Severity sort in v3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Severity sort in v3 - Mozilla ; My Bugzilla was just upgraded from v2.18 to v3.0. Bugzilla's behavior when I sort a bug list by importance has changed. In v2.18, the sort sequence displayed major bugs before normal bugs, and displayed normal bugs before minor bugs. In ...

  1. Severity sort in v3

    My Bugzilla was just upgraded from v2.18 to v3.0.

    Bugzilla's behavior when I sort a bug list by importance has changed. In
    v2.18, the sort sequence displayed major bugs before normal bugs, and
    displayed normal bugs before minor bugs. In v3.0, major precedes minor,
    and minor precedes normal.

    I can't get used to this. Is there a way to change it?

    David B

  2. Re: Severity sort in v3

    David,

    2007/9/10, David B :
    > Bugzilla's behavior when I sort a bug list by importance has changed. In
    > v2.18, the sort sequence displayed major bugs before normal bugs, and
    > displayed normal bugs before minor bugs. In v3.0, major precedes minor,
    > and minor precedes normal.

    for some reason, the sortkeys of your severity values have fallen
    sick. Go to editvalues.cgi (the "Field Values" link in an
    administrator's Bugzilla footer) and readjust the sortkeys of your
    severity values.

    Kind regards
    Marc

  3. Re: Severity sort in v3

    David,

    2007/9/10, David B :
    > Bugzilla's behavior when I sort a bug list by importance has changed. In
    > v2.18, the sort sequence displayed major bugs before normal bugs, and
    > displayed normal bugs before minor bugs. In v3.0, major precedes minor,
    > and minor precedes normal.

    for some reason, the sortkeys of your severity values have fallen
    sick. Go to editvalues.cgi (the "Field Values" link in an
    administrator's Bugzilla footer) and readjust the sortkeys of your
    severity values.

    Kind regards
    Marc

  4. Re: Severity sort in v3

    Marc Schumann wrote:

    > for some reason, the sortkeys of your severity values have fallen
    > sick. Go to editvalues.cgi (the "Field Values" link in an
    > administrator's Bugzilla footer) and readjust the sortkeys of your
    > severity values.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Marc

    Thank you, Marc, for your response.

    I tried your suggestion. Changing the order of severity values as you
    suggested has the effect of changing the order of severity values in the
    combobox on the new bug page. It has no visible effect on the order in
    which bugs are listed when sorted by importance following a bug search.

    I'm sorry to say your idea did not solve my problem. Any other ideas?

    David B

  5. Re: Severity sort in v3

    David,

    2007/9/10, David B :
    > I tried your suggestion. Changing the order of severity values as you
    > suggested has the effect of changing the order of severity values in the
    > combobox on the new bug page. It has no visible effect on the order in
    > which bugs are listed when sorted by importance following a bug search.

    I'm sorry, I misunderstood at first and thought you'd want the
    combobox order sorted differently.

    I gather what you did is select "Importance" at "Sort results by" on
    the advanced search form? That's what I did, and I saw the what you're
    seeing: first sorting level is by priority, and second sorting level
    is by severity. Both, unfortunately, alphabetically, instead of
    honouring the sortkey.

    You've found a bug; please check whether it exists already in
    http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, otherwise pleae file it.

    You can work around by clicking the bug list headers to re-sort.

    Kind regards
    Marc

  6. Re: Severity sort in v3

    Marc Schumann wrote:

    > I'm sorry, I misunderstood at first and thought you'd want the
    > combobox order sorted differently.
    >
    > I gather what you did is select "Importance" at "Sort results by" on
    > the advanced search form? That's what I did, and I saw the what you're
    > seeing: first sorting level is by priority, and second sorting level
    > is by severity. Both, unfortunately, alphabetically, instead of
    > honouring the sortkey.
    >
    > You've found a bug; please check whether it exists already in
    > http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, otherwise pleae file it.
    >
    > You can work around by clicking the bug list headers to re-sort.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Marc

    I am sorry if I was unclear, but yes, the problem I was describing
    occurs in response to selecting "Importance" at "Sort results by" on the

    It didn't even occur to me that the order was alphabetical, but that
    does seem to be exactly what is happening. Thank you for pointing that out.

    I will try to find my login name and password to bugzilla.mozilla.org
    (disused now for some little time) and add the bug (assuming it's not
    already filed).

    Thank you very much!

    David B

  7. Re: Severity sort in v3

    Marc Schumann a écrit :
    > You've found a bug; please check whether it exists already in
    > http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, otherwise pleae file it.

    Bad idea! I closed the bug as WFM: bugs are correctly sorted based on
    the sortkey, not alphabetically.

    LpSolit

  8. Re: Severity sort in v3

    Frédéric,

    2007/9/11, Frédéric Buclin :
    > Marc Schumann a écrit :
    > > You've found a bug; please check whether it exists already in
    > > http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, otherwise pleae file it.

    > Bad idea! I closed the bug as WFM: bugs are correctly sorted based on
    > the sortkey, not alphabetically.

    not true, I can confirm the bug on tip. It sorts all right if I click
    on a column header; but it does *not* sort correctly when selecting
    "Importance" on the Advanced Search page.

    Regards
    Marc

+ Reply to Thread