Re: Long format search result export - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Long format search result export - Mozilla ; On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:29 +0100, Toepfer Philipp wrote: > I need to export our search results in a *.csv file. Is there a > possibility to export the long format bug list, so that I have also > the ...

  1. Re: Long format search result export

    On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:29 +0100, Toepfer Philipp wrote:
    > I need to export our search results in a *.csv file. Is there a
    > possibility to export the long format bug list, so that I have also
    > the comments and solutions inside my csv-file?
    >
    > Right now I only find the possibilty to export the short format.

    CSV files don't have very good support for multi-line fields, so that
    probably wouldn't work very well (since comments have more than one
    line). So no, it can't be done. You can export each individual bug as
    XML, however.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Everything Solved: Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Linux Services

  2. Re: Long format search result export

    > CSV files don't have very good support for multi-line fields, so that
    > probably wouldn't work very well (since comments have more than one
    > line). So no, it can't be done. You can export each individual bug as
    > XML, however.
    >
    > -Max

    Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?

    Thanks,
    Andrea

  3. Re: Long format search result export

    On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 23:18 +0100, Andrea Mattoni wrote:
    > Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?

    Yep. Just click on the "XML Format" button at the bottom of the page.
    It's not possible to include the comments though, I think.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

  4. Re: Long format search result export

    >> Is it possible to export the entire search result page in XML format?

    > Yep. Just click on the "XML Format" button at the bottom of the page.
    > It's not possible to include the comments though, I think.
    >
    > -Max

    I've Bugzilla 2.20 installed on a Debian-linux distribution.
    I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
    the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
    where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

    Thanks,
    Andrea

  5. Re: Long format search result export

    Andrea,

    2006/3/3, Andrea Mattoni :
    > I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
    > the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
    > where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

    it's not part of 2.20. You may want to upgrade to 2.22.

    Regards
    Marc

    --
    http://wurblzap.net/
    Bugzilla hosting and professional support

  6. Re: Long format search result export

    On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 22:42 +0100, Andrea Mattoni wrote:
    > I've Bugzilla 2.20 installed on a Debian-linux distribution.
    > I can argue that there is no "XML Format" button neither at the top nor at
    > the bottom of the search result page, trust me. Could you please specify
    > where can i find this "magic" button/link?!

    Hrm, you're right. Strange. Ah well, just add "&format=rdf" to the end
    of your buglist.cgi URL.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread