smtp 550 administrative prohibition - Mozilla

This is a discussion on smtp 550 administrative prohibition - Mozilla ; Hi, I've been trying to configure bugzilla (installed on centos) to send email via smtp. It would seem that the smtp server is sending the following response: 550 administrative prohibition. Is it a problem caused by the ISP which demands ...

  1. smtp 550 administrative prohibition

    Hi,

    I've been trying to configure bugzilla (installed on centos) to send email
    via smtp. It would seem that the smtp server is sending the following
    response: 550 administrative prohibition.
    Is it a problem caused by the ISP which demands a username/password? if so
    how can I configure bugzilla to use a username/password? if not, what can I
    do to fix this problem?

    Tnx, Guy.

  2. Re: smtp 550 administrative prohibition

    Guy wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to configure bugzilla (installed on centos) to send email
    > via smtp. It would seem that the smtp server is sending the following
    > response: 550 administrative prohibition.
    > Is it a problem caused by the ISP which demands a username/password? if so
    > how can I configure bugzilla to use a username/password? if not, what can I
    > do to fix this problem?
    >
    > Tnx, Guy.

    Not much info to go on here, but you probably can configure sendmail to
    use smarthost mode. There's quite a few options to be had there, and
    it's easier to fix it there than to try to change bugzilla.

    Here's some good info that might be helpful with sendmail...

    http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/l...n/sendmail.htm

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread