Configuring SMTP with 2.22 on Windows Server 2003 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Configuring SMTP with 2.22 on Windows Server 2003 - Mozilla ; I have set the mail_delivery_method to SMTP, entered the correct SMTP server into my bugzilla email parameters, and have all the necessary perl modules installed. Everything I've read says that this setup should send email (the SMTP server is allowing ...

  1. Configuring SMTP with 2.22 on Windows Server 2003

    I have set the mail_delivery_method to SMTP, entered the correct SMTP
    server into my bugzilla email parameters, and have all the necessary
    perl modules installed. Everything I've read says that this setup should
    send email (the SMTP server is allowing relaying from the bugzilla
    machine). What am I doing wrong, and do I need to modify BugMail.pm even
    though I am using Bugzilla v.2.22?

    Interestingly, when I impersonate a user (sudo-user mode), email is sent
    correctly to the user who is being impersonated. Any other action
    (submit request for password, enter a new bug, modify a current bug)
    does not produce an email.

    Thanks for your help.

    -Scott

  2. Re: Configuring SMTP with 2.22 on Windows Server 2003

    Scott,

    I had the same problem.

    When you go to Parameters->Email, edit each of the email templates and
    replace the Bugzilla-Daemon part of the From line with something in an
    actual email format (such as bugzilla@aegis-semi.com or similar).

    Of course, the domain you use should have permissions to relay through
    your smtp server, etc.

    Chuck

+ Reply to Thread