Locked out due to missing LDAP server - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Locked out due to missing LDAP server - Mozilla ; Hi, I dove in over my head and have now locked myself out of my bugzilla install. Any insight appreciated! Here is what happened: I have a working bugzilla install, v2.17 on OldServer. (NOTE: Using LDAP auth) I dumped the ...

  1. Locked out due to missing LDAP server

    Hi,
    I dove in over my head and have now locked myself out of my bugzilla
    install. Any insight appreciated!

    Here is what happened:
    I have a working bugzilla install, v2.17 on OldServer. (NOTE: Using LDAP
    auth)
    I dumped the db and copied the data folder to NewServer.
    I installed 2.22 on NewServer, imported the db dump, and copied in the data
    folder.
    After all the support lib files were installed and checksetup ran to
    completion I am unable to log into bugzilla. Reason: I cannot connect to the
    old LDAP server as I am in a different domain.

    So, how can I log in to my bugzilla install without LDAP auth to change it
    back to password auth?

    Clark

  2. Re: Locked out due to missing LDAP server

    Update:
    I managed to get in!! I edited the params file in the data folder,
    and managed to get a reset password email out to myself.

    Now just need to reset everyone else's accounts...
    Cheers!
    Clark

    "Clark Freeman" wrote in message
    news:YNCdnTfJjLwItSzYnZ2dnUVZ_tGsnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Hi,
    > I dove in over my head and have now locked myself out of my bugzilla
    > install. Any insight appreciated!
    >
    > Here is what happened:
    > I have a working bugzilla install, v2.17 on OldServer. (NOTE: Using LDAP
    > auth)
    > I dumped the db and copied the data folder to NewServer.
    > I installed 2.22 on NewServer, imported the db dump, and copied in the
    > data folder.
    > After all the support lib files were installed and checksetup ran to
    > completion I am unable to log into bugzilla. Reason: I cannot connect to
    > the old LDAP server as I am in a different domain.
    >
    > So, how can I log in to my bugzilla install without LDAP auth to change it
    > back to password auth?
    >
    > Clark

  3. Re: Locked out due to missing LDAP server

    "Clark Freeman" wrote:
    > I dumped the db and copied the data folder to NewServer.
    > I installed 2.22 on NewServer, imported the db dump, and copied in the data
    > folder.

    the order here is wrong. you should import before installing.

    it's possible that you weren't affected by this, but just for reference
    you want to be sure when you migrate that the existing db is in place
    first. generally it's best to migrate completely before upgrading (so,
    export, import, copy old bugzilla, verify it works, then upgrade).

+ Reply to Thread