Defining the default Product Version - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Defining the default Product Version - Mozilla ; Hi, Can anyone tell me how to set the default product version. I now have e.g. product versions {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}, and on creation of a new bug the product version is '5' by default. I clearly want it to be 10. ...

  1. Defining the default Product Version

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me how to set the default product version. I now have
    e.g. product versions {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}, and on creation of a new
    bug the product version is '5' by default. I clearly want it to be 10.

    Thanks

    Chris.

  2. Re: Defining the default Product Version

    Chris,

    2008/4/4, Chris Donaghey :
    > Can anyone tell me how to set the default product version. I now have
    > e.g. product versions {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}, and on creation of a new
    > bug the product version is '5' by default. I clearly want it to be 10.

    the default version is determined like this (from enter_bug.cgi):

    # IF this is a cloned bug,
    # AND the clone's product is the same as the parent's
    # THEN use the version from the parent bug
    # ELSE IF a version is supplied in the URL
    # THEN use it
    # ELSE IF there is a version in the cookie
    # THEN use it (Posting a bug sets a cookie for the current version.)
    # ELSE
    # The default version is the last one in the list (which, it is
    # hoped, will be the most recent one).
    #
    # Eventually maybe each product should have a "current version"
    # parameter.

    So the default in your case is indeed 10. If you find it to be
    pre-selected at 5, then the last bug you filed for this product was
    for version 5 -- you'll find a browser cookie to this effect. The
    reasoning is that the default version should be user specific, as each
    user may be using a different version.

    File a bug for version 10, and you should see that the next time you
    open the bug entry form, version 10 is the default.

    Kind regards
    Marc

  3. Re: Defining the default Product Version

    Spot on. I deleted the cookie, and now I'm on the latest version.
    I didn't realise this logic - but thinking about it, and your
    explanation it definately makes sense.

    Thanks a lot

    Chris.

    Marc Schumann wrote:
    > Chris,
    >
    > 2008/4/4, Chris Donaghey :
    >> Can anyone tell me how to set the default product version. I now have
    >> e.g. product versions {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}, and on creation of a new
    >> bug the product version is '5' by default. I clearly want it to be 10.

    > the default version is determined like this (from enter_bug.cgi):
    >
    > # IF this is a cloned bug,
    > # AND the clone's product is the same as the parent's
    > # THEN use the version from the parent bug
    > # ELSE IF a version is supplied in the URL
    > # THEN use it
    > # ELSE IF there is a version in the cookie
    > # THEN use it (Posting a bug sets a cookie for the current version.)
    > # ELSE
    > # The default version is the last one in the list (which, it is
    > # hoped, will be the most recent one).
    > #
    > # Eventually maybe each product should have a "current version"
    > # parameter.
    >
    > So the default in your case is indeed 10. If you find it to be
    > pre-selected at 5, then the last bug you filed for this product was
    > for version 5 -- you'll find a browser cookie to this effect. The
    > reasoning is that the default version should be user specific, as each
    > user may be using a different version.
    >
    > File a bug for version 10, and you should see that the next time you
    > open the bug entry form, version 10 is the default.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Marc

+ Reply to Thread