> I down loaded bugzilla 2.22 while i execute it is giving the following
> error.
>

> Software error:
> Can't connect to the database.
> Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)
> Is your database installed and up and running?
> Do you havethe correct username and password selected in

localconfig?

> For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving

this
> error message and the time and date of the error.

Is MySQL running? If it is, is it set up to connect via local sockets?
If not, you're going to need to change your Bugzilla setup or your MySQL
setup. Typically, we encourage users to use TCP/IP on port 3306 for
MySQL.

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer/Administrator, Perforce SCM Administrator
AMD - ECSD Software Validation and Tools

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information. Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices. This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.