configuration of existing postgres - Mozilla

This is a discussion on configuration of existing postgres - Mozilla ; Hi, Im having problems getting checksetup.pl to run using an existing postgres (version 8.0). When I run checksetup.pl it gets through the check modules portion but stops somewhere in the create tables section. sometimes I get: Adding new table bz_schema ...

  1. configuration of existing postgres

    Hi, Im having problems getting checksetup.pl to run using an existing postgres (version 8.0).

    When I run checksetup.pl it gets through the check modules portion but stops somewhere in the create tables section.

    sometimes I get:

    Adding new table bz_schema ...
    Initializing the new Schema storage...
    Assertion *retlen+1 <= resultant_len+2 failed: file "quote.c", line 319 at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 824.

    sometimes I get:
    Adding new table attachments ...
    NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "attachments_attach_id_seq1" for serial column "attachments.attach_id"
    DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "attachments" already exists
    [for Statement "CREATE TABLE attachments (
    attach_id serial unique NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    bug_id integer NOT NULL,
    creation_ts timestamp(0) without time zone NOT NULL,
    description text NOT NULL,
    mimetype text NOT NULL,
    ispatch smallint,
    filename varchar(100) NOT NULL,
    thedata bytea NOT NULL,
    submitter_id integer NOT NULL,
    isobsolete smallint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
    isprivate smallint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    )"] at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 504
    Bugzilla:B::_bz_add_table_raw('Bugzilla:B::Pg=HASH(0xaa42120)','attachments') called at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 479
    Bugzilla:B::bz_add_table('Bugzilla:B::Pg=HASH(0xaa42120)','attachments') called at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 333
    Bugzilla:B::bz_setup_database('Bugzilla:B::Pg=HASH(0xaa42120)') called at Bugzilla/DB/Pg.pm line 209
    Bugzilla:B::Pg::bz_setup_database('Bugzilla:B::Pg=HASH(0xaa42120)') called at ./checksetup.pl line 1593

    If I drop tables and start over I get:
    Adding new table attachments ...
    NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "attachments_attach_id_seq" for serial column "attachments.attach_id"
    NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "attachments_pkey" for table "attachments"
    Assertion *retlen+1 <= resultant_len+2 failed: file "quote.c", line 319 at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 910.

    please help, Thanks Don Sutton

  2. Re: configuration of existing postgres

    On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 18:40 -0800, Don Sutton wrote:
    > Hi, Im having problems getting checksetup.pl to run using an existing
    > postgres (version 8.0).
    >
    > When I run checksetup.pl it gets through the check modules portion but
    > stops somewhere in the create tables section.
    >
    > Assertion *retlen+1 <= resultant_len+2 failed: file "quote.c", line 319 at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 824.

    Hey Don. Did you ever work this out? You need to upgrade to DBD::Pg
    1.45. Also, you'll need to drop your database and let checksetup.pl
    re-create it, after you do the upgrade.

    -Max
    --
    http://www.everythingsolved.com/
    Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.

+ Reply to Thread