RE: Run Bugzilla Administrative UI
Quoting stella cao:[color=blue]
> I installed the Bugzilla 2.22.1 version on Linux.
> Could you let me know: How to run or start the Bugzilla
> Administrative UI on that machine?[/color]
1) How did you install? Was it via apt-get or an rpm?
2) Bugzilla is a collection of web pages with a few perl scripts. There
is no 'UI' aside from the page accessible via the web page. Your web
page will need to be defined in the apache http.conf or in a vhosts.conf
file. It is possible that your install did this for you, but not
3) The first thing to start is with the checksetup.pl script. Running
this will help configure the necessary prerequisites (perl modules and
database 'stuff'). You will probably need to run this at least 4 times
before you can view any UI.
4) The best place to start is in the documentation area on
[url]http://www.bugzilla.org/[/url]. This will take you step by step on how to get
bugzilla up and running.
5) Bugzilla 2.22.1 is not the newest version. 3.0.3 is the latest
stable version, and 3.2 is planned for the near future. Version 2.22.3
is the latest for that branch.
6) You may want to consider following the install instructions directly
from bugzilla, but that is a personal decision. It is easier for others
on this list to help though as some rpm/apt installs don't put all of
the bugzilla code in the same place.