help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM - Mozilla

This is a discussion on help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM - Mozilla ; Hi, I'd like any help on this topic. I'm using Bugzilla 2.18. I set usevotes to On, and set number of votes in each products. However, I try to add a new bug, default state is set to NEW. Is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

  1. help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Hi,

    I'd like any help on this topic.
    I'm using Bugzilla 2.18. I set usevotes to On, and set number of votes
    in each products.
    However, I try to add a new bug, default state is set to NEW. Is there
    a way to make defaults state to UNCONFIRM?
    I'd appreciate any help.

    Thanks,
    - Mary


  2. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Mary,

    5 Jul 2006 15:43:46 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > However, I try to add a new bug, default state is set to NEW. Is there


    this is only the case if you're a member of the canconfirm group. Try
    logging in as somebody not in this group.

    Kind regards
    Marc

    --
    http://wurblzap.net/
    Bugzilla hosting and professional support

  3. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Hi Marc,

    I tried to log in as a member that does not belong to canconfirm group.
    However, when I add a new bug, default status is still set to "NEW".
    How I can have default set to "UNCONFIRM"?

    Thanks
    - Mary


    Marc Schumann wrote:
    > Mary,
    >
    > 5 Jul 2006 15:43:46 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > > However, I try to add a new bug, default state is set to NEW. Is there

    >
    > this is only the case if you're a member of the canconfirm group. Try
    > logging in as somebody not in this group.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Marc
    >
    > --
    > http://wurblzap.net/
    > Bugzilla hosting and professional support



  4. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Mary,

    6 Jul 2006 10:57:03 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > I tried to log in as a member that does not belong to canconfirm group.
    > However, when I add a new bug, default status is still set to "NEW".
    > How I can have default set to "UNCONFIRM"?


    please double-check that the user doesn't inherit canconfirm
    membership from a regular expression or from membership of another
    group.
    Check the product you're testing:
    o Set "Maximum votes per person" to a non-zero value
    o Set "Maximum votes a person can put on a single bug" to a non-zero value
    o Set "Number of votes [...] to get out of the UNCONFIRMED state" to
    a non-zero value

    Regards
    Marc

    --
    http://wurblzap.net/
    Bugzilla hosting and professional support

  5. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Hi Marc,

    Thanks for your help. But I still can't get it.
    The users I'm using only has editbugs privilege,
    and the product was set to have:
    o Set "Maximum votes per person" to 100
    o Set "Maximum votes a person can put on a single bug" to 10
    o Set "Number of votes [...] to get out of the UNCONFIRMED state" to
    1

    but when I do new, I still get status as "NEW"
    Is there something else need to be tweak?

    Thanks a lots.
    - Mary


    Marc Schumann wrote:
    > Mary,
    >
    > 6 Jul 2006 10:57:03 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > > I tried to log in as a member that does not belong to canconfirm group.
    > > However, when I add a new bug, default status is still set to "NEW".
    > > How I can have default set to "UNCONFIRM"?

    >
    > please double-check that the user doesn't inherit canconfirm
    > membership from a regular expression or from membership of another
    > group.
    > Check the product you're testing:
    > o Set "Maximum votes per person" to a non-zero value
    > o Set "Maximum votes a person can put on a single bug" to a non-zero value
    > o Set "Number of votes [...] to get out of the UNCONFIRMED state" to
    > a non-zero value
    >
    > Regards
    > Marc
    >
    > --
    > http://wurblzap.net/
    > Bugzilla hosting and professional support



  6. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Mary,

    6 Jul 2006 14:00:03 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > The users I'm using only has editbugs privilege,


    yeah, turns out editbugs people can choose the initial state, too. I
    didn't know this either.

    Regards
    Marc

    --
    http://wurblzap.net/
    Bugzilla hosting and professional support

  7. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Thanks Marc,

    It works now.

    I'm wondering what ability will the user lose when he/she does not
    belong to those 2 groups? I tried to do some experiments. Seems like
    he/she can still edit bugs, and vote for that particular bug.

    Thanks
    - Mary

    Marc Schumann wrote:
    > Mary,
    >
    > 6 Jul 2006 14:00:03 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > > The users I'm using only has editbugs privilege,

    >
    > yeah, turns out editbugs people can choose the initial state, too. I
    > didn't know this either.
    >
    > Regards
    > Marc
    >
    > --
    > http://wurblzap.net/
    > Bugzilla hosting and professional support



  8. Re: help in setting default state to UNCONFIRM

    Mary,

    7 Jul 2006 11:50:43 -0700, qa_engineer :
    > I'm wondering what ability will the user lose when he/she does not
    > belong to those 2 groups? I tried to do some experiments. Seems like
    > he/she can still edit bugs, and vote for that particular bug.


    see http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/htm...ml#manageusers for this.

    Regards
    Marc

    --
    http://wurblzap.net/
    Bugzilla hosting and professional support

+ Reply to Thread