Move products around classifications - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Move products around classifications - Mozilla ; Hi, we are about to upgrade from 2.16 tree to 2.22. As we want to use the classification system to order our products, is there a possibilty to move products into classification ? I noticed in our test installation, that ...

  1. Move products around classifications

    Hi,

    we are about to upgrade from 2.16 tree to 2.22.

    As we want to use the classification system to order our products, is
    there a possibilty to move products into classification ?

    I noticed in our test installation, that on activating the
    classification system, all existing (imported from 2.16 DB) products
    are belonging to one classification and that it is only possible to
    choose a different classification on creating a new product.

    So it seems that I have to decide on product creation. But what could I
    do if I import all the products upgrading from an old DB ?

    Best regards,
    Stefan

  2. Re: Move products around classifications

    Stefan,

    3 Nov 2006 00:50:12 -0800, Stefan :
    > I noticed in our test installation, that on activating the
    > classification system, all existing (imported from 2.16 DB) products
    > are belonging to one classification and that it is only possible to
    > choose a different classification on creating a new product.

    you can easily re-classify: bring up the list of classifications (the
    'Classifications' link in Bugzilla's footer), then click a
    'reclassify' link on a given classification.

    Regards
    Marc

  3. Re: Move products around classifications

    Must have been blinded by something

    Thanks a lot for answering obviuos things.

    Regards,
    Stefan

+ Reply to Thread