Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll - Mozilla ; Hi all, I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45 and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the database. However, when I point my Firefox to http://localhost/ I got the following error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load ...

  1. Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    Hi all,

    I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45
    and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the
    database. However, when I point my Firefox to http://localhost/ I got
    the following error:

    install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
    'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql:
    load_file:The specified module could not be found at
    C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    at (eval 34) line 3
    Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
    at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 902

    Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    didn't go away... any hint?

    Cheers,
    Henry

  2. Re: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:18:47 +1000 HS wrote:
    > Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    > didn't go away... any hint?

    I think the DBD-mysql from Theory58S is broken. Do:

    ppm repo off theory58S

    And then remove and re-install DBD-mysql.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

  3. Re: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    Just installed the old 3.0002 version and it worked! Thanks Max~ Who
    would think of that is causing a problem...

    Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:18:47 +1000 HS wrote:
    >> Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    >> didn't go away... any hint?

    > I think the DBD-mysql from Theory58S is broken. Do:
    >
    > ppm repo off theory58S
    >
    > And then remove and re-install DBD-mysql.
    >
    > -Max

  4. Re: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    On Jul 19, 6:35 am, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:18:47 +1000 HS wrote:
    >
    > > Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    > > didn't go away... any hint?

    > I think the DBD-mysql from Theory58S is broken. Do:
    >
    > ppm repo off theory58S
    >
    > And then remove and re-install DBD-mysql.
    >
    > -Max
    > --http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    > Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

    Hi,

    i have tried, ppm repo up theory58S not properly installed on my pc
    but i have installed ppm repo add theory58S http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms
    on my pc properly still i am geting the same problem.

    C:\>ppm repo up theory58S
    The repo command 'up' isn't recognized; try one of add, delete,
    describe,
    list, location, off, on, rename, search, suggest, or sync
    Usage: ppm repo
    Run 'ppm help repo' to learn more.

    C:\>ppm repo off theory58S
    ppm repo failed: No such repo; 'ppm repo list' will print what's
    available

    Thanks
    Shadab Hasan
    S/W Eng.
    shasan@zansys.com

  5. Re: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    On Jul 19, 7:06 am, HS wrote:
    > Just installed the old 3.0002 version and it worked! Thanks Max~ Who
    > would think of that is causing a problem...
    >

    > Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
    > > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:18:47 +1000 HS wrote:
    > >> Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    > >> didn't go away... any hint?

    > > I think the DBD-mysql from Theory58S is broken. Do:

    > > ppm repo off theory58S

    > > And then remove and re-install DBD-mysql.

    > > -Max- Hide quoted text -

    i have tried, ppm repo up theory58S not properly installed on my pc
    but i have installed ppm repo add theory58S http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms
    on my pc properly still i am geting the same problem.

    C:\>ppm repo up theory58S
    The repo command 'up' isn't recognized; try one of add, delete,
    describe,
    list, location, off, on, rename, search, suggest, or sync
    Usage: ppm repo
    Run 'ppm help repo' to learn more.

    C:\>ppm repo off theory58S
    ppm repo failed: No such repo; 'ppm repo list' will print what's
    available

    Thanks
    Shadab Hasan
    S/W Eng.
    shasan@zansys.com

  6. Re: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    On Jul 19, 5:18 am, HS wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45
    > and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the
    > database. However, when I point my Firefox tohttp://localhost/I got
    > the following error:
    >
    > install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
    > 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql:
    > load_file:The specified module could not be found at
    > C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    > at (eval 34) line 3
    > Compilation failed in require at (eval 34) line 3.
    > Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
    > at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 902
    >
    > Googled it and tried to uninstall DBI and DBD-mysql package, problem
    > didn't go away... any hint?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Henry

    Hi,

    i have tried, ppm repo up theory58S not properly installed on my pc
    but i have installed ppm repo add theory58S http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms
    on my pc properly still i am geting the same problem.

    C:\>ppm repo up theory58S
    The repo command 'up' isn't recognized; try one of add, delete,
    describe,
    list, location, off, on, rename, search, suggest, or sync
    Usage: ppm repo
    Run 'ppm help repo' to learn more.

    C:\>ppm repo off theory58S
    ppm repo failed: No such repo; 'ppm repo list' will print what's
    available

    Thanks
    Shadab Hasan
    S/W Eng.
    shasan@zansys.com

  7. Re[2]: Perl Mysql - install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load mysql.dll

    Hallo shasan mca,
    Monday, July 30, 2007, 5:32:16 PM, haben Sie folgendes geschrieben:

    C:\>>ppm repo up theory58S
    > The repo command 'up' isn't recognized; try one of add, delete,
    > describe,
    > list, location, off, on, rename, search, suggest, or sync
    > Usage: ppm repo
    > Run 'ppm help repo' to learn more.

    There is no "up"-command anymorte in the most recent versions aof
    Activstate Perl for Windows.

    C:\>>ppm repo off theory58S
    > ppm repo failed: No such repo; 'ppm repo list' will print what's
    > available

    What does ppm repo list show you?

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

    Thorsten Schöning

    --
    Thorsten Schöning
    AM-SoFT IT-Systeme - Hameln | Potsdam | Leipzig

    Telefon: Potsdam: 0331-743881-0
    E-Mail: tschoening@am-soft.de
    Web: http://www.am-soft.de

    AM-SoFT Potsdam GmbH, Konsumhof 1-5, 14482 Potsdam
    Amtsgericht Potsdam HRB 12480, Geschäftsführer Andreas Muchow

+ Reply to Thread