How Do I Invoke email_in.pl? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How Do I Invoke email_in.pl? - Mozilla ; I just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to test the email feature. How do I invoke email_in.pl using Sendmail as my MTA? Thanks! Matt...

  1. How Do I Invoke email_in.pl?

    I just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to test the email feature. How
    do I invoke email_in.pl using Sendmail as my MTA?

    Thanks!
    Matt

  2. Re: How Do I Invoke email_in.pl?

    I attempted to create an alias to the script, but now I get a
    permission denied error.

    bugzilla: "|/usr/share/bugzilla/email_in.pl -vvv"

    "|/usr/share/bugzilla/email_in.pl -vvv"
    sh: /usr/share/bugzilla/email_in.pl: Permission denied
    554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 126

  3. Re: How Do I Invoke email_in.pl?

    Okay, I got it to work by aliasing to a different user and then using
    procmail to pipe to the script. Is there a more efficient way?

  4. Re: How Do I Invoke email_in.pl?

    On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:32:27 -0700 matt wrote:
    > Okay, I got it to work by aliasing to a different user and then using
    > procmail to pipe to the script. Is there a more efficient way?

    That's the way I've always done it.

    You could possibly add sendmail into the Apache group, and then
    it might not get those "permission denied" errors.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

  5. Re: How Do I Invoke email_in.pl?

    On Jul 3, 5:32 pm, matt wrote:
    > Okay, I got it to work by aliasing to a different user and then using
    > procmail to pipe to the script. Is there a more efficient way?

    I am trying to to do the same thing, bit it is not working for me. I
    am pretty sure my procmailrc is messed up. Can you post it by any
    chance?

+ Reply to Thread