unreferenced scalar

    I'm currently testing an upgrade of Bugzilla from version 2.20.1 to 3.0.3.
    Windows 2003
    ActivePerl 5.8.7
    MySQL 5.0.18-nt

    When adding a new bug, I'm receiving a message above the Bugzilla header:

    "[Tue Apr 29 12:26:18 2008] post_bug.cgi: Attempt to free unreferenced
    scalar: SV 0x29b02ac, Perl interpreter: 0x2246f4 at Bugzilla/DB.pm line
    1013."

    It does not seem to adversely affect anything, but I know the users will
    have questions if any messages start showing up. Is this message something
    to worry about? Can I fix the problem? If not, is there a way to ensure it
    is hidden?

    When originally running checksetup.pl after the upgrade a similar message
    about unreferenced scalars was repeated several times, but checksetup.pl
    seemed to finish with any issues.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jen

  2. Re: Unreferenced scalar

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:35:14 -0400 "Jen Armstrong"
    wrote:
    > It does not seem to adversely affect anything, but I know the users
    > will have questions if any messages start showing up. Is this
    > message something to worry about? Can I fix the problem? If not, is
    > there a way to ensure it is hidden?

    It's not a problem. You should try upgrading your ActiveState
    install if you want it to go away.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread