Tweaking admin mail - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tweaking admin mail - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm using old Bugzilla 2.14 and I'm unable to retrieve my password to log in. I am the administrator of bugzilla! The retrieve password procedure (sending password back by mail) no more works since we have also a pb ...

  1. Tweaking admin mail

    Hi,

    I'm using old Bugzilla 2.14 and I'm unable to retrieve my password to log
    in.
    I am the administrator of bugzilla!
    The retrieve password procedure (sending password back by mail) no more
    works since we have also a pb with mail sent by bugzilla

    I am looking for a hack in the bugzilla scripts... but wihtout succes yet!

    I need help from you guys!

    Fred

  2. Tweaking admin mail (oops, I meant Tweaking admin password not mail!)

    sorry!

    "Fred" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using old Bugzilla 2.14 and I'm unable to retrieve my password to log
    > in.
    > I am the administrator of bugzilla!
    > The retrieve password procedure (sending password back by mail) no more
    > works since we have also a pb with mail sent by bugzilla
    >
    > I am looking for a hack in the bugzilla scripts... but wihtout succes yet!
    >
    > I need help from you guys!
    >
    > Fred

  3. Re: Tweaking admin mail

    Fred-105 wrote:

    > Hi,
    > ... using old Bugzilla 2.14 and I'm unable to retrieve my password ...
    > ... I need help ...
    > Fred

    Just a thought. I'd try it but am bogged down today...
    Edit your params file: \data\params
    change your mail delivery method to TEST, save the file, and try the "send
    me my password" feature again.
    All emails will be written to a test file if my mind is not too cloudy from
    lack of caffeine. It might be in that file. Check the docs for more info
    on TEST mode for emails.

    'mail_delivery_method' => 'Test',

    Good luck,
    Unca Ghrys

  4. Re: Tweaking admin mail (oops,I meant Tweaking admin password not mail!)

    Fred,

    2007/10/10, Fred :
    > > The retrieve password procedure (sending password back by mail) no more
    > > works since we have also a pb with mail sent by bugzilla

    I assume that pb means problem...
    Edit data/params and set the mail_delivery_method parameter to "Test".
    Then, request a password change mail from Bugzilla. You'll find the
    mail in data/mailer.testfile.

    Regards
    Marc

  5. Re: Tweaking admin mail

    Thanks for your idea that sounds good!
    Unfortunatly I can't find any 'mail_delivery_method' in the params file or
    elsewhere.
    I'm using a very old Buzilla version : 2.14
    but the fact is that the issue comes from the mail service of the server
    that host bugzilla... An error with the smtp address or something... no
    mails are coming out from this box (connection timeout).

    So it's no more a subject for this newsgroup!

    Anyway, thanks for answering.

    Fred

    "Unca Ghryswald" wrote in message

    > Fred-105 wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> ... using old Bugzilla 2.14 and I'm unable to retrieve my password ...
    >> ... I need help ...
    >> Fred
    >>

    > Just a thought. I'd try it but am bogged down today...
    > Edit your params file: \data\params
    > change your mail delivery method to TEST, save the file, and try the "send
    > me my password" feature again.
    > All emails will be written to a test file if my mind is not too cloudy
    > from
    > lack of caffeine. It might be in that file. Check the docs for more info
    > on TEST mode for emails.
    >
    > 'mail_delivery_method' => 'Test',
    >

    > Good luck,
    > Unca Ghrys
    > --

  6. Re: Tweaking admin mail (oops,I meant Tweaking admin password not mail!)

    oops, sorry I did not see your post. (yes, sorry, pb means problem!)
    Your idea looks pretty good but I can't find any mail_delivery_method symbol
    in all the bugzilla files (including data/params) !
    I think my version is really too old...

    If you have another idea or can point me where I can hack some scripts to
    get the password dumped on a file rather in a mail should be great !

    Thanks for your help

    Fred

    "Marc Schumann" wrote in message
    > Fred,
    >
    > 2007/10/10, Fred :
    >> > The retrieve password procedure (sending password back by mail) no more
    >> > works since we have also a pb with mail sent by bugzilla

    > I assume that pb means problem...
    > Edit data/params and set the mail_delivery_method parameter to "Test".
    > Then, request a password change mail from Bugzilla. You'll find the
    > mail in data/mailer.testfile.
    >
    > Regards
    > Marc

  7. Re: Tweaking admin mail (oops,I meant Tweaking admin password not mail!)

    Fred,

    2007/10/11, Fred :
    > oops, sorry I did not see your post. (yes, sorry, pb means problem!)
    > Your idea looks pretty good but I can't find any mail_delivery_method symbol
    > in all the bugzilla files (including data/params) !
    > I think my version is really too old...

    yes, I'm pretty sure it is. I think the more flexible mailing came in
    with version 2.20 or 2.22.

    > If you have another idea or can point me where I can hack some scripts to
    > get the password dumped on a file rather in a mail should be great !

    I'm really sorry, I never saw 2.14. If at all possible, I recommend upgrading.

    Regards
    Marc

  8. Re: Tweaking admin mail

    Fred-105 wrote:

    > Unfortunatly I can't find any 'mail_delivery_method' in the params file or
    > elsewhere.
    > I'm using a very old Buzilla version : 2.14

    Ok, soooo. You're using an ancient Bugzilla which doesn't have the email
    parameters.

    Couple of suggestions - and mind you, my PERL-Fu and SQL-Fu are weak, but
    this could work...
    [dissenting opinions are welcome]

    Backup your system and upgrade Bugzilla, then try the "Test" mail solution
    we already suggested.
    [recommended solution]

    OR

    Check the params file for your MYSQL password (you'll need this later)
    Do some reading on the perl CRYPT function
    Do some reading on MYSQL functions
    "crypt" the word "password" in PERL
    Log in to MYSQL using your password and tell MYSQL to replace the existing
    password for that entry [your username] with the one you just created.
    (field name should be cryptpassword = varchar(128) always double-check
    because this might be different in your bugs database)
    Log into Bugzilla - your password should now be "password"

    Please do let us know what you do finally come up with for a solution.

    Inquiring minds want to know,
    Unca Ghrys