Re: Problem with urlbase - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Problem with urlbase - Mozilla ; Marc, I changed data folder permission to 777 . But still that error comes.. so i disabled SELinux using the command (echo 0 > /selinux/enforce) and checked. But no change... Now what should i do??? Thanks & Regards, Kokul Marc ...

  1. Re: Problem with urlbase

    Marc Schumann wrote:

    > Kokul,
    >
    > 2007/8/13, Kokul :
    >> "The local XML file './data/bugzilla-update.xml' cannot be created.
    >> Please
    >> make sure the web server can write in this directory."
    >> chmod -R 770 data/

    > while checksetup.pl should take care of all chmod settings, it may be
    > that it works upon the wrong assumptions, in particular a wrong web
    > server group. To validate this, set the permissions on data/ to 777
    > and see whether it works then. If it does, the group of the
    > then-created data/bugzilla-update.xml will tell you the correct web
    > server group.
    >
    > Also, SELinux settings can be responsible for this (search this
    > group's archives for details). To validate this, try switching SELinux
    > off to test whether it works then. If it does, switch in on again and
    > work your way through SELinux settings.
    >
    > Regards
    > Marc
    > reply.

  2. Re: Problem with urlbase

    Hi Kokul,

    You must have set "upgrade_notification", and for some reason your
    server can't fetch the 'http://updates.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-
    update.xml' (for example, it may not have an internet connection), so
    it's complaining that it can't create a local copy of that bugzilla-
    update.xml file.

    Just disable "upgrade_notification" and try again (in 'Parameters'
    page).

    Since I think most bugzilla servers won't have internet connections
    (for security reasons), it may worth filing a bug against this
    notification, e.g. changing "cannot be created" to "can't be
    downloaded."

    Yan

    On Aug 13, 5:28 pm, Kokul wrote:
    > Marc,
    >
    > I changed data folder permission to 777 . But still that error comes..
    >
    > so i disabled SELinux using the command (echo 0 > /selinux/enforce) and
    > checked. But no change...
    >
    > Now what should i do???
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Kokul

  3. Re: Problem with urlbase

    Hi, thanks for support, really it worked, its just bothering me that
    asking for update file
    chandra