migrating question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on migrating question - Mozilla ; Hi All I have just inherited a bugzilla database running on gent00 linux. I would like to know if there are any documents/instructions on migrating the database to a windows version of the bugzilla installation. I have the install notes ...

  1. migrating question

    Hi All

    I have just inherited a bugzilla database running on gent00 linux.
    I would like to know if there are any documents/instructions on migrating
    the database to a windows version of the bugzilla installation.

    I have the install notes - authored by Bryon Jones.
    What I plan to do is follow his instructions to create a brand new windows
    installation and then to try and migrate the database - is this possible?

    thanks
    john

  2. Re: migrating question

    as it is a database, you'd think you could just take the old database, and
    use it with the windows bugzilla, but if you guys customized the hell out of
    it, i imagine it would be harder.

    jay

    "John Pan" wrote in message
    news:Adedna_Rab7XqJrZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have just inherited a bugzilla database running on gent00 linux.
    > I would like to know if there are any documents/instructions on migrating
    > the database to a windows version of the bugzilla installation.
    >
    > I have the install notes - authored by Bryon Jones.
    > What I plan to do is follow his instructions to create a brand new windows
    > installation and then to try and migrate the database - is this possible?
    >
    > thanks
    > john

  3. Re: migrating question

    On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 07:11 +1300, John Pan wrote:
    > I have just inherited a bugzilla database running on gent00 linux.
    > I would like to know if there are any documents/instructions on migrating
    > the database to a windows version of the bugzilla installation.
    >
    > I have the install notes - authored by Bryon Jones.
    > What I plan to do is follow his instructions to create a brand new windows
    > installation and then to try and migrate the database - is this possible?

    Yeah, that's totally possible. You can most likely just run it like an
    upgrade -- see the Release Notes for upgrade instructions, and you can
    probably figure it out from there.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread