How to cahange the TYPE of a custom field? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to cahange the TYPE of a custom field? - Mozilla ; Hi friends, I added one custom field with type "Free Text". Now i wanted to change that type to "Drop Down". How to change the type of a custom field once it's created? If there is no option to change ...

  1. How to cahange the TYPE of a custom field?

    Hi friends,

    I added one custom field with type "Free Text". Now i wanted to change
    that type to "Drop Down". How to change the type of a custom field once it's
    created?

    If there is no option to change the type of a custom field then how to
    delete the custom field??

    Thanks & Regards
    Kokul

  2. Re: How to cahange the TYPE of a custom field?

    Am 06.08.2007, 14:36 Uhr, schrieb Kokul :

    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I added one custom field with type "Free Text". Now i wanted to change
    > that type to "Drop Down". How to change the type of a custom field once
    > it's
    > created?
    >
    > If there is no option to change the type of a custom field then how to
    > delete the custom field??
    >
    > Thanks & Regards
    > Kokul

    Hello!

    I tried it for myself and there is obviously no way to delete custom
    fields via bugzilla's web gui. You could try to delete the fields from the
    underlying database. The custom fields are defined in the table
    "fielddefs" and their field names start with "cf_". But I'm no bugzilla
    dev, so I don't know if deleting rows from this table would have any
    side-effects. You should be very cautious at twiddling with bugzillas
    internals.

    Greetings,

    Mirko